LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

26 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who are the '19 FRP and swap rights from?

I'll take Lonzo to take on the Deng contract but the only thing I would give up for it is #31. Tbh I rather have SGA or Sexton at 16 than Lonzo, and one might make it there. 

Also I don't think the Spurs would do that.

Lakers.  

As for the Suns' part, there's recent precedent for the Lakers getting value back by attaching a young guard with a bad contract.  Last offseason, the Lakers traded D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov for Brook Lopez and the pick that became Kyle Kuzma.  I'm not sure this deal is a whole lot different from the Suns' perspective.  Tyson Chandler is probably less valuable than Brook Lopez given his age, but the Lakers are getting a better pick in return.  It's going to be more than the 31st pick IMO, Suns have to actually send some real value in return.  Perhaps 31 and one of their future 1sts (either via Milwaukee or Miami)?  I think hoping Collin Sexton is available at 16 is wishful thinking at this point.  Cleveland seems like a real bet to grab him if they don't deal their pick first.  Still think he goes in that 7-11 range.  As for SGA, he's a wild card but I'd bet good money he goes in that 11-14 range.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't see any way that San Antonio even considers a deal that doesn't contain Ingram + one other significant piece.

I don't see any way the Lakers do a Kawhi deal without a clear path to unload Luol Deng.  And as I've said, I don't think the Lakers can justify trading Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, AND Kyle Kuzma in the same deal, especially if Boston isn't willing to deal either Tatum or Brown and the Sixers aren't pressured to offer their "F it" package.  I think there's more pressure on San Antonio to find a package for Kawhi than there is for the Lakers to dump all their assets to land Kawhi.  I think the Lakers are perfectly content going into 2018 with a Lonzo/PG13/Ingram/LeBron/Randle lineup if they can find a way to use Kyle Kuzma, 25th pick, and future pick(s) to drop Luol Deng.  Hell, even if they can't unload Deng sign Nerlens Noel to a the room exception, and that's still a really good lineup.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don't see any way the Lakers do a Kawhi deal without a clear path to unload Luol Deng.  And as I've said, I don't think the Lakers can justify trading Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, AND Kyle Kuzma in the same deal, especially if Boston isn't willing to deal either Tatum or Brown and the Sixers aren't pressured to offer their "F it" package.  I think there's more pressure on San Antonio to find a package for Kawhi than there is for the Lakers to dump all their assets to land Kawhi.  I think the Lakers are perfectly content going into 2018 with a Lonzo/PG13/Ingram/LeBron/Randle lineup if they can find a way to use Kyle Kuzma, 25th pick, and future pick(s) to drop Luol Deng.  Hell, even if they can't unload Deng sign Nerlens Noel to a the room exception, and that's still a really good lineup.

I don't see the Spurs wanting anything to do with Lonzo due to his clown, er.... I mean father.

I think the Spurs should hold out for Ingram AND Kuzma + bits and pieces. They'll have to offer more if they want to unload Deng.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure why Kuzma isn't a "SA guy".  The problem is the Lakers aren't dealing Ingram, Kuzma, AND Ball in the same deal IMO.  They'll do two of the three, but not all three of them. IF the Spurs aren't willing to take on Deng, that's going to dilute the package in return for them.  The Spurs don't really have any leverage to demand all 3 of the Lakers' significant assets AND refuse to take on Luol Deng's contract.  And for the Lakers, they're probably content with sticking with LBJ/PG13 and keeping their 3 notable assets than essentially shedding the roster down to LBJ/PG13/Kawhi.  I think the Lakers are going to try and keep one of Ball or Ingram, my gut says Ingram.  Unless Boston comes in offering Jaylen Brown or the Sixers say screw it and offer their Fultz/10/Saric package, it feels an awful lot like the Lakers are bidding against themselves here.  The future 1sts would come from the Lakers.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but they traditionally aren't about guys that want the spotlight. Them not being interested in Lonzo doesn't have to be explained. And I didn't say trade all three. I said they would probably want Ingram. Who is definitely the best asset as well. 

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't see the Spurs wanting anything to do with Lonzo due to his clown, er.... I mean father.

I think the Spurs should hold out for Ingram AND Kuzma + bits and pieces. They'll have to offer more if they want to unload Deng.

