Teams that are overhyped/underhyped

Jimmy Austin

2 hours ago, megatechpc said:

That is the kind of comment that is ONLY ever made by a guy whose team hasn't lost 5+ starters to start the season.

Just last year Miami lost their starting QB, two starting LBs, a starting CB all in the preseason. They would go on to lose more. I didn't imply "it shouldn't have any effect", just that it's in the same category as complaining about bad officiating.

It happens to every team. Some years are luckier than others.

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Houston is strange because they are the rare team who has lost 2 of 3 games due to coaching.

• At New England: The clown did not review the Gronk drop at midfield (you call the timeout to give them time to review it)

That was unforgivable, but they were only "close" due to our mistakes handing them the ball and field position (and we suck right now, to boot). They generated very little on their own, outside of a very effective running drive.

Under hyped team is Tennessee. They just beat the Jags and Eagles in back to back games. Two of their wins came in spite of extreme injury concerns. They lost Walker for the season and a lot of opposing fans just expected them to fall apart but Mike Vrabel is a winner with balls of steel son. I wonder if Elliot Harrison will rank them in the top 10 after this win.

Just now, El ramster said:

Mariota was insanely clutch despite his WR's lubing their hands with grease and lube. 

McVay the real MVP for letting LaFleur leave and be our offensive coordinator. Could have kept him for himself but let him leave and run his own offense here. I don't think the NFL media as a whole has given McVay the credit for letting that happen. That's gonna be a huge boost for him hiring up and coming assistants in the future, too. They know that if they want to go somewhere and run their own show he's not gonna block it.

McVay revolutionizing the NFL in regards to the offense and being an A+ dude to his assistants while doing it.

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Mariota was insanely clutch despite his WR's lubing their hands with grease and lube. 

And that was before today.

When it's crunch time, Mariota usually plays extremely well. He's proven to be pretty clutch so far in his career.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

McVay the real MVP for letting LaFleur leave and be our offensive coordinator. Could have kept him for himself but let him leave and run his own offense here. I don't think the NFL media as a whole has given McVay the credit for letting that happen. That's gonna be a huge boost for him hiring up and coming assistants in the future, too. They know that if they want to go somewhere and run their own show he's not gonna block it.

McVay revolutionizing the NFL in regards to the offense and being an A+ dude to his assistants while doing it.

No doubt. Y'all can have the bootleg version but the real deal. I'm so glad that Mariota has a new 

coordinator rather than ones stuck in 80's-90's ancient smash mouth. 

20 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Just last year Miami lost their starting QB, two starting LBs, a starting CB all in the preseason. They would go on to lose more. I didn't imply "it shouldn't have any effect", just that it's in the same category as complaining about bad officiating.

It happens to every team. Some years are luckier than others.

My only point is that it is still 100% a valid excuse for wrecking a season when you have that many guys go down.  Just look at the Falcons game today.  DQ went for it on 4th and 5 in his own territory early in the 1st quarter specifically because he KNOWS his defense cannot stop anybody now.  This was the 8th ranked defense last year!  When you lose not just 5 starters on defense, but the 5 MOST important starters on your defense, its going to cost you games.  The Dolphins couldn't have been expected to do anything last year after all their losses and they didn't.  It sucks, it does happen to teams every year, but it is in no way an indictment on the team itself or how its constructed.  This Falcons team would've been a top-3 seed in the NFC this year if not for these injuries, but it is what it is and they now have little chance to win games because even though the offense has been lights out 3 weeks in a row, they only have 1 win to show for it.

Overrated /Underrated Week 5.

Overrated: 

Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers has not looked himself do his injuries. Until his health improves. I am not buying this team in the NFC North. 

Detroit Lions - Outside of a dominant win against NE. They have lost to a bad DAL and SF teams and blown out by the Jets. Most people had this team has a dark horse for the NFC North coming into the season but they look like the worst team in that division and possible a top 5 picks. 

Underrated: 
Tennessee Titans - This team has pulled wins out of the hat at end and makes plays when they need to be made. If not for a huge delay week 1. They could be 4-0. If Mariota can play better then I really like this team as a dark horse SB contender in the AFC. 

Tampa Bay Bucs - This team is better than what they showed on SUN against CHI. They seem to have a game similar to that every year. They were blown out by ARI 2 years ago 40-7 and was a tiebreaker away from making the playoffs. People want to point out how terrible the secondary is and I said this last week but their DBs are mostly 1st and 2nd year players. They will play better as the season goes on. It also does not help having Mike Smith as their DC.

Philadelphia Eagles.- This team is currently and underdog to the MIN this week. Carson Wentz has looked rusty the last few games but I expect him to play better as the season goes on. If this team can get back to where they were last year then I like them to come out of the NFC again. 

On 9/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, megatechpc said:

My only point is that it is still 100% a valid excuse for wrecking a season when you have that many guys go down.  Just look at the Falcons game today.  DQ went for it on 4th and 5 in his own territory early in the 1st quarter specifically because he KNOWS his defense cannot stop anybody now.  This was the 8th ranked defense last year!  When you lose not just 5 starters on defense, but the 5 MOST important starters on your defense, its going to cost you games.  The Dolphins couldn't have been expected to do anything last year after all their losses and they didn't.  It sucks, it does happen to teams every year, but it is in no way an indictment on the team itself or how its constructed.  This Falcons team would've been a top-3 seed in the NFC this year if not for these injuries, but it is what it is and they now have little chance to win games because even though the offense has been lights out 3 weeks in a row, they only have 1 win to show for it.

So you're certain they would have won the division if not for the injuries? I don't see how you could be. The Saints started slow but are looking better and better.

15 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

So you're certain they would have won the division if not for the injuries? I don't see how you could be. The Saints started slow but are looking better and better.

Well of course I can't be certain of anything, but yeah, I think the Falcons would be a better team than the Saints right now if they had not suffered all the defensive injuries.  The Saints are largely healthy so there's no real excuse for why their defense is so bad this year, but Atlanta's starting defense looks like the second half of a preseason game right now.  They really should've won both the last two games and had they had their starters on defense I fully expect they would have (no explanation for the Eagles loss though, other than that they can't ever play well in Philly).

Archived