NBA 2K19

showtime

19 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Is this game any better than last year? I got annoyed with it quickly since it was all about microtransations and the shooting mechanics were ATROCIOUS.

Is this worth getting? I'm passing on WWE 2k19; so I considered buying this.

I don't agree with @showtime 's take here.  It really depends on what gamemode you plan on playing.  So far what I've played the MyPlayer is just as great as ever, and they made the neighborhood area a lot more user friendly than last year.  NBA 2k has the best franchise mode of any video game, and this year's has some improvements from last year.  You can trade draft picks even farther into the future, the talent level of the drafts appears to be improved, and most important you can now do online franchise mode with friends.  

As far as general gameplay goes, I think its easier to score this year, and the shooting motion is definitely more fluid.  Some people are complaining about playing defense, but I haven't had any problems.  Again though, I'm playing again the CPU not online against users. 

23 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

That bad, eh?

I just picked up Live 19 today. control and shooting feels much more natural to me. I'm coming from 2K15, 16, and 18. Not a hardcore player, but just a guy who likes basketball. I don;t think the presentation is as good as 2K, but so far I'm liking what I am seeing.

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I've become a starter now in myplayer.  Hardest matchup I've had so far (I'm a Center) is playing the Nuggets and Jokic.  Dude just owned me.

I've always struggled matching up with Nik Vucevic, in 2K, for some reason.  This is like the 5th year running.  

1 hour ago, jyod21 said:

I've always struggled matching up with Nik Vucevic, in 2K, for some reason.  This is like the 5th year running.  

I played the Magic.  Vuc still starts.  It gets worse when he goes to the bench and Bamba comes in as his backup.  I think Bamba posterized me twice.  

On 9/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, MKnight82 said:

@showtimeSome people are complaining about playing defense, but I haven't had any problems.  Again though, I'm playing again the CPU not online against users. 

Yea, the defense in this game is absolutely fine vs the CPU.  The CPU doesn't do things to cheese you or take advantage of subpar mechanics.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I made a second player to watch through the cut scenes during the whole prelude when you go through Chicago, to Indiana, etc.  I skipped them the first time around because I just wanted to play.

Can you run two MyPlayers at once?  It doesn't replace your original one?