I mean, I get that the Spurs don't want Lonzo Ball and what his father entails.  But they're not really in a position to make strong demands given that their franchise player just asked to be traded.  I think some people are expecting this Godfather offer for Kawhi, but the Spurs' leverage completely went out the window when he demanded a trade.  It's not quite PG13 shot, but it's pretty damn close.  Kawhi doesn't want to be in San Antonio and recent reports has that he's willing to turn down the supermax deal to leave.  If you're San Antonio, are you going to risk him leaving for nothing or do you deal him for the best possible pieces?  I just don't see a team whose willing to even come close to an Ingram/Kuzma package.  As I've said, Boston isn't dealing Jayson Tatum and I don't think they'll deal Jaylen Brown either.  What exactly is their package?  They can dangle the Kings' and Grizz' picks and then fill in the rest with fillers, but Ingram is more valuable than those picks IMO.  As for the Sixers, are they going to give up what they've built since Hinkie on the hopes they can re-sign Kawhi?  I don't think so.  I'm skeptical they'd deal Markelle Fultz, and quite frankly I'm not sure they'd deal the 10th pick to them.  IF the Sixers aren't willing to deal them, what's their package look like?  Probably looks something like Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and some combination of future picks.  That's not a very good package, especially in comparison to Ingram/Kuzma.

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I'm sure it wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but they traditionally aren't about guys that want the spotlight. Them not being interested in Lonzo doesn't have to be explained. And I didn't say trade all three. I said they would probably want Ingram. Who is definitely the best asset as well. 

Other than his "diss" at Lonzo, what exactly about Kuzma says spotlight?  I understand they want Ingram, but I think he's the closest thing to untouchable and I think the only way they'd deal Ingram is if it meant they kept Lonzo Ball.  If you want Ingram, Luol Deng has to be part of the deal in some fashion that doesn't include Lonzo Ball going out IMO.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Other than his "diss" at Lonzo, what exactly about Kuzma says spotlight?  I understand they want Ingram, but I think he's the closest thing to untouchable and I think the only way they'd deal Ingram is if it meant they kept Lonzo Ball.  If you want Ingram, Luol Deng has to be part of the deal in some fashion that doesn't include Lonzo Ball going out IMO.

His twitter and personality? I love it, I think the dude is hilarious although those guys are definitely dorks.

And yeah I'd agree with you about Ingram. 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think the Sixers could offer as much as 

>Fultz
>Covington
>Dario
>#10 
>>Perhaps a future asset.

Ideal for Sixers would be just Fultz, Covington and 10.

I think Philly could follow that up by moving Bayless + #26 to make room for PG as well or send some offers to RFA.

Lebron just needs to do his duty to so many NBA vets and get them all a ring. He can sign a 1 year vet min deal with the rockets. Bring on Vince Carter, Joe Johnson on vet minimum deals. Get Melo to opt out of his deal and take a vet min contract. make a trade for Dwight Howard. All with the Rockets. it can be a win a ring for the boys team. 

CP3/Harden/Lebron/Melo/Capela
Carter/Johnson/Gordon/Howard

add in zack Randolph and nene. It can get a whole lot of people that 1 ring they need before riding off into the sunset

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebron just needs to do his duty to so many NBA vets and get them all a ring. He can sign a 1 year vet min deal with the rockets. Bring on Vince Carter, Joe Johnson on vet minimum deals. Get Melo to opt out of his deal and take a vet min contract. make a trade for Dwight Howard. All with the Rockets. it can be a win a ring for the boys team. 

CP3/Harden/Lebron/Melo/Capela
Carter/Johnson/Gordon/Howard

add in zack Randolph and nene. It can get a whole lot of people that 1 ring they need before riding off into the sunset

Apparently, LeBron doesn't want to go to stank arse Houston. :P

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

@CWood21, why do you keep asserting that Boston wont trade Jayson or Jaylen? Do you know something I dont? I mean, I doubt they trade BOTH but trading Jaylen seems reasonable to me. 

I think we can all agree that Boston isn't trading Jayson Tatum for obvious reasons.  Given the rookie season he had and his contract status combined with the fact that they don't readily have a replacement ready for him, means Boston isn't trading him in all likelihood.  Right now, as constructed Boston is a title contender.  Not the favorite, but a title contender.  Are you willing to risk your place in the pecking order on the hopes you can re-sign Kawhi Leonard?  That's completely against what Danny Ainge has done the last few years.  He's done as good a job as any in recent NBA history of collecting assets.  I mean, he swindled Philadelphia out of the Kings' FRP and still took the guy he was going to take first overall.  The only way that they deal Jaylen Brown is if he feels that they're upgrading so it's a risk worth taking.  But it's beyond just Jaylen Brown.  The Spurs probably want at least one (if not two) of their future FRPs.  That's a hefty price to pay for a guy whose reportedly going to sign with a Los Angeles team in 2019.  The most valuable asset the C's traded to upgrade Isaiah Thomas into Kyrie Irving was the Nets' 18 FRP, and that was a total unknown.  So you're telling me that you believe that Ainge is going to give up the Grizz/Kings' FPR to upgrade Jaylen Brown to Kawhi Leonard?  I seriously doubt Ainge has any interest in moving Tatum or Brown.

Archived