2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

9 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m on my phone, so I can’t post it in the right format, but did anyone see this tweet?

From Kennedy Paynter:

“Norman a step late on the pick with players later saying ‘It ain’t Kirk throwin the ball no more JNo! He gone!’ Kirk bashing a theme here on the players’ sideline at #Redskins training camp.”

Can’t you copy the tweet and then post the link? I do it all the time from my phone. It’s easy. Unless you have a flip phone, you should be able to do it.

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I heard WR Robert Davis has looked good. They were talking about him on the radio today.

Great. He has all the tools, just needed some time developing. Perhaps he and Quinn do make the team over guys like Quick and Harris. Or, Harris makes it as a 6th wr but the other two play more because of special teams.

I mean Davis is 6’3 about 220 pounds. Who knows, he could develop into a Pierre Garçon type wr with that size, he’s big a strong for a WR.

Of course, even though Davis is two inches taller and 5 to 10 pounds heavier than Garçon, Davis is faster by .5 in the 40. He just has to get that route running down like Garçon has.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Great. He has all the tools, just needed some time developing. Perhaps he and Quinn do make the team over guys like Quick and Harris. Or, Harris makes it as a 6th wr but the other two play more because of special teams.

I mean Davis is 6’3 about 220 pounds. Who knows, he could develop into a Pierre Garçon type wr with that size, he’s big a strong for a WR.

Of course, even though Davis is two inches taller and 5 to 10 pounds heavier than Garçon, Davis is faster by .5 in the 40. He just has to get that route running down like Garçon has.

They also said Harris has the best hands on the team.  

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Can’t you copy the tweet and then post the link? I do it all the time from my phone. It’s easy. Unless you have a flip phone, you should be able to do it.

Whenever I'm on my phone (iPhone) and click a tweet on the internet, it takes me directly to the Twitter app, and I don't have an option to copy the tweet in the list of options I see.  I'll have to look into it more.

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Whenever I'm on my phone (iPhone) and click a tweet on the internet, it takes me directly to Twitter, and I don't have an option to copy the tweet in the list of options I see.  I'll have to look into it more.

Yes, I know what you’re saying. What I do is I just go search for that same tweet in the twitter app.

Twitter changed where you go to copy the tweet then they updated it a few months or a year ago.

What you do is go to the lower emblem bar where they have that you can comment or retweet. 

The very last emblem on the right is a [ emblem but laying down flat and an arrow pointing up. Click on that emblem and then select “Share Tweet via” and then you can “copy link” and post it in here or in a text/email/blog, whatever.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I know what you’re saying. What I do is I just go search for that same tweet in the twitter app.

Twitter changed where you go to copy the tweet then they updated it a few months or a year ago.

What you do is go to the lower emblem bar where they have that you can comment or retweet. 

The very last emblem on the right is a [ emblem but laying down flat and an arrow pointing up. Click on that emblem and then select “Share Tweet via” and then you can “copy link” and post it in here or in a text/email/blog, whatever.

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Settle got some too?

Yes, he did.

The Redskins like to rotate in their defensive linemen, but fifth-rounder Tim Settle was working with the first team. Lined up next to Jonathan Allen

Something else maybe of interest, when figuring out who makes it as depth on the 53 later.

Matthew Paras @Matthew_Paras
FollowFollow @Matthew_Paras
More

Interesting. In the first team rep, Byron Marshall was lined up in the backfield. Gruden said earlier how important it was to have someone else on the roster with Thompson’s skill set, in case Thompson gets hurt again

7:38 AM - 27 Jul 2018 from Richmond, VA

Scandrick and Norman the starting CB’s in base. Harvey-Clemons is next to Foster at ILB with Brown limited.

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Settle got some too?

I’m very intrigued by Settle. The reason he fell in the draft could be just a run stuffer who doesn’t offer much pass rush ability kind of like what’s happened to other 320 plus guys over the last few drafts; Elijah Qualls comes to mind from the 2017 draft.

Settle could end up being a steal for us if he can be that NT who is hard I move at the point of attack, even if he’s not a 3 down player or never plays in our nickel D which we play 70% plus of the time.

Archived