LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

13 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

So, I'm sure this was discussed earlier, but I'm surprised PG is going to stay in OKC and give up the much higher chance of winning a ring playing with Lebron and possibly Kawhi (either this year or next year) in LA.

He’s not staying in OKC. He just doesn’t have the balls yet to tell russ hes leaving. He’s gone. 

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

LeBron to the Lakers would just be weird. Don't see what's in it for him from a basketball perspective. 

It's exponentially more appealing than Cleveland.  And then there's all the stuff off the court.

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s not staying in OKC. He just doesn’t have the balls yet to tell russ hes leaving. He’s gone. 

I wish I shared your optimism.  I'm skeptical.  LeBron I know is coming, Paul George I'm still skeptical.

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

LeBron to the Lakers would just be weird. Don't see what's in it for him from a basketball perspective. 

They have lots of young talent and they have a ton of flexibility in terms of making trades or just signing another superstar player in the future.  Outside of basketball, I'm just assuming that his wife and kids would rather live in Los Angeles full time than Ohio.  Maybe being close to other business ventures as well for LeBron. 

So it looks like LA-Bron is gonna happen. It’ll be good for the NBA, and if he were to somehow get out of the West this year, assuming the Lakers make another move or two that would be big for his legacy.

I know he doesn’t owe Cleveland anything but knowing what’s going to happen to local businesses sucks.

Just now, showtime said:

How shocked would you be if LeBron did not sign with the Lakers?  

Pretty shocked.  Everything at this point has pointed towards LeBron heading to the Lakers.  Add on the report of his refusal to give direction to the Cavs' office, and if he were planning on returning you'd think he would have given his input. 

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

They have lots of young talent and they have a ton of flexibility in terms of making trades or just signing another superstar player in the future.  Outside of basketball, I'm just assuming that his wife and kids would rather live in Los Angeles full time than Ohio.  Maybe being close to other business ventures as well for LeBron. 

Aside from the fact that LeBron is from the area, there's really nothing that ties LeBron to the Cavs.  And the well known feud between he and Dan Gilbert doesn't make things any better.

I'm not going to jump on the LeBron is for sure going to Los Angeles until someone like Wjo or LeBron himself says it.  It's just weird to me how everyone has it as a lock even though there is not actual word from LeBron's camp it's going to happen.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm not going to jump on the LeBron is for sure going to Los Angeles until someone like Wjo or LeBron himself says it.  It's just weird to me how everyone has it as a lock even though there is not actual word from LeBron's camp it's going to happen.

I'm not expecting everyone to jump on it.  But there's enough smoke to indicate that he's leaning towards the Lakers.  I'm still not convinced he needs someone to come with him.

Archived