Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Great story but the kid is lazy. So, you coast while you're under contract and then when it's time to get paid you "grind"? That drives me crazy. With his size he should dominate. He does not have that killer instinct. He is waaaay to laid back. That's who he is and that's Ok. That's how he's built. But I would never sign him to a multiple year deal because I know exactly what's going to happen.  

I didn't read the story. If the players need contract years to play good, let them go. They should play good or have effort from the start. 

16 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I'm shocked nobody has complained about Berry. 31st ranked Punter last year and looked terrible last night. Punters aren't my thing so I don't know what's out there but surely there's someone better. Right?

it's because the D looked much worse :ph34r:

I'll prolly get slammed for this but whatever, the Bungles have drafted a lot of talent on Defense. I'm kinda of envious. They are stout up the middle with Atkins and Billings. They have screamers off the Edge in Lawson, M. Johnson, Dunlap, Hubbard and Willis, physical CBs like Jackson (Dennard and Kirpatrick are questionable but the formula was right) and a Centerfielder like Bates.  Now so far these pieces haven't come together and created a top Defense but they are uber talented. I think they sneak up into the top 10 this year. If any Bungle is reading this....my laptop was stolen. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I'll prolly get slammed for this but whatever, the Bungles have drafted a lot of talent on Defense. I'm kinda of envious. They are stout up the middle with Atkins and Billings. They have screamers off the Edge in Lawson, M. Johnson, Dunlap, Hubbard and Willis, physical CBs like Jackson (Dennard and Kirpatrick are questionable but the formula was right) and a Centerfielder like Bates.  Now so far these pieces haven't come together and created a top Defense but they are uber talented. I think they sneak up into the top 10 this year. If any Bungle is reading this....my laptop was stolen. 

Their offense can’t be as bad as it was last year. I’m sure they’ll have living bodies playing O-line this year. They will compete for the playoffs. The Ratbirds have a very solid defense as well. The North isn’t going to be a cakewalk this year.

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Their offense can’t be as bad as it was last year. I’m sure they’ll have living bodies playing O-line this year. They will compete for the playoffs. The Ratbirds have a very solid defense as well. The North isn’t going to be a cakewalk this year.

neither is our schedule.  The parody in the league is where injuries could be that much more important .  It will be making rivalries once again, better games to watch despite the outcomes.  Cakewalks never help IMO, it's better to have a tough division and win it honestly.  Of course if we get into the post season and play like we did vs the jags, then it's just a waste anyways. 

On 2018-08-20 at 5:51 PM, wwhickok said:

John Simon was their best LB last season. But even so, there defense has sucked.

who was our starting / best safety last year? Get the drift?

We should sign Bowman and just move on. What is he asking for a deal? Maybe the price is out of reach, but we need help from what I have seen. The middle of our D is a weakness, ILB and safety,  someone help us asap. :S

I definitely get the drift and I'm not saying that John Simon is the best option I'm not saying that at all actually that's actually why I was posing the question rather than making a statement I do feel baddest team is going to sign for clean a linebacker a linebacker whether its outside or inside to improve our depth. It would not shock me at all if it is a path Coverage type linebacker that is brought here to spell Bostic on passing downs. I am completely confident that Bostic is going to improve our run D, but have no faith in him to cover.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I will say this turning on What Becomes of Terrell Edmunds, Bud Dupree, and Artie Burns, we may need to look for a GM capable of building a defense and a DC capable of coordinating one.

You can't hand pick those 3 (2 of which I think need more time to be properly judged) and leave off Heyward, Tuitt, Watt (whom himself needs more time to be judged) and Shazier. Colbert has done as well as any other GM imo. Good not great. 

18 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Roethlisberger said that they plan to run the no-huddle more than ever this season.

offense need to embrace its rep as a offensive juggernaut

bring the heat all the time.. not just late in the season night games at Heinz but also your early Sunday road games

Archived