2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

I’m rarely very concerned with the makeup of the camp roster, especially when it comes to guys with no shot to make the 53 — but how is it that they’ve not signed another RB at this point? Just to be a warm body to hand the ball to in drills and the second half of the next game?

With Carter down and out, they now have Fat Rob and Kapri Bibbs as the only healthy RBs left standing. Even just a Leshun Daniels (who I now see just signed with the Packers) or someone of that ilk seems to be a necessity at this point.

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m rarely very concerned with the makeup of the camp roster, especially when it comes to guys with no shot to make the 53 — but how is it that they’ve not signed another RB at this point? Just to be a warm body to hand the ball to in drills and the second half of the next game?

With Carter down and out, they now have Fat Rob and Kapri Bibbs as the only healthy RBs left standing. Even just a Leshun Daniels (who I now see just signed with the Packers) or someone of that ilk seems to be a necessity at this point.

Yeah, I was against sighing someone until I heard about the Carter injury because Perine will probably be back next week and Marshall will be back by the start of the season or at worst week 2 but, they have to sign someone now.

Preferably, I’d like to sign someone like Orleans Darkwa or someone of that caliber who isn’t just camp fodder and they can compete with Kelley and Perine for the starting job.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I was against sighing someone until I heard about the Carter injury because Perine will probably be back next week and Marshall will be back by the start of the season or at worst week 2 but, they have to sign someone now.

Preferably, I’d like to sign someone like Orleans Darkwa or someone of that caliber who isn’t just camp fodder and they can compete with Kelley and Perine for the starting job.

Orleans Darkwa , yes ! I forgot about him . He's not bad. Bring in him. 

55 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Orleans Darkwa , yes ! I forgot about him . He's not bad. Bring in him. 

HE rushes for 154 yards against the Redskins in week 17 last year, he’s the guy I’d like to have.

Orleans Darkwa Dominates w/ Career High 154 Rushing Yards! | We need to sign this guy after his workout tomorrow!

https://youtu.be/p354dj-fEss via @YouTube

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

HE rushes for 154 yards against the Redskins in week 17 last year, he’s the guy I’d like to have.

Orleans Darkwa Dominates w/ Career High 154 Rushing Yards! | We need to sign this guy after his workout tomorrow!

https://youtu.be/p354dj-fEss via @YouTube

Yeah, I've been against signing someone too. But at this point, we pretty much have to

Has anyone seen any mention of T J Clemmings? I thought he was pretty useless before we picked him up last year but he played a coupla decent games at left tackle before going on I R with an ankle issue . Is he practicing?

Any chance of making the 53 ? I just haven't seen ( or noticed ) him in the first two preseason games and I haven't really seen any mention of him .

29 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Has anyone seen any mention of T J Clemmings? I thought he was pretty useless before we picked him up last year but he played a coupla decent games at left tackle before going on I R with an ankle issue . Is he practicing?

Any chance of making the 53 ? I just haven't seen ( or noticed ) him in the first two preseason games and I haven't really seen any mention of him .

I haven’t noticed him either or really seems anything written about him. His season ended last year because of an ankle injury and during mini-camp he was still rehabbing and recovering from that injury but I haven’t seen anything lately about him at all or noticed him in the preseason games.

Archived