Training Camp

Rockice_8

I don't care what people say about USC QB or the Jets trading away 3 second round picks for this guy but he is worth every penny and pick. I have said it already but this guy is he BEST QB to come out in the last 5 years. He will be something special and it still amaze me that he was there at 3. 

17 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sam Darnold just came to the line, read defense, and started shouting to change the play. Why? He read blitz. Audibled to a screen. Jets picked up 30-plus. Lucky Whitehead was running with blockers in front when coaches blew whistle. Wow. #Jets

LOVE it. I also love that hes having a rough day and still comes back and makes plays. He is going to be the exact opposite of Sanchez. When Sanchez had early TOs you knew it was only going to get worse, he wasn't resilient what so ever. Darnold my throw a pick, and then on the very next series march down the field as though it never happened. He needs to play right away. 

Sams starting week 1. Still shaky about our OL, specifically Carps fit in the zone scheme and Winters’ health but rather get Darnold real experience if he looks as good as they’re saying than worrying about that

Sams starting week 1. Still shaky about our OL, specifically Carps fit in the zone scheme and Winters’ health but rather get Darnold real experience if he looks as good as they’re saying than worrying about that

29 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Concerned about Winters healthy or not, hes never  been good. We have a bad offensive line, it's what's going to hold us back from eclipsing 8 wins this year. 

I still want teddy to start. Atleast for the first few weeks. Maybe he can build some value or a qb goes down and we can flip him for a second.

It would also give Darnold some extra time learning the system and seeing how the NFL works.

That said, if darnold looks like the bestQB, I dint really have a problem with starting him,

Sam D. will start week 1 with McCown as the backup and Teddy sitting around. I see McCown become coach next year for the jets and Teddy backing up Sam. I'm sorry guys but I don't see Teddy as a starting QB and neither does the rest of the NFL hints why he took a 500,000 1 year deal. He had a chance to be good but that knee will never be the same which will throw everything off. He went from average starter to and average back up because of the knee.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sam D. will start week 1 with McCown as the backup and Teddy sitting around. I see McCown become coach next year for the jets and Teddy backing up Sam. I'm sorry guys but I don't see Teddy as a starting QB and neither does the rest of the NFL hints why he took a 500,000 1 year deal. He had a chance to be good but that knee will never be the same which will throw everything off. He went from average starter to and average back up because of the knee.

Knowing Bowles, he will probably going to start Mc Cown, to start the season if Bridgewater doesn't show much thru training camp. None of us know if Darnold is ready to be the starting QB. Sam Darnold, is our future and we are in no rush to start him. We have a uncertain offensive line, if Darnold, is not 100% ready to be starting QB for game one, for once I would agree with Bowles. To say Darnold, is the best QB to be pick in the draft in the last five years, is yet to be proven, if you are right that would be great.  

I think Darnold has to just look incredible all TC and PS to start week 1. I think Bridgewater needs to look very sharp as well to get the week 1 start. I hope so 1 of these happens. Bc it really will be a shame to see McCown really start at all this season with 2 talented young QBs on the roster.

16 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Concerned about Winters healthy or not, hes never  been good. We have a bad offensive line, it's what's going to hold us back from eclipsing 8 wins this year. 

I have to agree.  While I'm not as down on Winters and think him and Beach are our two best OL guys when healthy I do agree the OL is not as good as I thought.

Carp is fish out of water and was not good last year.  Hoping that was product of Johnson playing next to him though.  

We have a chance to be average if everything goes well but Long has struggled some and Beachum is in a walking boot. 

We will only go as far as the OL takes us offensively.  I like the weapons and Darnold so if the OL can be average we'll be close to .500.  If they struggle then we will be 5-6 wins most likely.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Darnold has to just look incredible all TC and PS to start week 1. I think Bridgewater needs to look very sharp as well to get the week 1 start. I hope so 1 of these happens. Bc it really will be a shame to see McCown really start at all this season with 2 talented young QBs on the roster.

If he can prove that he can protect himself and recognize blitz's at the line and shift protection I think he starts week 1.  That is huge for young QB's on whether or not they are ready to start or not.  At this point I think he's well on his way to a week 1 start.

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Teddy will get his chance to start again.  It just won't be here.  While I don't envision him as better than average at best he did lead his team to the playoffs.  He only took a 500k deal because of the knee and it's more than that if he makes the roster.  Once it's proven healthy he'll get his chance.  Hopefully it's with another team and we can land a pick for him.

21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I have to agree.  While I'm not as down on Winters and think him and Beach are our two best OL guys when healthy I do agree the OL is not as good as I thought.

Carp is fish out of water and was not good last year.  Hoping that was product of Johnson playing next to him though.  

We have a chance to be average if everything goes well but Long has struggled some and Beachum is in a walking boot. 

We will only go as far as the OL takes us offensively.  I like the weapons and Darnold so if the OL can be average we'll be close to .500.  If they struggle then we will be 5-6 wins most likely.

Good post Rockice, the O line is my big concern also, and I agree 100% with your other thoughts on the rest of your post.

Archived