Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So what are the odds Conklin is ready for week 1?

I’ll go with -2 lmao. Hasn’t practiced with the team at all. He’s done some side work with the pushing weights but idk if I’ve heard he’s actually done football drills(might be wrong there). I don’t think he’s too far away which is why I think he eventually gets removed from PUP because I think he’ll be ready before Week 6.  Hell it could be until Week 4 until he plays. I’ll say he’ll be on the active 53 but not suited up the first few weeks.

It's important we don't rush Conklin back as well. He does not need to take another snap until his knee/leg is at 100% strength. If he goes out there before it's fully healed and tears it again we're not only losing him for the season but could be jeopardizing his career.

Having Conklin for 12 games(or whatever) and the rest of his career >>> getting him back early with a possible increased risk of injuring it again.

Any underdogs you guys are especially hoping to see make the initial roster? Given our small draft class seems like we have a lot more of those than usual - TE Firkser, RB Wadley, handful of WR's including Burnett, OLB Finch and ILB Spillane. Think they all have a good shot, though Firkser doesn't strike me as more than PS for the time being. Would be a bummer to lose him but given injuries elsewhere that may be the route they have to take.

Hoping Spillane replaces Bates though. Seems like a higher ceiling at LB, and probably like for like on ST's. Wouldn't be surprised to see Williams start out on IR with the option to come off later, giving Burnett a shot to audition this first part of the season (think he could catch on somewhere if cut). Wadley hasn't shown a ton but think he may make the 53 to start, could be cut before week 1 and go PS. Think Finch should be a lock based on his play.

I could see a few forum favorites being cut... Finch now that Correa is on the team... Burnett, unless Williams starts on the PUP...Warmsley (that'd be my favorite "long shot")...

I think Wadley will make it... but it's going to be funny how upset some may get if he doesn't make it as the 4th RB... ... ... as the 4th RB... ... ... same with Finch, since he's essentially the 6th OLB (unless Morgan or Landry start the season on the PUP... which is unlikely I think)

I think we'll be on the lookout for a 5th CB... I honestly don't know we have that guy on the roster. 

They may also look at an upgrade at WR... but it seems the team is satisfied with Sharpe as the 4... and I really like Jennings and Williams as 5/6 guys.  I think Williams has a role as the backup slot... but I can see why Burnett's upside may be more appealing.

Most other positions look pretty set... QB, OL, DL, LB, S... think we have a pretty good idea who's making it... maybe small question as to the numbers (personally I see 5 per position there, with one going 6... so 6 DL, 5 OLB, 5 ILB, 5 CB, 5 S, with one of the S being a CB/S hybrid type of guy (Cruikshank?)

Look for those guys to get PS spots... Wadley if they decide to keep only 3 RBs and that other kid that was competing with him... Burnett, Jennings, Finch, Firkster (we may actually go 4 TEs at the expense of RB/WR if we are expecting to go with a 12 personnel "base"

36 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I could see a few forum favorites being cut... Finch now that Correa is on the team... Burnett, unless Williams starts on the PUP...Warmsley (that'd be my favorite "long shot")...

I think Wadley will make it... but it's going to be funny how upset some may get if he doesn't make it as the 4th RB... ... ... as the 4th RB... ... ... same with Finch, since he's essentially the 6th OLB (unless Morgan or Landry start the season on the PUP... which is unlikely I think)

I think we'll be on the lookout for a 5th CB... I honestly don't know we have that guy on the roster. 

They may also look at an upgrade at WR... but it seems the team is satisfied with Sharpe as the 4... and I really like Jennings and Williams as 5/6 guys.  I think Williams has a role as the backup slot... but I can see why Burnett's upside may be more appealing.

Most other positions look pretty set... QB, OL, DL, LB, S... think we have a pretty good idea who's making it... maybe small question as to the numbers (personally I see 5 per position there, with one going 6... so 6 DL, 5 OLB, 5 ILB, 5 CB, 5 S, with one of the S being a CB/S hybrid type of guy (Cruikshank?)

Look for those guys to get PS spots... Wadley if they decide to keep only 3 RBs and that other kid that was competing with him... Burnett, Jennings, Finch, Firkster (we may actually go 4 TEs at the expense of RB/WR if we are expecting to go with a 12 personnel "base"

I hope Warmsley makes it. I’m not sold on many guys on the D-Line as far as depth. I’m not a Big King fan but the Titans traded for him last year so he probably stays but I hope Warmsley makes it 

54 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I think we will be active on the waiver wire. We need better depth on the OL and DL.

Gonna be tough to find much there. Anyone worthwhile we'd have to hope 20-something other teams pass on a guy we'd want. 

Archived