** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

So word is on NFLN, Dak Prescott has yet to throw a single TD in camp? I thought I saw a highlight of one.

For it being the time of year where everyone is always reported to be upcoming All Pros, there is certainly a lot of negative coming from reports of our offense.

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

So word is on NFLN, Dak Prescott has yet to throw a single TD in camp? I thought I saw a highlight of one.

For it being the time of year where everyone is always reported to be upcoming All Pros, there is certainly a lot of negative coming from reports of our offense.

People have zero faith in this offense outside of Zeke. That could be a blessing for them. Or they could prove them right. Though I like the odds when people are low on the Cowboys.  Unknowns aren't necessarily a bad thing.

Dak's never been a great practice guy, and they're breaking in an entirely new group of WR's and tight ends. Shouldn't be that surprising that the passing game is a work in progress. I was hoping to see a little more development in Dak in terms of throwing the ball downfield though, which it still sounds like it's still kinda hit or miss. 

My biggest concern isn't so much the passing game, so much as, while I do think the defense is going to be much improved, and probably the best one we've field in a long while, I don't know that it's good enough to actually carry a team. It certainly may be, I dunno, but that's a risky proposition if that's what they're banking on. However, I do think there's a certain safety who may or may not be on the market, that I do think would push the defense into a level good enough to carry a team.......but that's for another conversation. 

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Stop it. Dak has thrown TDs. Many of them to been Hurns and Gallop.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Apparently it was that he hadn't thrown a TD in 11 on 11 drills.

Maybe, but you dont honestly think that Dak has regressed so far that he is incapable of scoring. So whether he throws them in 7 on 7 or 11 v 11 is irrelevant. 

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe, but you dont honestly think that Dak has regressed so far that he is incapable of scoring. So whether he throws them in 7 on 7 or 11 v 11 is irrelevant. 

Im guessing 11 on 11 is a bit harder based on competition and the size of the field not increasing in direct variation to the number of players on it. I remember an analyst saying that Brandon Weeden may be the best 7 on 7 QB he's ever seen, but it doesn't translate. 

For a QB that only averages 22 TD passes a year, how much regression does it take before he is incapable?

Either way, I still hold that Dak has never looked good in practice. He seems to find a way to put it together come game time.

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

For a QB that only averages 22 TD passes a year, how much regression does it take before he is incapable?

Either way, I still hold that Dak has never looked good in practice. He seems to find a way to put it together come game time.

If I could slap the hell outta you, I would. You are basically and Eagles fan at this point.

And I am not a naturally aggressive person. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

If I could slap the hell outta you, I would. You are basically and Eagles fan at this point.

And I am not a naturally aggressive person. 

Good point, Matt. I totally see it your way now. And I'm not naturally a blind homer.

Archived