Everything Pokemon Thread!

22 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Bought Shield. Loving it so far. Just got to the big wild area outside the first city/train trip. As a filthy casual, lack of previous 'mons doesn't bother me.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you.  Haven't played the last few games so I'm loving all the new Pokemon.  I just beat the 3rd gym and my team current is:

Raboot
Corvisquire
Toxel
Barraskewda
Impidimp

I think I'm going to look for a Dreepy as my 6th.

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I'm in exactly the same boat as you.  Haven't played the last few games so I'm loving all the new Pokemon.  I just beat the 3rd gym and my team current is:

Raboot
Corvisquire
Toxel
Barraskewda
Impidimp

You can get Dreepy once you get the ability to cross water. It's late game, after the 7th gym. He's freaking awesome though, maybe my favourite pseudo-legendary ever

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

I beat the main game for the 2nd time this weekend. I really, really enjoy it. I have never been a dex completer so I don't care about the omission of a lot of Pokemon. Definitely the biggest pool of pokemon to build a team with we've ever had, and I love that. 

I have little interest in breeding etc but I am considering breeding the team I want to play through with next. 

For me, this is easily the best gen since 5

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

I wish you could turn off the moves showing their effectiveness.  With so many new Pokemon I find that I don't have to learn what type they are, the moves just tell you themselves which is kind of lame.  

Funny, I actually like that feature. There are just so many pokemon at this point that I can't keep track of all the new ones. Plus Fairy ****ed my brain so I always get confused with dual type Fairy mons. 

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Funny, I actually like that feature. There are just so many pokemon at this point that I can't keep track of all the new ones. Plus Fairy ****ed my brain so I always get confused with dual type Fairy mons. 

It's definitely helpful, I just find myself not even learning about the new Pokemon, just look if a move is effective and use it haha. Toggling it on or off would be a nice feature. 

13 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Raboot
Corvisquire
Toxel
Barraskewda
Impidimp

I can get you a Dreepy if you need it.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I can get you a Dreepy if you need it.

Thanks man, what level would it be?  I think when you catch them towards the end of the game they are pretty high level so I don't want to get one that would make the game too easy since I'm only at the 3rd gym.  What level would it be?  Complete noob when it comes to trading in these newer games.  

43 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Thanks man, what level would it be?  I think when you catch them towards the end of the game they are pretty high level so I don't want to get one that would make the game too easy since I'm only at the 3rd gym.  What level would it be?  Complete noob when it comes to trading in these newer games.  

I can give you an egg so it's your OT.  It'll pop out at level 1.

• Like 2