Times Are A Changin

CWood21

Thank you, @gopherwrestler, for you willingness to serve the community here in that capacity. It is a mostly thankless duty. Generally, the people that notice are the people that have a bone to pick. I hope you have elephant thick skin.

On one hand, whenever you have to enforce a rule there is a fair chance that someone will be annoyed with you.

On the other hand, whenever you fail to enforce a rule there will be a decent chance that someone will be annoyed with you.

Thank you so much for being willing to subject yourself to it all. Don't let the complaints get to you, there is no way to satisfy everyone -- do your best, don't hesitate to unstick sticky situations, don't take things personally, refuse to get overly responsive to the negative feelings and provocations of others, learn to be patient, don't be quick to blame, don't worry about looking stupid, and most of all stay consistent.

It isn't easy.

I do not know who chose you, but I think that they made a great choice. You were a great choice to meet this task. Best of luck to you!

13 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Thank you, @gopherwrestler, for you willingness to serve the community here in that capacity. It is a mostly thankless duty. Generally, the people that notice are the people that have a bone to pick. I hope you have elephant thick skin.

On one hand, whenever you have to enforce a rule there is a fair chance that someone will be annoyed with you.

On the other hand, whenever you fail to enforce a rule there will be a decent chance that someone will be annoyed with you.

Thank you so much for being willing to subject yourself to it all. Don't let the complaints get to you, there is no way to satisfy everyone -- do your best, don't hesitate to unstick sticky situations, don't take things personally, refuse to get overly responsive to the negative feelings and provocations of others, learn to be patient, don't be quick to blame, don't worry about looking stupid, and most of all stay consistent.

It isn't easy.

I do not know who chose you, but I think that they made a great choice. You were a great choice to meet this task. Best of luck to you!

I'm annoyed just by reading this.    Just kidding.  :D

Welcome to the "former Vikings forum mod" club @Klomp and good luck to @gopherwrestler in your new duties.  I'm confident you will do well.  

@Klomp: Thanks for taking great care of the forum/members here, especially during the transition. I'm sure that was not an easy task, and the forum is still in great shape. Well done.

@gopherwrestler: I concur that they made a great choice. It's always great to have engaging and active mods. I think that you were a great choice especially because of how well you know football and the players. Good luck, man!

Archived