TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Just now, mountainpd said:

Tannehill’s value just went up. Strange move

I honestly have no idea why the Broncos didn't give that same offer to the Dolphins. The cap hit is basically the same, and I think Tannehill is probably the better quarterback at this point. There are only two reasons I can think of. One, Tannehill's health. No doubt that's a concern for any team acquiring him and I get that to a point, but man, the upside for Tannehill has to be considered so much better, right?  And two, he's only 6'4", which isn't tall enough for Elway. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

I honestly have no idea why the Broncos didn't give that same offer to the Dolphins. The cap hit is basically the same, and I think Tannehill is probably the better quarterback at this point. There are only two reasons I can think of. One, Tannehill's health. No doubt that's a concern for any team acquiring him and I get that to a point, but man, the upside for Tannehill has to be considered so much better, right?  And two, he's only 6'4", which isn't tall enough for Elway. 

Flacco has the ring but looked like age has caught up with him.

Flacco has been coached by Kubiak who is Elway's friend and who Elway wanted to be OC before Fangio shot it down. I think the idea of Flacco as a Bronco for Elway probably began when Kubiak was going to be his offense and he just went with it even after losing Kubiak.

I'd also guess that double overtime playoff game shootout between Manning's Broncos and Flacco's Raven has stayed with him.

16 hours ago, Forge said:

My Guess, Money.

Flacco cost 18.5M for Denver in 2019 (along with a 20.25M cap hit in 2020 and 24.5M in 2021) all with 0 deadmoney.....Tannehill would cost 24.3M in 2019 and 25M in 2020....all with 0 deadmoney.

We could also say that Flacco probably fits better the scheme Rich Scangarello will run and the scheme they want a rookie to fit in (not necessary a rookie from the 2019 class).....but that's is just speculation since I don't have any clue how is Scang's scheme.

My inner illogical fan that wants to win every year hate this trade with all my guts. My inner analyst understand the trade although wouldn't do it.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I haven't really even  started thinking of trades yet. I gotta get my cap life squared away. Eagles cap space is so bizarre this year with the  whole Nick Foles roster situation.

It doesn't help that your main trade chip is Wendall Smallwood :P

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

When you open your team workbook it says "make a copy because the file is in it's owners trash and you will soon lose ability to access the file", right? Like I clicked make a copy, but that is normal correct?

@Trojan  I think mike might be needing to redo some stuff with the team workbooks, so you may be getting a new one.  

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

When you open your team workbook it says "make a copy because the file is in it's owners trash and you will soon lose ability to access the file", right? Like I clicked make a copy, but that is normal correct?

Mike is correcting some stuffs, we will have new workbooks

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

You are going to win the lottery?

Howie structures his contract so well, there are  a lot contracts that the Eagles can really move around, restructure, extension and cut with very little dead cap that can open up a ton of space pretty easily.

Archived