Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Nodisrespect said:

Lol and where exactly does that get us? You know Cooper has the same agent Joel Segal as Mack does, and telling your client he can be the highest paid wr in the league is not a turn off, even if he has to move.

We would lose a young player which would suck but this regime looks like they will refuse to overpay players which I agree with.  Similar to how NE runs their franchise.  The issue is that we must now nail drafts to contend.  If we can't nail our draft picks which is the opposite of how NE has operated for a very long time, then the front office and Gruden are not good at their jobs.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We would lose a young player which would suck but this regime looks like they will refuse to overpay players which I agree with.  Similar to how NE runs their franchise.  The issue is that we must now nail drafts to contend.  If we can't nail our draft picks which is the opposite of how NE has operated for a very long time, then the front office and Gruden are not good at their jobs.  

Somewhat correct. NE doesn't nail their drafts more than anyone else. What they do is improve player's on field performance better than any team and maximize their value. Then sell at just the right time. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Then they are idiots and understand nothing about football the business.  

Or they don’t want to be part of a dysfunctional franchise, couldn’t blame them if they did tbh. These types of decisions have repercussions.

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Somewhat correct. NE doesn't nail their drafts more than anyone else. What they do is improve player's on field performance better than any team and maximize their value. Then sell at just the right time. 

Totally right and NE's success is BB and scheme more than players but the bottom line is that they never overpay.  Seymore, Moss, Cooks etc sent to teams to die and years later no one cared.  

Just now, holyghost said:

To a degree NE does draft well but they do it their way. They run the draft like a slot machine. They constantly trade back and acquire picks knowing well that the more times you pull the handle, the more chances you have to win.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm sure the Lions board was all doom and gloom after Suh walked and they got nothing in return.  Now look at how smart of a move that was and can you imagine if they hamstrung themselves with that massively bloated contract?  Now that would have been stupid.

I guess i see that as they were average with Suh, let him walk cuz it was about the team and not paying him, and years later theyre still just average...

Just now, riceman80 said:

To a degree NE does draft well but they do it their way. They run the draft like a slot machine. They constantly trade back and acquire picks knowing well that the more times you pull the handle, the more chances you have to win.

Sure. They do not hit on their high choices any more than anyone else. 

To succeed this way, our team has to have some sort of successful personnel strategy. Which Oakland has never had, ever. 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Or they don’t want to be part of a dysfunctional franchise, couldn’t blame them if they did tbh. These types of decisions have repercussions.

Dysfunctional bc they didn't give in and pay a non QB 23 million plus.  Come on man, think a bit deeper for a second...  Like I said before with the Lions getting rid of Suh for nothing, I am sure Lions fans were sharing the same emotions you were.  years removed how smart were the Lions now?

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm sure the Lions board was all doom and gloom after Suh walked and they got nothing in return.  Now look at how smart of a move that was and can you imagine if they hamstrung themselves with that massively bloated contract?  Now that would have been stupid.

Different position, different person, different circumstances. But just for the sake of fleshing out this comparison, how did that work out for Detroit? Which great players did they get with all that extra cap space? They've been a joke in that span. Hard to say they're any better off. When a franchise struggles to find and develop talent, its wise to do what it takes to keep the few successful picks they have.

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I get that losing Mack sucks and hurts the team this year.  What you guys don't fully understand is that a team should not pay a non QB 23 plus million when you have a QB under contract making 20.  Trust me Carr is much more critical to this team than Mack was.  A 20 million dollar non QB severely handicaps depth, FA and imagine if that that 20 million dollar DE gets severely injured, the team is serious trouble.  The only teams that are able to pay players like Mack big time money are teams with young QB's on rookie contracts.  

Now all the garbage comes out that Gruden has lost his mind, MD doesn't have money to pay and the Raiders are a dysfunctional franchise once again.  Blah, blah balh, all trash and nonsense.  Average fans are hurt, I get it and Mack is a hell of a player but let's say the Bears are terrible which I fully expect them to be and we land Bosa.  That would be a great move, we get a 21 year old apparent stud on a super friendly contract for the next 4 or 5 years.  I'm not saying Bosa is Mack but you get what I am saying.  If the NFL didn't have a salary cap I would be furious with this move but football is a business first and from a business prospective moving Mack makes sense as bad as it stings.  

AD was a totally different situation for the Rams bc Goff's rookie contract is team friendly for the next few seasons and by that time he gets paid AD will be 31 and they can cut bait with him.  If Goff had a contract like Carr I can assure you the Rams would have had to move AD.

You keep referencing this. Bears are at this point, unarguably, the most improved team since last season. There is no way they end up with a top 2 pick netting you Bosa. I understand you’re trying to dull the pain from this trade but the fact remains, Oakland and Jon Gruden just made a horrendous move.

Just now, StocktonSav said:

Different position, different person, different circumstances. But just for the sake of fleshing out this comparison, how did that work out for Detroit? Which great players did they get with all that extra cap space? They've been a joke in that span. Hard to say they're any better off. When a franchise struggles to find and develop talent, its wise to do what it takes to keep the few successful picks they have.

Exactly like I said.  The Raiders now have an added pressure to nail the draft picks and if they don't the front office is inept.  Detroit is not a well ran organization but from a strategic stand point they made the correct move like the Raiders did by moving Mack.  Retaining Suh would not have propelled them to the playoffs in fact they would have been in worse position had they kept him.  

2 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

You keep referencing this. Bears are at this point, unarguably, the most improved team since last season. There is no way they end up with a top 2 pick netting you Bosa. I understand you’re trying to dull the pain from this trade but the fact remains, Oakland and Jon Gruden just made a horrendous move.

in your opinion the Bears are the most improved team since last season on paper.  That's nice, let's see where this improvement gets them because I assure you it wont be the playoffs.   I'm telling you trabinski isn't a good Qb and this is a QB driven league.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

in your opinion the Bears are the most improved team since last season on paper.  That's nice, let's see where this improvement gets them because I assure you it wont be the playoffs.   I'm telling you trabinski isn't a good Qb and this is a QB driven league.  

On paper, it’s not really an opinion it’s a fact. Name me a team that’s added more talent this offseason....I’ll wait. Hard for me to take someone’s opinion seriously when they clearly have an average fans knowledge on the development of Trubisky. I think there’s a greater chance of Oakland landing a top 3 pick than the Bears.

Archived