2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I was listening to Gruden's morning press conference on the way to work, it was interesting to hear him list some of the position groups and what order the players names came out of his mouth:

WRs: he said Docston, Richardson, Jamison, Robert Davis, Quinn, Harris, then Brian Quick.  

DL: he said Payne, Allen, Matt (Ioannidis), and then Ziggy Hood.  Didn't mention anyone else.

HBs: Thompson, Guice, Byron Marshall, Perine, Kelley

Now this may mean nothing but you gotta think he's been thinking over the final 53 and the first names coming to mind have got to be some of the ones he's been thinking about keeping.

I think it’s definitely something. Those guys he mentioned first are in the front of his mind and have flashed to him. 

A lot of the beat reporters have been mentioning that Marshall, Davis, Harris and Quinn have all looked good. As long as those guys continue to perform well and make some plays in the preseason games they have a good shot of making it.

As for Hood; Gruden and Manusky/Tomsula love his leadership and versatility to play every spot of the DL. Hood has taken over the DL leadership roles once held by Cofield and Golston. Hood seems to be the new Golston for the DL group but he’s a little bit of a better player. I’m still a Taylor over Hood guy but if Hood is the leader of the group, he probably gets the nod as the veteran leader of an otherwise very young position group.

Michael Phillips in the Richmond paper mentioned Paul Richardson as being UNDERwhelming. Doesn't have game changing speed like D J and is dropping too many passes. Shawn Lauvao goes 100% every rep in pracrtice . Mo Harris going to be hard to cut . Adonis Alexander-probaly practice squad.

Wierd thing to me is people I follow on twitter or read practice recaps from,almost everyday has had what a great catch by Richardson,or another diving catch for Richardson.Maybe his expectations of Richardson is to be Prime Djax,which he isn't,and Expectations are influnceing Precpation

1 minute ago, ovfd55 said:

Wierd thing to me is people I follow on twitter or read practice recaps from,almost everyday has had what a great catch by Richardson,or another diving catch for Richardson.Maybe his expectations of Richardson is to be Prime Djax,which he isn't,and Expectations are influnceing Precpation

I think Richardson will be more of a role player than a #1 option.  We really need Jordan Reed to be our #1 option, because we don't have one in the WR core.  

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Michael Phillips in the Richmond paper mentioned Paul Richardson as being UNDERwhelming. Doesn't have game changing speed like D J and is dropping too many passes. Shawn Lauvao goes 100% every rep in pracrtice . Mo Harris going to be hard to cut . Adonis Alexander-probaly practice squad.

First I heard of that, other beat reporters have said Richardson looks good and has been able to get behind the defense and clear out some space for underneath routes.

Now, if anyone is expecting him to be be Djax of course they’ll be disappointed. Djax is a once in a generation type talent, meaning there’s not one WR in the last decade that has been able to do the things he’s done in the way he does them during his career.

PRich is a poor man’s Djax. He’s not quite as fast - but a little bigger - and has some of the same skill set. As Charley Casserly, John Keim and Rich Tandler have said, they expect Richardson to be what he was last year. He’ll get downfield and stretch the defense - we didn’t even have a wr w/ 4.4 speed last year but Pryor - and he’ll catch 40 to 50 balls for 700 to 800 yards and 4 to 6 TDs.

Very nice, @ovfd55.. thanks for posting it. 

Also like the Nicolas signing. He was creating a lot of TC buzz in his 1st season until he got hurt. After that, just disappeared from view and thought since. He may never escape the injury bug, but he's worth a look and carefree chance on him. 35" arms and a 41" vert, IIRC. 

Archived