Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I would of rather just tagged Carr a couple years and signed Mack. Franchise QBs are becoming much easier to find in this day and age. The Raiders were just desperate to lock one up considering we didn't have one for 12 years. Even though that was due to Al. 

But with emotions cooled, you can't pay two players 25M. Just bad unfortunate timing. Rams don't have to pay Goff for a while so they can afford Donald. And by the time they do gotta pay Goff, Donald is past his prime. 

Now im questioning if Cooper has 1500 yards and 9 TDs with a breakout season, and he asks for 19-20M, do we even pay him?

I'm personally use to it as an A's fan. Can't afford to keep talent more than their original contract. However, the A's are geniuses at hoarding top prospects and timing their breakouts all at the same time and having a monster team for 3-4 years. Something they've done well for 50+ years. 4 years of great baseball with all young guys on fresh contracts. Then a four year selling off period while building up the new prospect pool. 

WTF?

Franchise QB is virtually impossible to find. 

I’ll be real Mack will never see the end of this contract he will be cut before It.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

WTF?

Franchise QB is virtually impossible to find. 

I’ll be real Mack will never see the end of this contract he will be cut before It.

Yea people getting way too caught up in their emotions, even days later. Franchise QBs are easy to find?? This forum has gone off the rails the last few days. Losing Mack is one thing, if we would have done that trade for Carr it would have been a VERY different situation. 

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Yea people getting way too caught up in their emotions, even days later. Franchise QBs are easy to find?? This forum has gone off the rails the last few days. Losing Mack is one thing, if we would have done that trade for Carr it would have been a VERY different situation. 

Is Carr even a franchise QB? I suppose we'll find out this year. My one concern with Carr coming out of college was that he was by far the worst QB in that drsft under pressure. However, we gave him the best pass protection in football 2015-2016. 

I'm excited to see what he can do in Grudens offense, but if Carr faulters again everyone should be worried. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Is Carr even a franchise QB? I suppose we'll find out this year. My one concern with Carr coming out of college was that he was by far the worst QB in that drsft under pressure. However, we gave him the best pass protection in football 2015-2016. 

I'm excited to see what he can do in Grudens offense, but if Carr faulters again everyone should be worried. 

To be fair, college is one thing the Pros is another and under the intense pressure of mounting a 4th quarter comeback against pro defences and coordinators time and again Carr proved he had the nerve in 2016. So although he does have his faults like sometimes trying to do too much and he can be jittery in the pocket I think he’s proved he can handle the pressure IMO.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

To be fair, college is one thing the Pros is another and under the intense pressure of mounting a 4th quarter comeback against pro defences and coordinators time and again Carr proved he had the nerve in 2016. So although he does have his faults like sometimes trying to do too much and he can be jittery in the pocket I think he’s proved he can handle the pressure IMO.

He was terrible under pressure last year. However, if Kolton Miller proves to be a little above average and Carr executes Grudens new system, we could really see Carr ball out this year. I mean.. we could also see him be terrible. Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He was terrible under pressure last year. However, if Kolton Miller proves to be a little above average and Carr executes Grudens new system, we could really see Carr ball out this year. I mean.. we could also see him be terrible. Time will tell. 

I suppose if you mean under pocket pressure then I’d agree but although he was below par I think we can attribute a lot of that to terrible scheming and general under performing of all receivers, the line and Carr himself. I think a year removed from the injury in a better system we’ll see a more controlled Carr picking apart defences more like 2016.

With regards Kolton Miller, I am probably one of the few people to be optimistic about him after pre season and feel we can scheme our way around a less than ideal tackle situation though I do feel Miller will improve as he learns. Penn should be average at least and hopefully above average, no concerns with the interior.

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Tom Brady the goat breaks down under pressure in his face too. That’s literally the game plan against him. If Carr’s biggest weakness is the same as Brady it’s something that i can live with. 

Sorry I should of been more accurate. Carr gets what is known as "happy feet" when pressure is getting through. A scouts worse nightmare. That's the real reason he was a 2nd Round Pick, not cause of his brother. As long as you put a top tier line around him though, he can always play like a Top 5-10 QB. 

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Says franchise QB is easy to find

Cant identify if own guy is a franchise QB

Once you figure out for yourself if Carr is a franchise QB, explain how it's easy to find one.

Mad world

Just now, justwinbaby81 said:

Says franchise QB is easy to find

Cant identify if own guy is a franchise QB

Once you figure out for yourself if Carr is a franchise QB, explain how it's easy to find one.

Mad world

None of us know if Carr is a Franchise QB. 

And I'm saying QBs in drafts are getting better and better. 

This is now getting laughable.  Franchise QB's are easy to find?  You can not be serious and because they're so hard to find you see teams mortgage their futures for the opportunity to potentially land one in a draft.  You never see a team trade multiple first round picks for a D player, until the Bears just did.  We will see how many rings that brings them in the next 5 years.  

Cutting Carr and keeping Mack has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and let me ask you one simple question for all the homers out there.  When was the last time a DE or LB has put a team on their shoulders and won a super bowl?  QB's on the other hand....

Archived