Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I remember about a year ago some around here made excuses and apologized for Vance Joseph when his history of violence against women came to light. Now, some of the same people castigate Reuben Foster for the same despicable transgressions. Only difference? Foster's transgressions make drafting the meathead look like a wise decision. 

36 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I remember about a year ago some around here made excuses and apologized for Vance Joseph when his history of violence against women came to light. Now, some of the same people castigate Reuben Foster for the same despicable transgressions. Only difference? Foster's transgressions make drafting the meathead look like a wise decision. 

I get a kick out of ya AAA. Trust me here. All it takes is a bit of patience and the "meathead" will start looking really good, even to you.

He was always a better pick than Foster.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm not sure if you are eluding to me. We all know my first choice was Mcvay, followed by Shanny.  Once Joseph got hired I along with most got on board. 

The Miami defense sucked with Vance like you said that's a red flag. I thought their cupboard was bare but it falls on Vance more than I first fault. I feel like every position has regressed or remained stagnant under Vance. Which shows you how good elway is. That Peko signing improved our only unit run d.

Like I said no secret elway trusts the dline coach.

We all know hindsight is 20-20 especially when it comes to drafting. I know I posted about it earlier in the year when Foster was arrested and charged with possession and that was a big red flag. Oh well, sucks for the 9ers. We made our draft selection and they made theirs, in two more years we'll see who the better pick was in terms of playing and being in the league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

We all know hindsight is 20-20 especially when it comes to drafting. I know I posted about it earlier in the year when Foster was arrested and charged with possession and that was a big red flag. Oh well, sucks for the 9ers. We made our draft selection and they made theirs, in two more years we'll see who the better pick was in terms of playing and being in the league.

How much money do teams in the league pay collectively on the whole draft process of evaluating players? And foster was a consensus top 10 pick from the number 1 program in the country.  He was the best player on that Alabama team. 

Yet people get shocked when a guy like that drops.

10 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm not connecting the dots. His coaching abilities should not be tied to a past 'story'. Why do you have a horse in this race?

Fyi there is a difference between allegedly sexually assaulting/harassing women and being arrested for domestic violence. Not that either one is remotely acceptable, but Vance wasn't ever charged and for the most part seems like the only time he's ever been in trouble.

Foster has been arrested a few times now and has been an idiot dating back to HS so it's nothing really that shocking.

19 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

With coaches it's different like the Ole miss coach. He got caught getting hookers on a school issued cell phone. A year later he is the oc for Alabama and will be a HC again.

Coaches get 4th chances unless you Jerry Sandusky someone.  Players don't see Aldon Smith. Or Josh Gordon

Edited by thebestever6

9 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

"According to the police report, the woman said Joseph bought them drinks, and that they then went back to a house, where she said they continued to drink, and where they also smoked marijuana."

I see a lack of credibility all around and since no charges were filed it's a one timer. One timers usually get chalked up to anomaly or false accusation,

"The woman said she did not want to press charges because she was "fine and could handle herself." But she said she thought Joseph should lose his job over the incident and was happy there was a sexual harassment investigation into Joseph."

The whole thing stinks, but I don't believe there have been further accusations against him...that's telling.

I have no issues creating a VJ is a terrible head coach thread, but I think this should be kept out of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

"According to the police report, the woman said Joseph bought them drinks, and that they then went back to a house, where she said they continued to drink, and where they also smoked marijuana."

I see a lack of credibility all around and since no charges were filed it's a one timer. One timers usually get chalked up to anomaly or false accusation,

"The woman said she did not want to press charges because she was "fine and could handle herself." But she said she thought Joseph should lose his job over the incident and was happy there was a sexual harassment investigation into Joseph."

The whole thing stinks, but I don't believe there have been further accusations against him...that's telling.

I have no issues creating a VJ is a terrible head coach thread, but I think this should be kept out of it.

Read the full article again there was a second incident with two trainers.  

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Read the full article again there was a second incident with two trainers.  

And you along with AAA are missing the point. While it’s inexcusiable that he did those things it’s not quite the same as domestic violence. 

And we also heavily discussed this a year ago when he was hired it has exactly nothing to do with Reuben Foster. If it ever comes up that Vance got charged then that’s another discussion. 

29 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

And you along with AAA are missing the point. While it’s inexcusiable that he did those things it’s not quite the same as domestic violence. 

And we also heavily discussed this a year ago when he was hired it has exactly nothing to do with Reuben Foster. If it ever comes up that Vance got charged then that’s another discussion. 

I agree completley it's irrelevant  to him as a coach. Just like Peyton Manning and that stuff at Tenn has nothing to do with him as a qb.