Teams that are overhyped/underhyped

Jimmy Austin

On 8/29/2018 at 10:11 PM, megatechpc said:

For what its worth, I'm not saying the Rams will be bad this year or that last season was a fluke.  I was simply explaining why I think its just premature to assume they will be as good this year as last.  I've already made my picks for 2018 and I have the Rams winning the NFC West at 12-4 and getting the #3 seed.  I actually do think McVay is a brilliant coach and I saw enough growth from Goff for me to believe he will do well this season (especially with the weapons he has). 

But that's just my opinion and it certainly wouldn't shock me in any way if they fell down a bit this season and finished 8-8.  Predicting the NFL is just much different than predicting any other sport because there is so much parity in the league.  Of last year's playoff teams, only 3 made it to the playoffs the year before (Atlanta, NE, and Pittsburgh).

You still think this 

Ighcn9.gif

Pretty much.  I said they would go 12-4 and win the NFC West. 

They still haven't really played anybody and its still only week 3.  So many fans get way too hyped at this time of year (either positively or negatively) and there is still an entire season left to play.  Ya'll also lost both your CB's did you not?  Still got the Vikings, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, Bears and Eagles coming up (along with 2 against Seattle) so I wouldn't start planning the SB parade juuuuuuuuust yet...

7 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

They still haven't really played anybody and its still only week 3.  So many fans get way too hyped at this time of year (either positively or negatively) and there is still an entire season left to play.  Ya'll also lost both your CB's did you not?  Still got the Vikings, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, Bears and Eagles coming up (along with 2 against Seattle) so I wouldn't start planning the SB parade juuuuuuuuust yet...

No ones planning a parade. But the teams you mention are all struggling. When the rams beat them, would that mean that they suck? 

This is the NFL and the parity is real.  We won't know for sure which teams are great and which suck until the end of the season.  All I'm saying is its premature to say anything other than opinions at this point.  I will be ranking the Rams #1 in next week's rankings if that makes you feel any better...

14 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Ok I let it slide on the Rams not playing a good team in the Raiders. I let it slide on the Rams not playing a good team in the Cards. I cant let it slide when it comes to the Chargers. How many people picked the Chargers to win the AFC West? How many people picked the Chargers at least getting a wild card spot and making the playoffs in the AFC? How many people picked the Chargers to represent the AFC in the Superbowl? We know the Chargers have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. The Rams just beat them by double digit points dispite turning the ball over twice, missing a field goal, and losing two stud cornerbacks. I figured though even with a win against the Chargers people will stay say "yeah but...". Before this game people was saying this is the Rams first real test. After the Rams won its "yeah but the Chargers arent good". What happens if the Rams beat the Vikings? Will it be "yeah but the Vikings got embarrassed by the Bills"? I get it that its early but as of today the Rams have shown to be the best team in the NFL.

As for the cornerbacks, its not like Peters and Talib will be lost for the season. Their injuries from what I gathered werent serious. I figure they will be back sooner rather than later. With that said, the Rams showed today they didnt need them. They still held the Chargers offense to under 24pts and with Goff playing like he did today, the NFL need to take notice. Cant cover Cooks, Kupp, and Woods WHILE still trying the defend Gurley. The oline looks better than it did last season. Oh by the way, the Rams special teams blocked another punt for a td. They have 3 since the start of last season. The NFL has a total of 3. So if teams are going to beat the Rams, they better do it in all 3 phases of the game. 

One tidbit, the Rams became the 1st team since 1991 to have at least 350yds passing and 170yds rushing in the same game. Thats scary good. 

BTW its all in good fun but I just thought I would let you have it lol.

2 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

This is the NFL and the parity is real.  We won't know for sure which teams are great and which suck until the end of the season.  All I'm saying is its premature to say anything other than opinions at this point.  I will be ranking the Rams #1 in next week's rankings if that makes you feel any better...

Im not jumping on you. Just not sure how you can say the rams overrated when they’re doing what they’re suppose to be doing. They’re not winning by 3-7 points. I get what you’re saying, just sounds like you’re being closed minded about their success. Like they won? Nope nope nope. 

