11 hours ago, Raves said:

10 Man Yahoo League:  QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/(WR/RB/TE)/K/DEF

QB:  Tom Brady/Jared Goff

RB:  Alvin Kamara/Jordan Howard/Marshawn Lynch/LeSean McCoy

WR:  Julio Jones/Demaryius Thomas/Devin Funchess/Cameron Meredith

TE:  Kyle Rudolph/Jared Cook/OJ Howard

K:  Robbie Gould

DEF:  Saints

I'd definitely drop a TE for another WR. Not that your WRs are bad but you certainly don't need 3 TEs. Your RBs are great. I'm not a big believer in Shady McCoy but damn if he was my #3 and I had Julio, I'd get over that quickly

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Just had my last draft, really not a fan.  12 team PPR

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: LeSean McCoy
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Josh Gordon
TE: Ricky Seals-Jones
Flex: Tevin Coleman

BN: Melvin Ingram
BN: Tarik Cohen
BN: Rashad Penny
BN: Allen Hurns
BN: DJ Moore
BN: CJ Anderson
BN: Calvin Ridley

It just felt like I was off by one pick every round.  I was so close to having Gordon/McCaffrey/Fitz/Landry which I would have been so much happier with.  

Interesting you have a flex with 5 RB/WRs starting too. I think its okay. Some potential with the WRs. You a big RSJ fan? Because he isn't a Top-15 TE to me so surprised there. I assume Melvin Ingram is really Mark?. If Luck is good to go, you have potential

On 9/4/2018 at 8:00 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Last minute family money league: 10 teams non-PPR I had pick 5. Was sort of upset because I felt pigeon-holed to take AB so I did but I got lucky that Gordon fell to 16 and then Howard to 25. Standard lineup, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR  1Flex, TE

QB: Cam Newton & Jared Goff

RB: Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, Royce Freeman, Mark Ingram, Aaron Jones

WR: Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Alshon Jeffrey, Cooper Kupp, Keelan Cole

TE: Jack Doyle & Trey Burton

I am very excited about this draft. A few times I found myself loving 1 RB at the spot and like 6-8 WRs so I was able to take the RB and still get my WR the next round. TE is definitely a weakness but once the top-8 were taken it was kind of a crapshoot. I didn't want to take a QB this early but Cam was sliding and I have him rated highly enough. Smaller leagues I'd rather have 2 very good QBs/TEs since I feel like my bench will be very strong throughout the year and I don't really need a 4th/5th RB/WR option to consider starting. I took some risks at WR knowing that AB was a must-start no matter what so I rolled with the potential of Gordon/Jeffrey and thought Kupp's matchup vs Oakland was plenty good to roll with as a starter if Gordon & Alshon cant go. Not a big fan of Doyle & Burton really but all the other remotely decent TEs were gone and figured since I technically can start both albeit unlikely, I love my Top-4 RB/WRs and this isn't a league that trades much

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on mine. 

I'm a fan of drafting/rostering 2QBs and you have 2 solid ones IMO. Interested to see if Goff can pick up where he left off. Norv Turner in Carolina will be interesting. A lot feel he had the square-peg, round-hole mentality when he was in MIN. Hopefully the OL can afford him time with all the 7-step drops he'll be taking. 

Can't believe you got Howard in the 3rd! His value sky-rockets in non-PPR IMO. I like Gordon and think Ingram will come back down to earth a little but still a solid player. Very intrigued by both Freeman and Jones, good gets there.

Hard to argue drafting the best WR, curious as to what RBs were available at 5? I want Gordon to do well and stay clean, he's such a talent. How long is Alshon supposed to be out? A lot of mouths in LA but I like Kupp and he had a very solid rookie campaign and has some momentum to build on. A lot of targets up for grabs in JAX with Cole.

I share your thoughts on the TEs but I think Burton does have some potential, it will all depend on Trubisky. Good luck this year!

