** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

So is it too early to start getting our final 53 down. I orriginally didn’t give Lance L much chance but he had been solid and the injury to Thompson opened the door there.  RB Scarbrough looked good enough in my mind to join Eliot Smith.    So.   How many DL we keep how many LB.  does Green make it seems to be the final questions

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Trading for another DT?  I'll believe that when I see it. 

Unless its trading for Donald, they should pick up the phone and see how much Hankins wants for 1 year.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

They don't want Hankins. 

Agreed they dont want him but if they are looking for a NT they should call him.

Our lack of DT depth and with Collins always hurt and Irving a mystery, I hate the though of trying to go through a whole season with street free agents at DT.

For as much flack as the Cowboys have gotten for wasting their 2nd round picks, the Cowboys might have 6 starters this year...

LDE - DeMarcus Lawrence
RDE - Randy Gregory
WLB - Sean Lee
MLB - Jaylon Smith
CB - Chidobe Awuzie
LG - Connor Williams

That has to be at least top-10 in the NFL for a core of 2nd round picks.

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

For as much flack as the Cowboys have gotten for wasting their 2nd round picks, the Cowboys might have 6 starters this year...

LDE - DeMarcus Lawrence
RDE - Randy Gregory
WLB - Sean Lee
MLB - Jaylon Smith
CB - Chidobe Awuzie
LG - Connor Williams

That has to be at least top-10 in the NFL for a core of 2nd round picks.

Not doing so poorly in the 3rd, either, between Crawford, Williams, Collins, Lewis, and Gallup, though it's obviously early on MG and Lewis seems to be in some sort of doghouse. All solid rotational players at worst (and Chaz Green). We've also gone 2/3 on aggressive trade ups involving those picks (Dez, Claiborne, Lawrence).

We've undeniably been one of the better drafting teams this decade. Time to put it all together.

33 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Not doing so poorly in the 3rd, either, between Crawford, Williams, Collins, Lewis, and Gallup, though it's obviously early on MG and Lewis seems to be in some sort of doghouse. All solid rotational players at worst (and Chaz Green). We've also gone 2/3 on aggressive trade ups involving those picks (Dez, Claiborne, Lawrence).

We've undeniably been one of the better drafting teams this decade. Time to put it all together.

Pretty great feeling to say that we 1) have been one of the better drafting teams this decade, 2) are the youngest roster in the NFL, and 3) are very comfortable with the salary cap.

Dak's development will dictate a lot.

Archived