3 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

This is the NFL and the parity is real.  

Really. Who expected the weak-sauced Eagles to take a 7-9 record into 2017 and win the Super Bowl? I gave them pretty much a zero chance, as did 99% of other non-Philly fans. 

The parity is real, every team has a chance, so enjoy!

Just now, FinSting said:

Really. Who expected the weak-sauced Eagles to take a 7-9 record into 2017 and win the Super Bowl? I gave them pretty much a zero chance, as did 99% of other non-Philly fans. 

The parity is real, every team has a chance, so enjoy!

Exactly what I've been saying.  I'm sure Vikings fans were already counting on 2-0-1 playing Buffalo at home today but nope.  The Rams are going to have a dud somewhere along the line and the complexion of the season is likely to look vastly different 10 weeks from now than it does today.  That's all I'm sayin...

2 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Exactly what I've been saying.  I'm sure Vikings fans were already counting on 2-0-1 playing Buffalo at home today but nope.  The Rams are going to have a dud somewhere along the line and the complexion of the season is likely to look vastly different 10 weeks from now than it does today.  That's all I'm sayin...

In all fairness to the Vikings they do have Cousins. He seems to have a habit of choking. Even last week, he was bailed out by a roughing the passer call that I still dont understand how that was a flag on Matthews. Had the ref not thrown the flag, Cousins interception wouldve stood and the Vikings would be starring at a 1-2 record right now. Plus I dont think the Vikings really focused on the Bills today. They had a huge road game last week against the Packers and they have a huge road game coming up against the Rams. This was your classic trap game against the Bills. The only positive thing about the Vikings today is that I KNOW they will come out on TNF laser focused. Cousins struggles in primetime games but this upcoming game he cant struggle in because of the  way he and the Vikings as a team played today. If he struggles again and/or the Vikings lose on Thursday, then we can truly start to call the Vikings overrated and question if they miss Keenum. Not because of his talent but because of the team rallied around Keenum and he just knew who to lead the team to not having horrible games like we saw from the Vikings today.

20 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

In all fairness to the Vikings they do have Cousins. He seems to have a habit of choking. Even last week, he was bailed out by a roughing the passer call that I still dont understand how that was a flag on Matthews. Had the ref not thrown the flag, Cousins interception wouldve stood and the Vikings would be starring at a 1-2 record right now. Plus I dont think the Vikings really focused on the Bills today. They had a huge road game last week against the Packers and they have a huge road game coming up against the Rams. This was your classic trap game against the Bills. The only positive thing about the Vikings today is that I KNOW they will come out on TNF laser focused. Cousins struggles in primetime games but this upcoming game he cant struggle in because of the  way he and the Vikings as a team played today. If he struggles again and/or the Vikings lose on Thursday, then we can truly start to call the Vikings overrated and question if they miss Keenum. Not because of his talent but because of the team rallied around Keenum and he just knew who to lead the team to not having horrible games like we saw from the Vikings today.

I agree with all of that but we still don't know how Cousins will do this year.  I said before the season that he wouldn't be as good as Keenum was last year (and got flamed for it by Vikings fans), but that was just my opinion.  Who knows though...

21 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You’re crazy lol. Vikings are legit and we might be without both corners... That game will be scary and they’re coming off a lost. 

57 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You’re crazy lol. Vikings are legit and we might be without both corners... That game will be scary and they’re coming off a lost. 

That’s what I was saying. I think the Vikings will be laser focused. I think if there is one game the Vikings will be motivated to have their best game all regular season it’s TNF against the Rams. On the flip side, the Rams haven’t forgotten what happened last season at Minnesota. So the Rams will be ready too. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

That’s what I was saying. I think the Vikings will be laser focused. I think if there is one game the Vikings will be motivated to have their best game all regular season it’s TNF against the Rams. On the flip side, the Rams haven’t forgotten what happened last season at Minnesota. So the Rams will be ready too. 

And if we beat they’ll be like congrats they’re 1-2-1 lol 

Archived