Bell contract 2018

3rivers

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

if we have to go through this next year :) .  Can he wait until late in the season again to sigh the transition tag ?

Yes but why?  It allows other teams to make him offers.  Some team like the Jets will put in a poison pill that says his entire contract is fully guaranteed if he plays 8 games in the state of Pennsylvania and the Steelers may let him walk.

12 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Yes but why?  It allows other teams to make him offers.  Some team like the Jets will put in a poison pill that says his entire contract is fully guaranteed if he plays 8 games in the state of Pennsylvania and the Steelers may let him walk.

Poison pills were outlawed in last cba.

56 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

If he doesn't report this season when he said the 2nd time (like now?) can the steelers pull the tag and let him walk into UFA? Then trade a 2nd and a 5th for Peterson21 :D

Trade dupree and burns for Brandon Graham

They could rescind the tag whenever they want.

We're getting laughed off the phone with both of those offers.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

They could rescind the tag whenever they want.

We're getting laughed off the phone with both of those offers.

The peterson offer is what I read, and I laughed when I read that. I  thought for sure a 1st and then some, but when I read this, I thought I may as well post it.

The Graham deal though, is more far fetched since dupree has the 5th year option obligation and well, we know about burns who really has had issues this season but maybe a new team will help him out. 

Graham, Watt and Adeyini should help the pass rush . We know that Peterson and Haden could be a way of making QB's forget passing that way.  

If you don't want AB returning punts, then we have the option of Peterson, not too bad is it?

Leave Peterson and Haden alone, let the help cover the TE's and the middle of the field. Or of course, blitz more

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

You don't want a #1 WR returning punts but the #1 CB is ok?  Especially when we got someone already doing it.

sarcasm, but only if required like when Santonio had the return in 2008 vs ravens . 

They better trade for Peterson, thats all I know because Bell will be gone, and Peterson will help the team more and will be for a few more years.  Colbert needs to get going on this

I think we need to get off the Peterson thing. The Cardinals called the idea of trading him ludicrous and even if he was available a lot of teams would be interested and the Steelers have lower draft picks (usually) and rarely are the team that gives up the most to get anybody.  

Yeah, not sure why anyone would even remotely believe we would trade for Peterson.     Steelers might inquire, but wouldnt pull the trigger based on the obviously crazy price it would cost.   Some team would easily trade two first round picks or equivalent value.     Even if LeVeon Bell was tradeable, the Cards dont need a RB...and that would be the most likely route.  

To me, unless the Eagles are the team that trades for Bell, and Brandon Graham or Ronald Darby could be possible targets from them, I dont see how we trade him at all.

Idk, it might actually be possible to trade Burns, Bell, Dupree and acquire Graham, Darby, and a pick.

Thats extremely unlikely and nothing has suggested theyre even considering trading Bud or Artie.

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

To me, unless the Eagles are the team that trades for Bell, and Brandon Graham or Ronald Darby could be possible targets from them, I dont see how we trade him at all.

Idk, it might actually be possible to trade Burns, Bell, Dupree and acquire Graham, Darby, and a pick.

Thats extremely unlikely and nothing has suggested theyre even considering trading Bud or Artie.

do all trades have indications of who the teams want to trade or are some trades a surprise to the public when they happen?

Seems like Bucannon is more likely to be traded then PP. He doesn't fit into their future scheme. He's really light but he could fill that "Shazier" and/or Coverage LB role but those front 3 would really have to be stout and Bostic/VW would have to excel at plugging holes. Could be done tho.   

8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Seems like Bucannon is more likely to be traded then PP. He doesn't fit into their future scheme. He's really light but he could fill that "Shazier" and/or Coverage LB role but those front 3 would really have to be stout and Bostic/VW would have to excel at plugging holes. Could be done tho.   

2 topics I am tired of are :

1. replacing shazier/ how the D fell apart after he got hurt.  Our schedule also was more difficult after that, many don't bring that up for some reason . 

2. we can't win SB without Bell

Last I checked neither of those players won SB's , and  other teams found ways to win without. While these players were great, the team must move on and find other ways just as other teams do. This is almost like a tail chasing , not quite as absurd as "finding the the next LT", but similar. Did BB keep trying to find another LT and design his D around that? 

I would trade 2 RD2 picks and then some players for Peterson, preferably burns and dupree. If we trade RD1 pick, that might seem logical since we can't draft RD1 on D anyways, takes the pressure off colbert. Cards don't need dupree and I doubt anyone would want burns. Do you think anyone would take burns? I can't believe ereck  flowers got signed, so there is a chance:o

Archived