Khalil Mack

ekill08x

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

My only issue with Fowler is he currently plays left defensive end in a 4-3 defense behind Ngakoue. We would ask him to play on the opposite side in an upright position in a 3-4 defense. Hopefully, he does not need the entire season just to adjust to the new scheme, because it could be a wasted year just before he hits free agency. For that reason, I would not trade Bridgewater for him. Heck, barring a first rounder or as part of a package for Khalil Mack I would not want to trade Bridgewater at all.

But there is another thread for that topic. :)

Don't pay too much attention to what the depth chart says. When he was on the field (clear pass rush situations), he lined up on the right side 

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Don't pay too much attention to what the depth chart says. When he was on the field (clear pass rush situations), he lined up on the right side 

I dont know for sure but I think he may be right. Watched some video and noticed him on the left almost everytime he got a sack. Interesting though, he generates a decent amount of strip sacks. Is it just me or does it feel like we almost never get a strip sack. We dont get many sacks in general..

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I dont know for sure but I think he may be right. Watched some video and noticed him on the left almost everytime he got a sack. Interesting though, he generates a decent amount of strip sacks. Is it just me or does it feel like we almost never get a strip sack. We dont get many sacks in general..

I was going to say I’d just love to see us generating sacks nevermind fumbles etc. Pass rush needs to be the main priority alongside the o-line. Everything else can wait. 

20 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

So Metha is saying we have moved on to bigger fish and have now reached out to OAK about Mack.

Bowles must have zero faith in our pass rushers. More poor drafting from Mac. Its got to get better or we have to find a GM who can. 

I'm not going to lie, I have no problem moving a first and paying Mack his money. I rather secure him now then get into an insane bidding war for his services in free agency. He's literally the missing piece to this defense and he's just an force to be reckoned with. I know we already traded our second round pick for next year, I know we need to address our offensive line but chances to acquire DPOY don't come up. When you have a glaring weakness and Mack is there to be had, you make a move for him if given the opportunity.

56 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

I'm not going to lie, I have no problem moving a first and paying Mack his money. I rather secure him now then get into an insane bidding war for his services in free agency. He's literally the missing piece to this defense and he's just an force to be reckoned with. I know we already traded our second round pick for next year, I know we need to address our offensive line but chances to acquire DPOY don't come up. When you have a glaring weakness and Mack is there to be had, you make a move for him if given the opportunity.

I’d be all for moving a 1st for him too. Unfortunately I think his price tag is probably WAY higher than that. Which makes it not worth it. Yes we need an edge rusher and he’s arguably the best in the game with his prime ahead of him. But we can’t mortgage multiple valuable picks for an edge rusher. QB is a different story.

Our plan imo should be to...

1. Trade for Fowler Jr. for a mid round pick. (3rd at max or even straight up for Bridgewater).

2. Trade next years 1st for Mack (anything higher walk away).

3. Just wait for Fowler or Ray to hit FA and sign 1 of them.

4. Draft an Edge Round 1. (I want a LT in Round 1).

Id assume if we turned our attention away from Fowler, it was that the asking price was too much. And our FO said then let’s kick the tires on Mack if we are going to be willing to give up big assets.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d be all for moving a 1st for him too. Unfortunately I think his price tag is probably WAY higher than that. Which makes it not worth it. Yes we need an edge rusher and he’s arguably the best in the game with his prime ahead of him. But we can’t mortgage multiple valuable picks for an edge rusher. QB is a different story.

Our plan imo should be to...

1. Trade for Fowler Jr. for a mid round pick. (3rd at max or even straight up for Bridgewater).

2. Trade next years 1st for Mack (anything higher walk away).

3. Just wait for Fowler or Ray to hit FA and sign 1 of them.

4. Draft an Edge Round 1. (I want a LT in Round 1).

Id assume if we turned our attention away from Fowler, it was that the asking price was too much. And our FO said then let’s kick the tires on Mack if we are going to be willing to give up big assets.