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting you have a flex with 5 RB/WRs starting too. I think its okay. Some potential with the WRs. You a big RSJ fan? Because he isn't a Top-15 TE to me so surprised there. I assume Melvin Ingram is really Mark?. If Luck is good to go, you have potential

Once I missed out on Burton I just really didn't care for any of the TEs and knew I'd end up streaming and took WRs/RBs the rest of the way.  RSJ has big time potential I think, pretty low floor though.  And yeah that's Mark, he should be a nice flex addition if I can make it to week 5. 

7 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

10 team standard scoring 6th pick

QB- Brees, Luck

RB- Fournette, Gordon, A. Collins, R. Freeman, P. Barber, James Connor

WR- Hilton, Diggs, Watkins, Garçon, Jeffrey

TE- Burton

Def- Denver, Dallas

K- Prater

Fournette and Gordon is a great start and Royce/Collins provide strong flex play all year while Barber/Connor have great value early on. I'm not a big fan of Hilton but he has potential. If Jeffrey is healthy, he, Hilton and Diggs will provide a good trio but with those RBs you might not need 3

3 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

12 team 6 PT passing TD, standard scoring (no PPR)

QB: Wilson, Winston

RB: D. Johnson, Fournette, J. Williams, K. Johnson, Penny, Gilislee

WR: Diggs, Baldwin, Hogan, Davis, Cole, J. Brown

TE: Burton, Kittle

D/ST: Chargers

K: Prater

I don't know if James is worth keeping right now. . DJ and Fournette is an unbelievable duo even if its a PPR league(for Fournette's sake). Diggs, Baldwin and Hogan will be a great trio for you

9 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

No idea how you managed DJ and Fournette, but that's a great start right there. Don't love the depth unless Williams breaks out (not a fan of Johnson / Penny), so you may struggle a little on the by weeks, but that's only two weeks. I'd like your receivers a little more in a PPR league, to be honest, but they are guys who are all going to have reasonably high floors, which I Like. You should get excellent value out of Hogan early on as well and if Davis pans out, he could have a really big season and get you a ton of value. 

Burton and Kittle is a very good upside rotation and I like that pairing. You took TE fairly low and I think you got two guys that could generate legitimate top 7 type TE seasons if things break right. 

I don't love the quarterback pairing, I will admit. If only because Wilson is a very well known slow starter and you can't match up play him if does it again because Winston is suspended lol. But that's a very minor quibble. This team is going to score some points. 

15 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I would drop Winston. No need to carry 2 QBs. Wilson should never be removed from your line up until JD bye week. For that week just pick up the best possible play for QB. 

12 team league. I was picking 12th

6pt passing TD 1ppr everything else standard  

QB Newton

RB1 Drake

RB2 Hyde

WR 1 OBJ

WR2 Julio

TE Burton

Flex T Hill

K Zuerlien

Def Jags

BENCH:

-Penny

-Keron Johnson

-Gio Bernard 

-Anthony Miller

-Nick Chubb

-Ballage

-Mike Williams

I was hoping Julio would go higher in the draft so a top tier back would fall but it didn’t happen. So with pick 12 and 13 I went JJ and OBJ. Thought process was, if I can get top tier RBs, might as well get the #2 and #3 overall WRs. (Worked great last night with Jones getting me 28pts). 3rd/4th pick I wanted to go RB/RB but outside of Drake, there were no other RBs I trusted or liked enough. So I took Drake and Tyreke Hill. I was targetting Kelce with one of those two picks but he went 2spots before. With 5th/6th, I went with Newton and Carlos Hyde. 61st pick was a little early for Hyde IMO but with my next pick being 84, I took him cause there was no way he would fall. I know with WRs like OBJ, JJ, and Hill I won’t be pulling those guys. They are must starts IMO, so I didn’t really target any more WRs really. I tried to target more RBs and more sleeper RBs. Because that is where I’ll need the most help. I do like the sleeper WRs I got who could be studs. 

