Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

I get that losing Mack sucks and hurts the team this year.  What you guys don't fully understand is that a team should not pay a non QB 23 plus million when you have a QB under contract making 20.  Trust me Carr is much more critical to this team than Mack was.  A 20 million dollar non QB severely handicaps depth, FA and imagine if that that 20 million dollar DE gets severely injured, the team is serious trouble.  The only teams that are able to pay players like Mack big time money are teams with young QB's on rookie contracts.  

Now all the garbage comes out that Gruden has lost his mind, MD doesn't have money to pay and the Raiders are a dysfunctional franchise once again.  Blah, blah balh, all trash and nonsense.  Average fans are hurt, I get it and Mack is a hell of a player but let's say the Bears are terrible which I fully expect them to be and we land Bosa.  That would be a great move, we get a 21 year old apparent stud on a super friendly contract for the next 4 or 5 years.  I'm not saying Bosa is Mack but you get what I am saying.  If the NFL didn't have a salary cap I would be furious with this move but football is a business first and from a business prospective moving Mack makes sense as bad as it stings.  

AD was a totally different situation for the Rams bc Goff's rookie contract is team friendly for the next few seasons and by that time he gets paid AD will be 31 and they can cut bait with him.  If Goff had a contract like Carr I can assure you the Rams would have had to move AD.

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

So I pose this question alot has been said about Key should have been a first round pick even top 5, so what does his stat line need to look like to say maybe Gruden was right?

7-9 sacks and do well vs run. Mack was unmatched in pass rushing and pressures with a bad d coordinator his whole career. And he was top notch vs run as well. 

Key could be aldon smith and he still wouldn't be mack. imagine if mack had help or good dcoord. Chicago he will have like 16-20 sacks

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I get that losing Mack sucks and hurts the team this year.  What you guys don't fully understand is that a team should not pay a non QB 23 plus million when you have a QB under contract making 20.  Trust me Carr is much more critical to this team than Mack was.  A 20 million dollar non QB severely handicaps depth, FA and imagine if that that 20 million dollar DE gets severely injured, the team is serious trouble.  The only teams that are able to pay players like Mack big time money are teams with young QB's on rookie contracts.  

Now all the garbage comes out that Gruden has lost his mind, MD doesn't have money to pay and the Raiders are a dysfunctional franchise once again.  Blah, blah balh, all trash and nonsense.  Average fans are hurt, I get it and Mack is a hell of a player but let's say the Bears are terrible which I fully expect them to be and we land Bosa.  That would be a great move, we get a 21 year old apparent stud on a super friendly contract for the next 4 or 5 years.  I'm not saying Bosa is Mack but you get what I am saying.  If the NFL didn't have a salary cap I would be furious with this move but football is a business first and from a business prospective moving Mack makes sense as bad as it stings.  

AD was a totally different situation for the Rams bc Goff's rookie contract is team friendly for the next few seasons and by that time he gets paid AD will be 31 and they can cut bait with him.  If Goff had a contract like Carr I can assure you the Rams would have had to move AD.

Idk why people are hating on the Bears cuz they could easily be a playoff team with Mack in the fold. Theyve got a fresj offensive minded coach in Nagy, a PB-caliber RB in Jordan Howard, and they added Allen Robinson and Trey Burton to give Trubisky weapons.

Couple that with a top 10 defense orchestrated by a premier DC that now added Mack and Roquan Smith. They could be an easy playoff team if Trubisky is even Bortles bad. And in 2020 theyll still have the same core together. We could easily be looking at 2 picks in the teens to mid 20s

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Idk why people are hating on the Bears cuz they could easily be a playoff team with Mack in the fold. Theyve got a fresj offensive minded coach in Nagy, a PB-caliber RB in Jordan Howard, and they added Allen Robinson and Trey Burton to give Trubisky weapons.

Couple that with a top 10 defense orchestrated by a premier DC that now added Mack and Roquan Smith. They could be an easy playoff team if Trubisky is even Bortles bad. And in 2020 theyll still have the same core together. We could easily be looking at 2 picks in the teens to mid 20s

Mainly because the Packers and Vikings are in that division. Trubisky is the worst QB in that division currently. 

4 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Trabunski is straight trash.  People were saying the same thing when the Fins signed Suh to a massive contract and see how that worked out.  This is a QB driven league and not a league ruled by 23 million dollar DE's or DT's like Suh.  Time will tell and the compensation received for Mack is a bit underwhelming but I reiterate that paying a non QB 23 million plus when you have a 20 million dollar QB in place is beyond foolish.  

I will also say this right now.  Players like Cooper better be on watch regardless what kind of year he has this season.  The Raiders just showed they are not messing around and if Cooper comes in next season demanding 15mil or more they will let him walk and not think twice about it.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I will also say this right now.  Players like Cooper better be on watch regardless what kind of year he has this season.  The Raiders just showed they are not messing around and if Cooper comes in next season demanding 15mil or more they will let him walk and not think twice about it.

Lol and where exactly does that get us? You know Cooper has the same agent Joel Segal as Mack does, and telling your client he can be the highest paid wr in the league is not a turn off, even if he has to move.

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Players might not want to stay after this move tbh. 

Archived