Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

If I had to guess, Oakland is for the meantime waiting on an offer clearly favorable to them. Gute knows this, and while he probably already made a conservative offer to Oakland (eg., two firsts, or one first and a player like Clay), he will bide his time to see if Oakland eventually comes down in their asking price if after time no team comes forward to bid at their current asking price. That's my guess.

1 minute ago, DWhitehurst said:

If I had to guess, Oakland is for the meantime waiting on an offer clearly favorable to them. Gute knows this, and while he probably already made a conservative offer to Oakland (eg., two firsts, or one first and a player like Clay), he will bide his time to see if Oakland eventually comes down in their asking price if after time there is no one bidding at their current asking price. That's my guess.

I totally buy this and agree with this strategy.  No need to go all in and have regrets for years.  Yes, you might lose Mack to some crazy GM, but it’s the best strategy to keep the farm in tact, while still maintaining the possibility of getting Mack at a fair deal.

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Isn't this the definition of a contract negotiation? Lol

Well the negotiations probably start at 4/100 with 80 million guaranteed. Make that work in our team building structure.

Everyone has a plan on how to trade for him, but no one has the plan on how to sign him, and still function as a team moving forward when guys like Clark, Daniels and Bahk want new deals. I guess we just let all those guys walk ?

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're the kind of guy I see on eBay where I bid $200 on Packers tickets and the next bid is $550.

Yeah, I'm a political theorist (not actually a real career), stuff like this isn't my strong suit, still like that trade though.

39 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

If I had to guess, Oakland is for the meantime waiting on an offer clearly favorable to them. Gute knows this, and while he probably already made a conservative offer to Oakland (eg., two firsts, or one first and a player like Clay), he will bide his time to see if Oakland eventually comes down in their asking price if after time no team comes forward to bid at their current asking price. That's my guess.

How is 2 first round draft picks conservative?

how many teams even have 2 2019 first round draft picks? Answer: 1 team, green bay

38 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Everyone thinks this is about Oakland's asking price.

This is about Mack's asking price

In the history of the NFL, has a team ever had an "asking price" for an asset reported, then trade that asset and receive that asking price?  It seems like if someone was willing to meet said price, the deal would already have gotten done, the real question is "How much less are you willing to take." 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How is 2 first round draft picks conservative?

how many teams even have 2 2019 first round draft picks? Answer: 1 team, green bay

So PFT is now a solid source on team trade compensation? Remember, we're only thinking about this because Jake Ryan blew his knee out (reference to 1st article posted in this thread). 

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

In the history of the NFL, has a team ever had an "asking price" for an asset reported, then trade that asset and receive that asking price?  It seems like if someone was willing to meet said price, the deal would already have gotten done, the real question is "How much less are you willing to take." 

Like I said, feasibility has nothing to do with Oakland's asking price. The Packers are able to strike a deal for the rights to Mack. That's the easy part

The impossible part that everyone conveniently ignores is Mack's asking price. He cripples the cap and his signing guarantees nothing. If someone wants to suggest we sign Mack and then let everyone walk for the next 4 years and only sign rookies, at least I can respect the realism. Other than that it's just a lot of blah blah blah turn off the salary cap feature, blah blah blah

Archived