Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

I think it's to check out versatility and find ways to get him on the field quicker. In nickel and dime sets, it makes sense to get the best 5 or 6 DBs on the field, regardless of who they are. So the versatility helps out. On paper, Colbert, Tartt, Witherspoon, Sherman, and Williams are a promising young unit. So - you can move young guys around to see what they can do. It was like last year when many argued against moving Colbert to FS, arguing he was a cornerback. Sometimes guys spark at a position and you just run with it. 

I don't remember ppl being against moving Colbert to safety....at least I don't recall any. Most draft pundits had him listed as a DB who could play either or. And he did play safety for 2 years in college so I don't understand why that would be a issue for some. I personally viewed him as a safety watching his tape. 

I guess my thing with Reed is he isn't built like a safety, physically. He's built like a nickelback. I'd be concerned about him coming downhill and making tackles in tbe run game, as a safety. But in nickel situations I could see the appeal.

Well, they just showed the DL vs OL today.

Solomon Thomas pretty much had his way against any guard trying to block him.

Buckner and Tomlinson split their reps.

Thought Cooper looked like the best guard on his reps against Taylor.

Eli Harold is a bonafide scrub (Stephen A Smith voice).

Marsh got no where against Staley. Not exactly a surprise.

Mitchell destroyed Person in one of his reps. Didn't see Richburg there. Rest day for him?

Day looked pretty beastly himself. 

Still prefer the WR vs CB 1 on 1s over these though. Just because Cohn will record these drills anyways.

22 minutes ago, John232 said:

Those Buckner reps on the outside were really, really nice too. 

I mentioned yesterday that getting Buckner some outside rushes will allow Armstead/Day to get more interior rushes. Plus for the team.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, they just showed the DL vs OL today.

Solomon Thomas pretty much had his way against any guard trying to block him.

Thought Cooper looked like the best guard on his reps against Taylor.

Eli Harold is a bonafide scrub (Stephen A Smith voice).

Marsh got no where against Staley. Not exactly a surprise.

Mitchell destroyed Person in one of his reps. Didn't see Richburg there. Rest day for him?

Day looked pretty beastly himself. 

Still prefer the WR vs CB 1 on 1s over these though. Just because Cohn will record these drills anyways.

I try to avoid that at all cost. That guy is a dimwit.

Yes, reports were that he was out there in a shirt and ball cap. 

I think this is a great thing for Tomlinson, tbh. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not going to make a big deal out of 2 reps in one on one's in TC, but a couple of things I thought:

McG is slow out of his stance and into his backpedal in pass protection. Could obviously be sneezy being fast / athletic (which he is), but you can see where McG may really struggle with speed rushers on the outside. 

I know he was going up against a 7th round rookie, but I like Coopers foot work. Surprisingly sprightly for a big guy. On the flip side, Taylor has some really nice explosion for a dude his size. 

Eli Harold is just awful as a pass rusher. 

Archived