Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

Scene 1 - The Dusty Dome Saloon

Just as the sun is setting your group makes their way back into town. The man that hired you stays on his horse while you tie yours up before you head into the saloon. *Thanks for all the hard work today fellas!*  he says and flips you each a one dollar coin. You look at each other in disgust. He snaps the reins and his horse heads down the road.

You step off the dark street and into a dimly lit saloon. *Welcome to The Dusty Dome* says the barkeeper. He stops wiping a glass and gestures you towards the bar, but never looks up at you. At the back of the seating area, a group of shifty eyed men in ten gallon hats sit around a dimly lit table covered in dice and drinks. At the front near the bar, a group of men are drunkenly yelling about the rules of a drinking game they’ve inventing on the spot. Behind the gamblers at the back of the room, a man in a nice suit sits alone reading from a small notepad. Upstairs there is a loft and several private rooms, you can hear an argument coming from one of them.

Before you can decide what to do a drunk man falls towards you. *The gambl-hic-gamblers won’t let me pl-hic-play with them. Said I ain’t smart enough! I’ll show ‘em sm-hic-smart! And to the friggin pig in the back, I AIN’T NO SNI-hic-SNITCH!* the man yelled as he tumbled out the front door. Looking up from the boardwalk in front of the saloon he added *And if you’re looking fer a good time with a lovely lady friend, don’t go upstairs bub. Those private rooms ain’t seen lovemaking in many a moons. Just a bunch of angry guys holding hands if ya ask me!* He finished his rant and passed out, his head banging against the wooden floor.

What do you do next?

Normally I wouldn’t list options like this, just for the first playthrough. These are not all your options, just some basics to give you stuff to try out for now.

• Take a closer look around.
  • Talk to the barkeeper.
  • Sit at the gambling table.
  • Go to the men playing the drinking game.
  • Approach the man in the suit.
  • Head to the private rooms upstairs.
  • Something else.

@Malfatron @FinneasGage @The Orca @Pickle Rick you are ready to play. You don't all have to do the same thing. If you're unsure what to do next, read the rules in the OP. If you're still not sure, I'm here to ask questions.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

<go to the gamblers, show them my dollar coin, and ask them what the game is>

@Dome

The gamblers look at you confused *Normally we get some punk trying to play without putting anything in the pot. Take a seat pal.* One of the gamblers scoots his chair and makes room for another *Say, you got any friends? The more the merrier!*

Gambling Game requires 2-4 player characters to participate.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

The gamblers look at you confused *Normally we get some punk trying to play without putting anything in the pot. Take a seat pal.* One of the gamblers scoots his chair and makes room for another *Say, you got any friends? The more the merrier!*

Gambling Game requires 2-4 player characters to participate.

@The Orca @Pickle Rick @FinneasGage

One of the gamblers gets up, *Well, I’ll use the rest room while we wait. Feel free to check out the rest of the bar until then, we ain’t going anywhere.*

/narration off/

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

?

They don’t all have to do the same thing, but some things will require more than one of them. And even then, they don’t have to, they just will just rob malf of a gambling fix

/narration on/ 

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Just bustin' your balls.

I figured. But clarifying for everyone is never bad.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Can I attempt to rob those gamblers? 

You may attempt to, but you’d need to be more specific about how you’d like to go about it.

You may consult your group, you can sit at a table and watch the men to check for weaknesses, you can blitz them right now, try to spike their drinks if you have poison, maybe try a pickpocket, whatever you can think of really, or you can explore other parts of The Dusty Dome. It’s up to you.

Whatever you decide to do, tag me when you say it and I’ll know it’s official and let you know how to proceed.

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

follow him in the bathroom

@Dome

You follow him and he gives you a menacing look when he notices his tail. *Hey pal. Better not try nothing. I know everybody in this bar. We’ll have you strung up in no time and nobody will remember what happened.*

Archived