2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 1/23/2018 at 11:43 PM, Chwf3rd25 said:

Average to above average TEs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  With the mediocre athleticism of guys like Gesicki and Fumagalli I just don’t think they offer much upside and thus not that much value.

Lol have you watched Gesicki?  He's not a "mediocre athlete."  Not every tight end has to be Evan Engram to cause matchup problems.  With any kind of decent showing at the Combine he's pretty much sewn up a spot in the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Gesicki will put up very good numbers at the combine.  He'll rival some WR numbers.

Eh, he's maybe TE 1 in this class and is a really good pass catching TE but he'll only put up better numbers than any WRs who really didn't deserve to be invited.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Gesicki will put up very good numbers at the combine.  He'll rival some WR numbers.

He may have great hands and can make some acrobatic catches.  But, he's not overly fast nor elusive.  If his "numbers" from the combine beat any of the WR's there, you pretty much write the WR off your draft list.

With that said, the dude can play.  And I think he will be a very good TE for years to come.

46 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Eh, he's maybe TE 1 in this class and is a really good pass catching TE but he'll only put up better numbers than any WRs who really didn't deserve to be invited.

I think Geiseki runs a 4.62ish 40 time. There will be a significant amount of WR's that run over this. None that I want, but Geiseki is pretty damn fast. He's just a bean pole and doesn't even block well for a WR. Braxton Berrios is a better blocker at 5'8 & 185 pounds.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Geiseki runs a 4.62ish 40 time. There will be a significant amount of WR's that run over this. None that I want, but Geiseki is pretty damn fast. He's just a bean pole and doesn't even block well for a WR. Braxton Berrios is a better blocker at 5'8 & 185 pounds.

That's fine, I totally disagree. He hasn't outrun a soul over 40 yards, I think 4.62 is extremely generous for him, I'm being unbiased as possible, he runs like a 4.75 - 4.78 guy, 4.62 is borderline explosive for a TE, hell David Njoku ran a 4.64 and Gesicki is nowhere the athlete Njoku. Athletically, there is nothing special about him except his jumping ability, and this is not a slight to him as a player, he has outstanding hands and playmaking ability due to his hops.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm being unbiased as possible, he runs like a 4.75 - 4.78 guy, 4.62 is borderline explosive for a TE, hell David Njoku ran a 4.64 and Gesicki is nowhere the athlete Njoku.

Hmmmm that'd surprise me if he ran that slow.

David Njoku's 40 time was incredibly shocking. Most predicted him to run 4.4-4.5 with how fast he was on the field. I agree they aren't even in the same realm as athletes, but Geiseki seems a lot leggier and seems like a dude that will stride out a great 40. I could be wrong, but I think he'll definitely hit the 4.6 range. We shall see.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If he runs a 4.62 that will radically change my opinion of him.  I just didnt see that when I watched him.

Mike Gesicki is a genetic freak.He has enormous hands,and very long arms.Mikes wingspan is the same as David Njoko.Gesicki is an exceptional athlete.He has extraordinary leaping ability,excellent speed,and outstanding hands.I think Mike will do very well at the combine.

Daniel Jeremiah said Mike Gesicki has rare receiving talent. 

On 1/22/2018 at 6:53 PM, Broncofan said:

If he’s only a slot guy I’d get it.  I just see a guy in the mold of a Corey Coleman (yet to fulfill the promise) or Steve Smith - can take you deep, great YAC ability and elusive to get open short.  The Combine will have to show elite traits (non-40 drills) to show explosion / short area burst / catch radius) and shed the “too small/speed-only” label he’s been given.  It’s ironic though that Ridley ends up probably 15-20 lbs lighter but won’t get the same concerns raised.  

I just don't see him beating press coverage well enough to play on the boundary.

Archived