Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I think some people are overreacting on Mack's performance. The "Legendary" first half sack line (int, sack, FF, FR, TD) all came with Kizer in. He feasted on last year's worst starting QB. I know he still graded well, won his matchups, etc, but the D God talk is overblown.

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

“two picks on the chance that they could be turned into Kahlil Mack” AND $20+m/yr to spend on other needs

two picks that will not produce a player anywhere near as good as Mack, and 20M+ to spend trying to replace what Mack was giving you

33 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

two picks that will not produce a player anywhere near as good as Mack, and 20M+ to spend trying to replace what Mack was giving you

*Two early first round Bears picks, both picks earlier in the draft than the Packers have ever seen since the Mandarich debacle, each expected to produce early in their rookie contracts, very necessary for the Raiders’ survival when Carr finally gets paid.

36 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

https://herosports.com/nfl/youngest-teams-2018-rams-browns-packers-colts-aiai

Average age of rosters in July.  Obviously things change with FA and cuts but these are the numbers where the Packers were the 3rd youngest.

The eternal dilemma, between having more money to spread around (by  having more young guys on their first contract), and probably a slightly weaker team now (but with more potential to develop), compared to having more experience on the team, paying more to those guys, and probably having a slightly better team, but more cap problems. There is no right answer to this, it's just which way your particular team is built (and the Packers have routinely shaded toward the 'more younger players' option). 

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The eternal dilemma, between having more money to spread around (by  having more young guys on their first contract), and probably a slightly weaker team now (but with more potential to develop), compared to having more experience on the team, paying more to those guys, and probably having a slightly better team, but more cap problems. There is no right answer to this, it's just which way your particular team leans (and the Packers have routinely shaded toward the 'more younger players' option). 

No argument from me.  I was just providing a link to the only age data I've seen for 2018 so far.  There was some disagreement as to where the Bears and Packers were ranked.  I'm sure there is more current data but I couldn't find it.  

23 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

how convenient to just handwave it away. Just because draft picks aren't 100% certain doesn't mean they're nothing. Here are some players that have been  drafted in the 9-15 range (so on average the #12 slot) over the course of 7 years (09-15):

Aaron Donald, J.J. Watt, Fletcher Cox, Tyron Smith, Luke Kuechly, Jason Pierre-Paul, Odell Beckham Jr., Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Taylor Lewan, Todd Gurley, Brian Orakpo, Mike Pouncey Melvin Gordon, Anthony Barr, Michael Floyd, Robert Quinn, Sheldon Richardson, Nick Fairley, Stephon Gilmore, Ryan Shazier, etc. 

So you have about 30% odds of getting an elite or great player. 22% odds of a good player. 14% chance and an avg player that fills a 'hole'. How many free agents have certain GB fans lusted over throughout the years that could be had by 20+m? Just about any non-QB FA. Even if you split it in half and go after 2 players, that's 2 J.Graham's, 2 R.Sherman's, 2 A.Jeffery's, 2 Orakpo's,etc etc. You can fill alot of holes with that. and if only 1 of the 2 lives up to the hype of the name, that's a very good piece to combine with the draft odds listed above. that could be very balanced for 1 Mack. 

but I know everyone wants to be prisoners-of-the-moment after 1 game, much less 1 season. 

On 9/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, StinkySauce said:

*Two early first round Bears picks, both picks earlier in the draft than the Packers have ever seen since the Mandarich debacle, each expected to produce early in their rookie contracts, very necessary for the Raiders’ survival when Carr finally gets paid.

You should be a fantasy writer

Archived