Eagles v. Bills Preseason Week 2 GDT

Phire

Linebacker Mychal Kendricks was the star of the show along with Darby. He had an interception, a sack and two tackles for loss, and he chased down Taylor from behind to force an errant throw that led to Darby's interception. There has been plenty of trade speculation surrounding Kendricks this offseason. Although his future in Philly is hazy, he made a good impression Thursday night.

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Kendricks. lol

yea he's been ok. He's def been around the ball but he's always been good at that. He's having a decent day. But don't just read stats. He had a sack on a play that really could have gone to anyone. Coverage sack. And had an INT on a tipped ball by McLeod. Still though, plays had to be made but let's not get crazy. 

He also snuffed out a screen pass for a loss.  And was the one that forced the throw that Darby got the pick on.  Obviously, there was help to flush him out of the pocket, but it's just good to see him impacting the game.

51 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

He also snuffed out a screen pass for a loss.  And was the one that forced the throw that Darby got the pick on.  Obviously, there was help to flush him out of the pocket, but it's just good to see him impacting the game.

Yea, he did some stuff. If all I tell Kendricks to do is, "get that guy!", he'll do it. He's good at persuing and closing.  Everyone knows he's talented but he's spacey, bro. This isn't a news flash. He's a good rusher. And, that hurry was more due to the fact they had a zero blitz on, man. The whole damn team came at the QB. 

I could just sum up any argument with: it's preseason. And that's all it is. 

I was super high on Kendricks in his younger years. But time showed his flaws. He's a liability. As soon as he's on the field, all you have to do is isolate him and he's exposed. If he's not rushing the QB, he's limited. I don't get why you're beating the drum for a guy that can't get on the field. He's not getting on the field for a reason. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Yea, he did some stuff. If all I tell Kendricks to do is, "get that guy!", he'll do it. He's good at persuing and closing.  Everyone knows he's talented but he's spacey, bro. This isn't a news flash. He's a good rusher. And, that hurry was more due to the fact they had a zero blitz on, man. The whole damn team came at the QB. 

I could just sum up any argument with: it's preseason. And that's all it is. 

I was super high on Kendricks in his younger years. But time showed his flaws. He's a liability. As soon as he's on the field, all you have to do is isolate him and he's exposed. If he's not rushing the QB, he's limited. I don't get why you're beating the drum for a guy that can't get on the field. He's not getting on the field for a reason. 

All I said in my OP was that he's been the best player on defense in the first two preseason games. I even preemptively said "I realize it is the preseason" so people didn't get their panties in a twist.

I don't think he's going to have some massive resurgence, but it is nice to see him impacting the game. We were all ragging on his coverage skills in another thread (myself included) but he actually made a decent read on the pick he had in the first game as well.  I'm not beating the drum for him to get more playing time, I'm observing and commenting on what I've witnessed.  He's been a play maker in these first 2 games.  

3 hours ago, Fitz2k2 said:

One thing that still pissed me off is how dane our like 4th string qb. Knowing damn well he should be our 2nd qb. One thing I see is our biggest weakness is running back. We def need speedy deep threat

Ive been saying it for the last couple years.  Runningback is not the issue.  Its the OL.  They get blown up so easily, and i know they were missing guys last night, but once again they are getting blown up. 

Regardless idk what they are going to do at the RB position.

Blount
Smallwood
Clement
Pump
Sproles

Who do you get rid of in this group?  Pump is showing nothing so far, while Clement looks serviceable.

1 minute ago, JayWood2010 said:

Ive been saying it for the last couple years.  Runningback is not the issue.  Its the OL.  They get blown up so easily, and i know they were missing guys last night, but once again they are getting blown up. 

OL didn't look good that's for sure.

Archived