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I don't know if James is worth keeping right now. . DJ and Fournette is an unbelievable duo even if its a PPR league(for Fournette's sake). Diggs, Baldwin and Hogan will be a great trio for you

Thank you with 18 man rosters in a 12 team league the wire is very thin. It is standard scoring. Winston plays the browns for Wilson's bye, but he or Gilislee will be the first to go for waiver time next week. Also 10 transaction limit for the whole season so sometimes makes sense to carry 2 TE, 2 QB otherwise you're guaranteed to use 1 transaction for bye weeks of K, D/ST, QB and TE.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

No idea how you managed DJ and Fournette, but that's a great start right there. Don't love the depth unless Williams breaks out (not a fan of Johnson / Penny), so you may struggle a little on the by weeks, but that's only two weeks. I'd like your receivers a little more in a PPR league, to be honest, but they are guys who are all going to have reasonably high floors, which I Like. You should get excellent value out of Hogan early on as well and if Davis pans out, he could have a really big season and get you a ton of value. 

Burton and Kittle is a very good upside rotation and I like that pairing. You took TE fairly low and I think you got two guys that could generate legitimate top 7 type TE seasons if things break right. 

I don't love the quarterback pairing, I will admit. If only because Wilson is a very well known slow starter and you can't match up play him if does it again because Winston is suspended lol. But that's a very minor quibble. This team is going to score some points. 

Thank you! Makes sense on the QB pairing, I just like Winston this year and with 18 man rosters in a 12 team league the wire is very thin.  Winston plays the browns for Wilson's bye, but he or Gilislee will be the first to go for waiver time next week. Also 10 transaction limit for the whole season so sometimes makes sense to carry 2 TE, 2 QB otherwise you're guaranteed to use 1 transaction for bye weeks of K, D/ST, QB and TE.

DJ slipped to #8 (Bell/Zeke/Gurley/Julio/OBJ/Kamara/Barkley 1-7) I had DJ #2 pre-draft so a great deal for me.

I'm banking one of Penny or KJohnson breakout, I'm not the biggest fan, but the potential is there.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would drop Winston. No need to carry 2 QBs. Wilson should never be removed from your line up until JD bye week. For that week just pick up the best possible play for QB. 

18 man rosters in a 12 team league the wire is very thin.  Winston plays the browns for Wilson's bye, but he or Gilislee will be the first to go for waiver time next week. Also 10 transaction limit for the whole season so sometimes makes sense to carry 2 TE, 2 QB otherwise you're guaranteed to use 1 transaction for bye weeks of K, D/ST, QB and TE.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

12 team league. I was picking 12th

6pt passing TD 1ppr everything else standard  

QB Newton

RB1 Drake

RB2 Hyde

WR 1 OBJ

WR2 Julio

TE Burton

Flex T Hill

K Zuerlien

Def Jags

BENCH:

-Penny

-Keron Johnson

-Gio Bernard 

-Anthony Miller

-Nick Chubb

-Ballage

-Mike Williams

I was hoping Julio would go higher in the draft so a top tier back would fall but it didn’t happen. So with pick 12 and 13 I went JJ and OBJ. Thought process was, if I can get top tier RBs, might as well get the #2 and #3 overall WRs. (Worked great last night with Jones getting me 28pts). 3rd/4th pick I wanted to go RB/RB but outside of Drake, there were no other RBs I trusted or liked enough. So I took Drake and Tyreke Hill. I was targetting Kelce with one of those two picks but he went 2spots before. With 5th/6th, I went with Newton and Carlos Hyde. 61st pick was a little early for Hyde IMO but with my next pick being 84, I took him cause there was no way he would fall. I know with WRs like OBJ, JJ, and Hill I won’t be pulling those guys. They are must starts IMO, so I didn’t really target any more WRs really. I tried to target more RBs and more sleeper RBs. Because that is where I’ll need the most help. I do like the sleeper WRs I got who could be studs. 

This is a good draft, I'm not big on zero RB type plays this year, but you didn't have a lot of choice. You will do well if Johnson/Chubb/Ballage pop, but could struggle with depth at RB otherwise. I'm not big on Gio this year, but in full PPR it's an okay pickup. Depending how the Bengals offense looks this weekend he could be a roster clogger, but he does have a decent PPR floor in case catastrophe hits that position group for you.

Archived