2018 Draft Eligible TE Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 3/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

So is it just me or is Gesicki the softest giant guy you've seen? He is huge and is a freak athlete but I've watched all his highlights and I've seen maybe 2 broken tackles. He will be a nightmare but he absolutely has to get tougher. 

The way he's used makes it so he doesn't have to be tough. He's not going to play in-line in the NFL so blocking isn't a major red flag (although he's not even a good blocker for a WR). How many 6'6 dudes do you know that routinely break tackles? Not many. He's a gigantic target and high point master, not a RAC guy. He's fast enough to catch something and turn it into a big gain, but he's not making anyone miss or running through anybody. I don't think he needs to...very few TE's are asked to do that.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:18 PM, jrry32 said:

I see Goedert as the same caliber of athlete as Hurst with the same level of ball-tracking skills, same caliber of hands, and better size and strength. I also see Goedert as a better blocker and runner after the catch. IMO, Goedert is a more talented version of Hurst.

I see him as slightly below Hurst, but that age difference could be significant and just maybe, it gets him drafted ahead of Hurst and into round 1. IMO, if he goes after Goedert, it will be because of the age difference, not based on ability alone. The current significance in their talent, just may not be enough to get over the age hump as they are close, but Hurst will start from day one and be productive, but you may have to wait a bit on Goedert to reach that level!

10 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Anybody else really like Tyler Conklin?

He's got a solid well-rounded game.  I think he's still regaining his form coming off of that foot injury but the 2016 version was very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived