2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

For example, it had Derrius Guice listed as the 4th string RB.

Likely just making the rookie earn his spot.  I find it hard to believe he won't be the starting RB week 1 of the regular season.  

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Another interesting thing on this general topic is that Geron Christian is listed as the backup LT and Nsekhe is only on there as the backup RT. Which is really curious to me, because Nsekhe has in the past been a fine LT but awful at RT. And because every single one of us here knows that if Trent goes down, Nsekhe would 100% get the call at LT before Christian at this point. But it makes me wonder if they haven’t put Nsekhe in there as the backup LT, which he surely will be, because they still haven’t decided what they’re actually going to do with him yet. 

They probably just want to see Christian in action at LT in preseason.  Unless some major injuries occur this year I expect this to be a redshirt season for Christian.  Like you said Nsekhe is probably the first off the bench if TWill goes does.  Now if Moses gets hurt.... Idk I'd maybe through Christian out there.  

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I love to hear the players say this but as you are Turtle to the guys you expect the most out of im a huge Doc guy I pounded the table pre draft for he, Thomas, Joseph and Neal. And I know I miss like everyone who even takes the time to try and evaluate players!!! But it’s put up or shut up for me!! This guy has all pro talent IMO but I’m tired of even hearing about injuries!!! I need to see 18 turn his game around after a rough start to his career like that guy who wore the 8 and 1 and show why this team drafted him. I’m done with the camp talk and camp videos!! I need to see it click for this guy because he has it!!! Go do it. Again I love Doc!!! I want to see why I loved him in but in the Redskins Jersey now!!

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rich Tandler said the two guys who have impressed him most in camp are Maurice Harris and Josh Harvey Clemons.

Sounds promising. Coverage LB and some insurance at WR are on the short list of concerns. 

Seems like the young CBs are not disappointing too... and that Jordan Reed really does seem to have his best chance of a relatively full season in years. 

Now, if we can discover that a LG option is kicking arse.. it can be a tremendous year! 

That’s pretty understandable and one of the reasons I believe they were okay with including Fuller in the Smith trade. Fabian is going to be an exceptional talent at corner and would’ve been a first rounder if not for his injury. I hated dealing Fuller away but the team has done a good job with drafting young corners and allowing them to develop under Gray. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rich Tandler said the two guys who have impressed him most in camp are Maurice Harris and Josh Harvey Clemons.

JHC was a highly rated recruit coming out of high school and he has a world of talent. He does need to continue putting on weight but he has the potential to be at least a pretty good rotational piece at ILB. If Hamilton develops into the defensive signal-caller then you have Clemons potentially being your Brown replacement with his speed and athleticism. 

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s pretty understandable and one of the reasons I believe they were okay with including Fuller in the Smith trade. Fabian is going to be an exceptional talent at corner and would’ve been a first rounder if not for his injury. I hated dealing Fuller away but the team has done a good job with drafting young corners and allowing them to develop under Gray. 

Don’t forget, Fabian is one of the fastest cbs in the draft a few years ago and is one of the fastest corners in the NFL today, Period. He has had to refine his technique and learn the defense since he was drafted but he has the tools to be a starter for sure.

Archived