Help Coming..?

Anyone have any ideas of guys at any position but especially ILB  who may get released and can be signed to help the team?

Obviously I know that not every year a Joe Haden is available. But who may become available that would intrigue us? Who do you want to see? What positions?

Navorro Bowman is still available, but I have to think there is a reason for that that us fans may not be aware of.

I dont know that there will be anyone released that would be a notable upgrade over what we currently have.   Kendricks was our best chance of that.     I also think our moronic front office foolishly believes that Bostic and Williams are suffice.     After all, they gave Bud Dupree his 5th year option even though he sucks, and they used Keion Adams as a reason to justify not drafting OLB in the draft.

I have no faith in this teams ability to build a defense under Colbert/Tomlin anymore.   They are utterly clueless.     Their new philosophy seems to the same approach Al Davis' was once senility set in.      At least Al had an excuse....

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Navorro Bowman is still available, but I have to think there is a reason for that that us fans may not be aware of.

I dont know that there will be anyone released that would be a notable upgrade over what we currently have.   Kendricks was our best chance of that.     I also think our moronic front office foolishly believes that Bostic and Williams are suffice.     After all, they gave Bud Dupree his 5th year option even though he sucks, and they used Keion Adams as a reason to justify not drafting OLB in the draft.

I have no faith in this teams ability to build a defense under Colbert/Tomlin anymore.   They are utterly clueless.     Their new philosophy seems to the same approach Al Davis' was once senility set in.      At least Al had an excuse....

These are depressingly accurate statements. 

19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I don't like how the D has been handled and have no idea what scheme they plan to run. My impressions are that they want to get value out of the dupree wasted RD1  pick, whatever that means we will find out. He is terrible and if they try  him at 4-3 LB, it will  be a mistake. I think they have the talent to be decent, but the scheme is wrong for the players on this roster. If they move Heyward to LDE, then all we need is 1 other player to step up at RDE for solid edge pressure and Watt will do that.  Dupree @RD1 is a thorn in the schemes side IMO.

Bowman would be great but as you mention, there could be reasons we don't know about. Some have said he wants to play out west, but wait and see. 

If I were you guys, I'd pull an uncharacteristic Steeler move and trade for a stud if I could. Even it meant departing with a high draft pick. I think Steeler fans would agree that the championship window remains very much open right now, but will likely slam shut in the next 2-3 years. If I'm Pittsburgh, I make a hard push for one of the league's best ILB's in an attempt to get back to the Super Bowl. LB is really the only glaring weakness on your roster aside from safety (which you theoretically patched up with Burnett & Edmunds).

I'm shocked you guys didn't address that spot in the draft, but then again you guys don't like to play rookies and the current group of ILB's would lead me to believe a rookie would be starting for you guys.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If I were you guys, I'd pull an uncharacteristic Steeler move and trade for a stud if I could. Even it meant departing with a high draft pick. I think Steeler fans would agree that the championship window remains very much open right now, but will likely slam shut in the next 2-3 years. If I'm Pittsburgh, I make a hard push for one of the league's best ILB's in an attempt to get back to the Super Bowl. LB is really the only glaring weakness on your roster aside from safety (which you theoretically patched up with Burnett & Edmunds).

I'm shocked you guys didn't address that spot in the draft, but then again you guys don't like to play rookies and the current group of ILB's would lead me to believe a rookie would be starting for you guys.

Who might be available? I don’t think it’s likely we trade for an ILB but I’m just curious. Maybe a late rounder for Sean Lee or a higher pick for KJ Wright?

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Loving all the media talk about how great the Browns are suddenly going to be lol

they've made a lot of savvy moves and i think the sasha regime is finally bearing fruit

we still have the division locked up mind you

5 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

they've made a lot of savvy moves and i think the sasha regime is finally bearing fruit

we still have the division locked up mind you

I'll believe it when it happens. Because theyve looked good before on paper only to completely collapse.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:15 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

Who might be available? I don’t think it’s likely we trade for an ILB but I’m just curious. Maybe a late rounder for Sean Lee or a higher pick for KJ Wright?

I'd call the Panthers and offer the world for Luke Kuechly. I dunno if they'd trade him for a bevy of picks, but if they could land one more elite linebacker, they'd be a favorite to come out of the AFC.

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd call the Panthers and offer the world for Luke Kuechly. I dunno if they'd trade him for a bevy of picks, but if they could land one more elite linebacker, they'd be a favorite to come out of the AFC.

While I don't mind the idea of trading picks for a stud ILB, I wouldn't trade much for a player that is one concussion away from being a vegetable. 

On 7/8/2018 at 7:29 PM, wwhickok said:

Loving all the media talk about how great the Browns are suddenly going to be lol

Did you carefully look at the YEAR of the date of any of these articles in the media you are reading? I ask because it's been the same story for what, going on 6..7 years now?  You might be reading an article from 2013, or 2015...who knows, they are all the same, only the draft selection names have changed each year...

This year, it's Mayfield, Ward, and Chubb 

2017, it was Garrett, Peppers, Njoku and Kizer...

2016, it was Coleman and Ogbah, and to a lesser extent, sneaky-good Kessler...

2015, it was Danny Shelton and Erving, and the ingenuous move to select Ifo Ekpo-Olumo (or however you spell his name), in the 7th...

2014, it was Justin Gilbert and Manziel

Add those 5 years up, and you have 51 players...practically a football team...

But continuing on...

2013, it was Mingo...

2012, it was Richardson, Weeden...and lest we forget, Josh Gordon...

Face it...it's been since 2010 since the Browns ACTUALLY had a fruitful draft, with Haden (who's with us now :D) and TJ Ward, who is ALSO no longer on their team.

Yet since this time, the Browns have drafted FIVE 'Franchise' QBs...who knows...maybe this year, they got it right, but since they always seem to outsmart themselves, and likely just should have taken the more 'sure-bet' QB in Darnold, I'm not holding my breath that Mayfield will end up being any different from the previous 4.... 

Archived