My only problem with the wait for Fowler/Ray approach, do you really think either one of them could be the main pass rusher on a team? There fine pieces, but their afterthoughts when opposing teams game plan. Mack you have to build an entire scheme for him to stop him from disrupting the game. Fowler/Ray play with so much talent around them drawing attention, there just solid options in my eyes.

At the end of the day your right, it will take more than just a pick for Mack but man would I love him here.

Our edge position is dreadful so it should be no surprise we're being linked, however, I get the feeling Mehta is just playing connect the dots with this. He saw how much attention the long-rumored Fowler article got, so he ran out the Mack one. 

Bottom line: the Jets will add someone new to the position either by trade or FA. The other guys Jets fans should be looking at include Michael Johnson (CIN), John Simon (IND), Nate Orchard (CLE), Kyler Fackrell (GB), Shane Ray (DEN)... 

By the way, put your money on Kony Ealy finding his way back with us before the season starts. 

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Our edge position is dreadful so it should be no surprise we're being linked, however, I get the feeling Mehta is just playing connect the dots with this. He saw how much attention the long-rumored Fowler article got, so he ran out the Mack one. 

Bottom line: the Jets will add someone new to the position either by trade or FA. The other guys Jets fans should be looking at include Michael Johnson (CIN), John Simon (IND), Nate Orchard (CLE), Kyler Fackrell (GB), Shane Ray (DEN)... 

By the way, put your money on Kony Ealy finding his way back with us before the season starts. 

You are right, Kony Ealy, was the only player in the front seven to give us any kind of pass rush last year. Like EKILL08x said poor drafting by Mac has gotten us in this mess. It sure looks like the only way we can get a pass rusher, is thru a trade or FA pick up. As thing stand now we have only one pick in next year draft for the first 70 or so players, and we sure need help on the O line. And with no draft picks to use a trade bait, it is going to be tough to get a player thru a trade. That is why I say Bridgewater is so valuable, he is the only chip we have for another draft pick or trade.

The more I think about it the more I think we should go after Mack and send a great offer to the raiders. You guys act like we hit on all these draft picks. There are a lot of bust picks out there. Mack is the best D player in the league. I would do this for a trade.

Trade Teddy for a 2nd 2019. He will get moved for a second round pick in the next few weeks or even more.

Mack

for

1st round 2019 and 2nd round 2019 (from Teddy trade) along with Lee.

13 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The more I think about it the more I think we should go after Mack and send a great offer to the raiders. You guys act like we hit on all these draft picks. There are a lot of bust picks out there. Mack is the best D player in the league. I would do this for a trade.

Trade Teddy for a 2nd 2019. He will get moved for a second round pick in the next few weeks or even more.

Mack

for

1st round 2019 and 2nd round 2019 (from Teddy trade) along with Lee.

Wouldn’t trade Lee unless really necessary as it’s just another hole then. 

I would more than happily trade our first rounder for Mack with the assumption we can get back a 2nd for Teddy. Mack is 27 so should be very good for another 5 years at least. 

I would be gutted if we missed out on a guy like Nick Bosa though if we traded our first away. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

You are right, Kony Ealy, was the only player in the front seven to give us any kind of pass rush last year. Like EKILL08x said poor drafting by Mac has gotten us in this mess. It sure looks like the only way we can get a pass rusher, is thru a trade or FA pick up. As thing stand now we have only one pick in next year draft for the first 70 or so players, and we sure need help on the O line. And with no draft picks to use a trade bait, it is going to be tough to get a player thru a trade. That is why I say Bridgewater is so valuable, he is the only chip we have for another draft pick or trade.

Yeah teddy is the ace up our sleeve. We need to wait for the right opportunity to trade him. 

Imagine trading him away for a 3/4th rounder and a guy like Rivers/Eli/Drew then get injured and that team potentially would give up a first or second rounder. 

Archived