Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I just saw that last drop. I was away for a bit. Has that been a common theme this game? On a side note, it looks like Joe Williams has been working on his hands from what ive seen.

He's just been really quiet. He's had three  targets (he was the intended target on a beathard pass batted down at the line), and then that drop. Hasn't created a lot of opportunities.  Just quiet with the one drop. It's not an awful game or anything, just not a good one. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Mullens might get two drives now. Jesus. 

If Beathard is still in I'm going to scream. 

This is funny to me because we were calling for Beathard after a few drives of Hoyer last year in preseason. Funny how things change. I will say this, CJ has a long way to go, but he’s one of the toughest SOBs I’ve seen in a while. I have a ton of respect for the beating he took last year; although much of it was probably his own doing.

This is funny to me because we were calling for Beathard after a few drives of Hoyer last year in preseason. Funny how things change. I will say this, CJ has a long way to go, but he’s one of the toughest SOBs I’ve seen in a while. I have a ton of respect for the beating he took last year; although much of it was probably his own doing.

Well yeah, because Hoyer was bad and CJ was an unknown. Sometimes, you'd rather have an unknown in there even if he's a rookie. CJ has just seems to have gotten worse.

And like Forge said, if the best thing you can say about a quarterback is that he's tough, it's time to find a new quarterback. He can take a beating. Cool. Can he throw a football? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's just been really quiet. He's had three  targets (he was the intended target on a beathard pass batted down at the line), and then that drop. Hasn't created a lot of opportunities.  Just quiet with the one drop. It's not an awful game or anything, just not a good one. 

I really hope it doesn’t come down to him vs Bourne because I really like them both. I think Mostert is the better STer than Burbridge anyway and hopefully that allows us to keep KB and James.

Some very alarming numbers out of the game - 

Penalties - 14/135

Rushing yards outside of CJ scrambles - 18 attempts, 41 yards. 

Sacks against one of the worst offensive lines in football - 0, only 2 quarterback hits and 1 tackle for loss. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well yeah, because Hoyer was bad and CJ was an unknown. Sometimes, you'd rather have an unknown in there even if he's a rookie. CJ has just seems to have gotten worse.

And like Forge said, if the best thing you can say about a quarterback is that he's tough, it's time to find a new quarterback. He can take a beating. Cool. Can he throw a football? 

I don’t disagree at all. We are screwed if CJ has to play. I Just think it’s funny looking back. Remember when JT O’Sullivan had a couple of serviceable games?

I don’t disagree at all. We are screwed if CJ has to play. I Just think it’s funny looking back. Remember when JT O’Sullivan had a couple of serviceable games?

And Shaun Hill. 

And of course...Troy Smith. 

Archived