Jump to content
CalhounLambeau

2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

Recommended Posts

Callaway is an all-time idiot considering how he's been able to skate off relatively easy from other issues. Related rumor is that he and the other players committed credit card fraud by buying an Apple Watch, and then reporting the credit card as being stolen.

Edited by JammerHammer21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Callaway is an all-time idiot considering how he's been able to skate off relatively easy from other issues. Related rumor is that he and the other players committed credit card fraud by buying an Apple Watch, and then reporting the credit card as being stolen.

If that's true...my goodness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All 4 of Tech's starters are draft eligible, 3 of them being seniors and all have the potential to get drafted IMO. 

Derrick Willies is the biggest physical freak of the bunch at 6'4 and who runs a 4.40. He also has the least production of the 4.
Dylan Cantrell is another big body at 6'3 and he's more of a possession receiver. 
Cameron Batson is a small gadget type receiver, who is also our punt returner. But he has great hands (lowest drop % in the B12) and is tough as nails.
Keke Coutee is the lone junior of the bunch, but he's also the best. If he has a huge year, which if he's healthy he will, I could see him declaring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Callaway is an all-time idiot considering how he's been able to skate off relatively easy from other issues. Related rumor is that he and the other players committed credit card fraud by buying an Apple Watch, and then reporting the credit card as being stolen.

Oh, wow. Guy has top 10 talent, but is a dunce. If there's any validity to the CC fraud claim, he won't be drafted. Just too much baggage to take him seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Oh, wow. Guy has top 10 talent, but is a dunce. If there's any validity to the CC fraud claim, he won't be drafted. Just too much baggage to take him seriously.

Don't be crazy. He'll be drafted.

For Tennessee:

Juaun Jennings is about the only guy draft eligible that has a shot. Maybe Jeff George if he can show absolutely anything with his body size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Don't be crazy. He'll be drafted.

For Tennessee:

Juaun Jennings is about the only guy draft eligible that has a shot. Maybe Jeff George if he can show absolutely anything with his body size.

I gotta wait for the year to be done - who knows what kind of stupidity he'll find himself in this season. CC fraud is dabbling into "Federal Offense" territory. 

Had he not had multiple issues pop up over the life of his career, I could see him learning from his mistake and moving on - but he simply doesn't understand the consequences of his behavior, so I expect him to do something equally as stupid in the very near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callaway keeps shooting himself in the foot.. Fingers crossed he passes his test at the combine. Can't stop smoking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are already a few underrated/small school wide receivers I like for this draft. There are at least two that I think have the potential to make themselves 1st round picks with a good showing this upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IDOG_det said:

There are already a few underrated/small school wide receivers I like for this draft. There are at least two that I think have the potential to make themselves 1st round picks with a good showing this upcoming season.

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scout said:
3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

There are already a few underrated/small school wide receivers I like for this draft. There are at least two that I think have the potential to make themselves 1st round picks with a good showing this upcoming season.

Who?

Emmanuel Butler, Northern Arizona and Jonathan Duhart, Old Dominion. Both are big, strong WR's. Butler has been significantly more productive so far in his career, although at a smaller school. His route running has been improving, though I want to see him get better releases and work with a track coach to work on his sprinting form in order to be a little faster. Duhart is taking over as the WR1 at ODU with Zach Pascal leaving. Duhart was fairly productive as a WR2 last year, but he really stood out and has made some ridiculous catches in practices. He looks the part of a 1st round WR, he catches the ball really well, he looks like his game is already fairly refined, he just hasn't produced much yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Scout said:

Callaway keeps shooting himself in the foot.. Fingers crossed he passes his test at the combine. Can't stop smoking. 

Kid's a loser.  Straight up.  All the talent in the world.  All these chances he's being given will run out eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Groink said:

Kid's a loser.  Straight up.  All the talent in the world.  All these chances he's being given will run out eventually.

Very true, but it keeps happening over and over with NFL prospects but if they can play it really does not matter in some cases.  Marcus Peters was kicked out of school mid way through his junior year, he is a Pro Bowler.   Tyreek Hill strangled her pregnant girlfriend and he is a Pro Bowler.  Turns out as long as you do not get DUI or fail drug tests you can be a dirt bag human being in some cases and still stick around the league.   People can change actions and hopefully Callaway will, but sure is looking like a fool.  Very similar to Johnny Football his last year on A&M, that off season before his final year as a laughing stock of stupid crap he did...

 

Odd but NBA players and prospect do not get into near the trouble NFL prospects and players do....  Sure there is a numbers game there with more football players but still, it seems to be constantly something over and over again with high level prospects in football.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auden Tate has the potential to be a star. Wouldn't shock me if he finished as the #1 WR on boards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Scout said:

Auden Tate has the potential to be a star. Wouldn't shock me if he finished as the #1 WR on boards. 

A combination of Kelvin and Calvin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×