PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

The main issue is we are only hearing one side of this. Outside that I really don't care anymore.

using old stats and injury year is manipulation of player value but it is what it is.

Why haven't we heard from other side? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

No because it’s not that simple. ^ I’ll be straight with you man, the trade looks sketchy as hell. You cannot use stats from 4 years ago to justify a trade. Even using stats from 2 years ago. This is a dynasty league, look to the future. Lamar is 27 and just came off an MVP season. Geno might not even start this year and he’s what, 32? 

Geno turns 34 in October. Seattle is beginning to actively look toward the future at the position and would have done so this draft if they could have swung it. I can't imagine he's going to be their long term answer beyond the draft next year and playing out his contract that ends in two seasons. He's roughly 7 years older than Lamar, and if he's balancing out Lamar's value here in a long term dynasty league... I just don't see it. 

Ty Chandler was added for a handful of FAAB. I would have added him, but I was broke so the claim didn't go through. He could have been picked up by literally anyone else for something like $5, but too many people were checked out. A handful of months later he's the star value back in a Lamar Jackson deal? If not, then soon to be 34 year old Geno is? I think people are having a really hard time with the reigning MVP moving for that. 

The trade just feels weird. The lack of a response from the other side of the deal feels weird. The fact that the team giving up Lamar for a #2 RB doesn't reply to other offers, many of which would have given him a #2 RB for a fraction of the cost here feels weird. The fact that drafting a rookie QB to replace Lamar at 1.11 is the plan to swing adding Ty Chandler feels weird. 

That, coupled with the lack of allowing the league to vote on recent changes/issues coupled with attempts at making sweeping changes without league consent, among other actions taken has led to several people reaching out to me via PM and expressing their interest in leaving the league if this stands as is. It's the totality of this trade with recent actions that have been taken by leadership that has really soured several people, and that's extremely unfortunate. 

I absolutely detest leagues with a veto system. I think it incentivizes people to veto everything that doesn't help their team get better, but I also understand how some of you guys feel right now about this. 

If It were me, I would just adjust the 3rd to a 1st round pick. I think that would go a long way into calming things down, but either way, the league rules literally sate that we have to confirm trades in the league thread. This league is on a forum website, where we talk and interact on a forum. We all need to keep doing that. 

16 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Does everyone want me to Veto the trade?

You can do an official vote (sleeper might even let you make polls? I don't know) but I would say the overwhelming majority would say yes. You will probably find some that don't care, but if you read the last 50-some posts in this thread I think you can get the vibe. 

Yes, a couple don't care. I don't like trades needing to get a veto myself. But there people willing to walk over this, if that matters to you or anyone else. 

Everyone is also wondering where @LionsRockis in all of this if you have an answer. 

Edited by Lions017

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

But there people willing to walk over this, if that matters to you or anyone else. 

If they're willing to walk because they think it's collusion: that's a good reason.

If they're willing to walk because they think it's a bad trade: good. Leave. Bad trades happen. There's nothing worse than playing with people that think they should be able to dictate the actions of others. And, for these people, if it's not this trade, there will always be a trade down the road where they threaten to quit unless they get their way. (This is not directed at anyone specifically.)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If they're willing to walk because they think it's collusion: that's a good reason.

If they're willing to walk because they think it's a bad trade: good. Leave. Bad trades happen. There's nothing worse than playing with people that think they should be able to dictate the actions of others. And, for these people, if it's not this trade, there will always be a trade down the road where they threaten to quit unless they get their way. (This is not directed at anyone specifically.)

I get what you're saying, and I think that the answer is that people think that this trade is just so incredibly bad that there MUST be some kind of other motivating factor, i.e. something between family or collusion. The other explanations don't seem to add up. There's a difference to me between "Wow, I wouldn't have made that trade" or "so and so really got ripped off there" and "how is that even a real trade?" or "are those two brothers in kahoots with another?"

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

I've dug into the whole standings and competitiveness of both rosters. 

I do not see collusion over the years. 

However one owner won't comment on the trade and that is the one sticking point.

Thats all it would take to clear it up 

Just now, Lions017 said:

I get what you're saying, and I think that the answer is that people think that this trade is just so incredibly bad that there MUST be some kind of other motivating factor, i.e. something between family or collusion. The other explanations don't seem to add up. There's a difference to me between "Wow, I wouldn't have made that trade" or "so and so really got ripped off there" and "how is that even a real trade?" or "are those two brothers in kahoots with another?"

And that's more than fair. I guess, if you think those other factors are at play here, you'd be opposed to this deal standing.

For me, I can see a world where Lamar gets hurt (again), Aaron Jones gets hurt (again) and Ty Chandler emerges as a solid RB option. Still a good trade? Probably not, but those outcomes aren't impossible. Just seems like a bad trade.

2 hours ago, Irish Ninja said:

I’m impartial, I don’t thinks it’s a robbery or warrants a vote on my part. 

I'm looking forward to being able to get you to finally trade me Burrow or Herbert. 

I'll be offering Aaron Rodgers, 3.07, and Dameon Pierce. 

Should be plenty of ammo there, right? 

Feel free to confirm when you accept. 🤣

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1