PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Rivalry born! 😁

I always kinda thought we did it offline so it could take as long as it takes. I get antsy when I'm getting close but we've literally never had drafting actually become a problem in the 10+ year history of the league. We always kinda snipe about it but the draft has always gotten done with plenty of time.

In fact, some people always seem to take a really long time to pick (maybe intentionally?) so that they can get a little more info from camp.

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t have time for BS. You were rude…I called you out in it. Let’s move on

I genuinely hope you treat your patients with more respect than you're displaying here in a fantasy football league thread.

Suggesting a vote for time slots is hardly rude. This isn't a you problem. It comes up every year. Several people are going to be on vacation this year mid draft, other people have jobs, etc. I don't care if people take a while to pick, but removing the mystery of when the next few guys is up rather than having to continually guess when they're going to be on the clock gets old fast. The rest of us have jobs and lives as well. Other people have lives outside of your reality, my reality, etc. 

This wasn't an attack on you whatsoever. No need to be so defensive and abrasive over a simple time slot vote. 

Just move the draft earlier in the year like the vast majority of dynasty leagues and the wait won’t matter as much… 

It has been fine so far. We always finish in time. It is nice to let people know or make arrangements if you know you’ll be gone for an upcoming pick though. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Rivalry born! 😁

I always kinda thought we did it offline so it could take as long as it takes. I get antsy when I'm getting close but we've literally never had drafting actually become a problem in the 10+ year history of the league. We always kinda snipe about it but the draft has always gotten done with plenty of time.

In fact, some people always seem to take a really long time to pick (maybe intentionally?) so that they can get a little more info from camp.

I'm really not a huge fan of time slots. I sort of like the idea of them being loose just to keep things moving. In other leagues it seemed to work well. On the other hand, I absolutely enjoy the draft taking a while. Probably more than most. I also strongly prefer the draft to stay where it is on the calendar.

It just removes the guesswork. This isn't a shot at anyone. My job is extremely demanding of my time and requires me to work nights quite a bit due to deadlines. It keeps ME honest just as much if not more than others. I could easily fall asleep at the wrong time and have it be a major issue for everyone else. I don't care if people take a long time to pick. 

I simply think it's something that's worth a conversation when its time to vote again. That's literally it. This is a forum where before today everyone got along, respected each other and considered each other friends. My mistake for thinking that could continue, I guess. 

1 hour ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I'm really not a huge fan of time slots. I sort of like the idea of them being loose just to keep things moving. In other leagues it seemed to work well. On the other hand, I absolutely enjoy the draft taking a while. Probably more than most. I also strongly prefer the draft to stay where it is on the calendar.

I simply think it's something that's worth a conversation when its time to vote again. That's literally it. This is a forum where before today everyone got along, respected each other and considered each other friends. My mistake for thinking that could continue, I guess. 

I remember sometimes that we'll institute 24 hour slots. I've always been good with that.

• Like 1

Personalty I enjoy seeing the draft unfold. In the long long past the draft took about 3+ wks using the same rules. More recently they've been taking 2 wk's to complete. This year were on pace to beat that timeline.  

I remember back to back 24 hour pk's several times in the draft back in the day, but we have a good dedicated group of GM's in the league today.

It really comes down to having fun, & respecting each other's time, on & off the clock. We all live biz lives some days are worse than others...... let's enjoy FF & each other's love of the game. Life is to short not to have fun! 😎

Just a refresher on the drafting rules:

Post your draft pick when your on the clock, use the discussion thread to crow about your pick or heckle the guy on who he picked. 
https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/1195-phreaks-dynasty-league-discussion-thread/

Everyone has up to 24 hours to make their pick or trade. 

It's encouraged and good etiquette not to take the full 24 if you can. 

Please indicate the draft slot being drafted, Example: (1.13 ) QB Tim Tebow (this will help me update the draft board) 
(King's Pride takes Tebow every year) http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif 

After your pick, always PM the team drafting or mention the next person on the list behind you to let them know there on the clock. 

If you go past the 24 hours the next Owner can draft. 

If you missed your 24 hour window, you can pick your player anytime. Make sure you indicate your draft slot (1.14) to eliminate confusion 

If you're draft pk is skipped, you will have no right to the current clock for your next draft pk(s) will also be skipped until the past draft pk(s) are filled.

• Like 2

Happy to get some 2024 draft capital.  The CMC trade i ate a bit in and landed 2.14.  So to get some future 2024 value there helps me feel less worse about that deal.

1st

2nd

2nd

4th

4th

5th

Still will consider upgrading 2024 draft value.

Mostert and Gesicki probably best guys i would move.  Maybe Mac Jones.