Preseason gm. 2 GDT The New Doomsday vs. Cincinnati

DaBoys

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You really believe he missed Hurns by about 8 ft over his head?

I watched the play over and over after your comment. Dak throws it fairly quickly after his drop back, he is still the pocket, he is under no real pressure, and he releases it as soon as Hurns makes his break inside, as he is staring him down.  It was a target. The pass sailed. He had no reason to throw it away. Dak would try to scramble or roll out before just giving up. He showed that later in the game. The announcers and everyone else saw the same thing, except you. A person who has never once said a negative thing about Dak in his life. If you can't recognize both the positive and negative about a player then your opinion of the player is useless. I know you like Dak. He has some good qualities to like. But he has accuracy issues and that play was one example of that. 

Then of course, the old saying, if you can't tell where he was trying to throw, it isn't good. I think it's pretty obvious he where he was trying to go though.

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

I look for us to make a trade for Thomas before the preseason's over with. 

Cowboys would lose that trade.

Our safety depth going down and Seattle will obviously know it will try and bleed us for as much as they can.

They start the game and I'm sure practice by giving Swaim all the reps at TE. Then they let Jarwin have the lions share. Then Dalton Shultz comes in to get the leftovers. 

THEN Rico comes in for maybe 5 snaps. And of all the TEs on the roster he is the only one that looks like he even belongs in this league. The only one making plays. The only one that looks like a real weapon. And he's doing it on like 5 snaps a game/practice.

If we let him walk, over half the scouts in the league are going to turn on the tape from last preseason and this one, and he'll receive an offer from everyone of them.

37 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I watched the play over and over after your comment. Dak throws it fairly quickly after his drop back, he is still the pocket, he is under no real pressure, and he releases it as soon as Hurns makes his break inside, as he is staring him down.  It was a target. The pass sailed. He had no reason to throw it away. Dak would try to scramble or roll out before just giving up. He showed that later in the game. The announcers and everyone else saw the same thing, except you. A person who has never once said a negative thing about Dak in his life. If you can't recognize both the positive and negative about a player then your opinion of the player is useless. I know you like Dak. He has some good qualities to like. But he has accuracy issues and that play was one example of that. 

Then of course, the old saying, if you can't tell where he was trying to throw, it isn't good. I think it's pretty obvious he where he was trying to go though.

I personally thought he was indecisive between throwing it to Hurns and throwing it away and tossed it to the stands. I could be wrong. Either way he should have checked down to the open RB. 

And I have complained plenty of the time about Dak. I just like to take the opposite stance of you. 

Often, when QBs get spooked near the goal-line, they will adjust mid-throw with strength and throw it out/over.

Same happens in the opposite direction when they get spooked by coverage on a check-down; they tend to dart it into the dirt in front of the player. 

Last night, I think Dak got Spooked by the coverage coming from the inside. I think he made a mistake. He likely just caught a glimpse of the guy in his peripheral last minite, and panicked. He had time, though, and should have fired it into the window. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

They start the game and I'm sure practice by giving Swaim all the reps at TE. Then they let Jarwin have the lions share. Then Dalton Shultz comes in to get the leftovers. 

THEN Rico comes in for maybe 5 snaps. And of all the TEs on the roster he is the only one that looks like he even belongs in this league. The only one making plays. The only one that looks like a real weapon. And he's doing it on like 5 snaps a game/practice.

If we let him walk, over half the scouts in the league are going to turn on the tape from last preseason and this one, and he'll receive an offer from everyone of them.

The talent is there...but if he can't run routes and ends up costing you plays...

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I love Rico's potential. But if the guy still has no idea what a route is - this isn't the team for him. He belongs in GB.

19 hours ago, DaBoys said:

1st and goal. 1st down is shotgun draw inside. Nothing.

2nd down. Incredible job by Dak avoiding a free rushing safety to scramble outside and net positive on what is a sack for most QBs.

^ the free rushing safety was George Ilkoa. Now he might be a Cowboy. Wonder if he would have got cut had he sacked Dak last night...?

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

^ the free rushing safety was George Ilkoa. Now he might be a Cowboy. Wonder if he would have got cut had he sacked Dak last night...?

Bengals Coach: "George, sack the QB on this play or you get cut"

Ilkoa: AnnualBewitchedGalapagospenguin-small.gi

*misses sack*

*gets cut*

Ilkoa: braveheart-freedom-gif-2.gif

10 hours ago, J Shank said:

Often, when QBs get spooked near the goal-line, they will adjust mid-throw with strength and throw it out/over.

Same happens in the opposite direction when they get spooked by coverage on a check-down; they tend to dart it into the dirt in front of the player. 

Last night, I think Dak got Spooked by the coverage coming from the inside. I think he made a mistake. He likely just caught a glimpse of the guy in his peripheral last minite, and panicked. He had time, though, and should have fired it into the window. 

This is what I was attempting to say, you just said it better. Spooked is more clear than indecisive. 

as I watch Dak and read what he is saying and the coaches Dak is purposely playing different then we can expect in regular season and working on his overall game.  I know i saw one spot where he would have run it and instead tried to hit  garvin while rolling out. 

My tbought watching the overthrow live was he intentionally threw it away for what ever reason  rather then try extend the play  or hold the ball

Right, except last week Dak is diving head first after a scramble up the middle. And later in the Bengals game he holds on to the ball and scrambles out to avoid iloka, but doesn't throw it away, he runs for it. Then the very next play he scrambles out and again doesn't throw it away while under pressure. He finds Twill for a TD. 

Dak has proven before and after the play in question that he isn't just going to throw the ball away. Especially while not under pressure at all. 

It was 3rd down. In preseason. He wasn't under pressure, and has shown a reluctance to throw the ball away even under more pressure.

He wasn't simply throwing it away.

I think it's probably more accurate to say that he realized he was making the wrong read mid throw and tried to adjust. It's just hard to tell because he does have accuracy issues. But either way it wasn't a good play by Dak. It was a bad one.

18 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I love Rico's potential. But if the guy still has no idea what a route is - this isn't the team for him. He belongs in GB.

Don't force him to be a full time player right now. He adds something to this offense that no one else on the roster does.

Simplify it for him. Bring him into the red zone and certain packages. He stresses the defense. I honestly can't believe they are probably going to cut him. 

Archived