2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

Preliminary results are that cb Danny Johnson has impressed. I heard he’s in the running for the slot corner job. If that happens then @Woz is right, Scandrick could be out especially bc we have Alexander and Stroman to be the 4 & 5 corners and special teams guys along with Johnson.

I watched something the other day on YouTube where a guy said that the Redskins signed all of his top Undrafted Free Agents like Danny Johnson, Simmie Cobbs and Martez Carter. The guy was shocked they all didn’t get drafted then of course there was Sean Welsh who retired.

Blips I read.

Gruden said Holsey SEVERED his bigtoe. All it said. Completely ? Was it reattached ?  I certainly think his career might be over. Also, Matt the Greek is fighting turf toe. He's at less than full health and speed so far. 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/8/3/17633474/jay-grudens-comments-insight-into-training-camp-and-redskins-roster

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Blips I read.

Gruden said Holsey SEVERED his bigtoe. All it said. Completely ? Was it reattached ?  I certainly think his career might be over. Also, Matt the Greek is fighting turf toe. He's at less than full health and speed so far. 

Ugh Jesus.

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Blips I read.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/8/3/17633474/jay-grudens-comments-insight-into-training-camp-and-redskins-roster

I read that about Ioannidis. Sucks for Holsey, but it’s a freak thing. Table falls on your big toe, he must not have been wearing shoes.

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Blips I read.

Hope he is ok! But have to admit my first thought was

john-winger-stripes.jpg?quality=95&w=650

Training camp has a tremendous amount of competition! Lots of high quality specimens, competition is intense creating lots of Hard Decision points! Luckily, we have a few more weeks to delve deeply to determine strengths and weaknesses!! Selecting the best team is all about performance- so bring it on. 

<This pic is inappropriate for this forum>

Oh how’s Redskins camp going :) 

Jordan Reed said that in an interview today. Smith gets out of the huddle faster, to the line of scrimmage faster, makes decisions & throws faster. Reed said you always have to think he’s going to throw it to you bc a few times a pass was thrown before Reed was out of his break.

Archived