Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

47 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think Lamar is 21...but yeah. I mean he almost beat KC in Arrowhead. Definitely not great as a passer yet, but he has the talent and will be developing. Would be extremely exciting if he was on our team moving forward. But not an Elway guy...

I just don't know why he wasn't an Elway  guy I've watched him in games and no longer worry about durability.  Qbs are so protected in the pocket and whenever he scrambles I never see him take that dumb rg3 rookie year hit. 

I agree has ways to go as a passer , but he's not as terrible passing as I thought.  He's gonna be an extremely good value for the 32nd pick imo. I would have love to seen him as our qb rather than Keenum. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Broncos to work our reigning CFL MVP Bo Levi Mitchell. I’d be happy with a Jeff Garcia type. At this point. http://3downnation.com/2018/12/11/bo-levi-mitchell-works-out-for-denver-broncos/

Honestly, if that prevents us from a horrible Rd1 reach for a QB who really should be Rd2-3, sign me up.    He's probably no better than advertised as a flyer pickup, as the CFL game is really, really different in what you need to succeed as a QB (and facing a pass rush that has to start 1 yard off the ball, and a field that's much wider, and a 25-yard end zone).   There's a reason why Warren Moon & Doug Flutie were the only modern era QB's to make the jump.   But yeah, sign me up, given the cost.

FWIW, the other CFL guy to work out is the Ottawa Redblacks rookie K Lewis Ward - after missing his 1st FG....51 straight FG's, and often in high pressure situations (tight games).   Nothing against McManus, but getting that guy at min wage, well every little bit helps in today's cap world.

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I just don't know why he wasn't an Elway  guy I've watched him in games and no longer worry about durability.  Qbs are so protected in the pocket and whenever he scrambles I never see him take that dumb rg3 rookie year hit. 

I agree has ways to go as a passer , but he's not as terrible passing as I thought.  He's gonna be an extremely good value for the 32nd pick imo. I would have love to seen him as our qb rather than Keenum. 

Agreed man. Elway guys are bad QBs lol 

54 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Agreed man. Elway guys are bad QBs lol 

I'll give credit where it's due - like @Counselor probably has a pic of shirtless Baker over his bed, you pimped Lamar hard.   After much consideration, I thought a late 1st was a sound investment too, but you definitely planted the flag early there lol.   Lamar still needs some time, though, but it does look like the investment will pay off.

I imagine both JAX & NE probably regret passing on him (NE can't really predict injury to their OL, but man, JAX not going Lamar is going to sting for a while for them).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I'll give credit where it's due - like @Counselor probably has a pic of shirtless Baker over his bed, you pimped Lamar hard.   After much consideration, I thought a late 1st was a sound investment too, but you definitely planted the flag early there lol.   Lamar still needs some time, though, but it does look like the investment will pay off.

I imagine both JAX & NE probably regret passing on him (NE can't really predict injury to their OL, but man, JAX not going Lamar is going to sting for a while for them).

It would be pretty impressive if he ends up leading the Ravens to the playoffs. Like @thebestever6 said, he really doesn't take hits. Very promising as far as having a long term impact 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Bradley Chubb has not been getting enough love in the national media, that's for sure.

Is he really not gonna win DROY ? 

Chubb's probably not even finishing top 3 - the leading guy is probably Derwin James.  He's been an elite Ronnie-Lott level defender.    The next Lott/Earl Thomas.    His play has been spectacular, both in run support, coverage, and even as a blitzer.  Total 3-way weapon, which is rare for a safety.  

Chubb's done nothing wrong, but he's going to be seen as a guy who's 2nd best on his team in what he does.   That will hurt him perception wise, and to be fair, it's a valid point - guys like Ward & James & Darius Leonard, they're the focal points of their unit, where Chubb is the Robin to Von's Batman.  

FWIW, if I were to place a bet, it would Derwin James, LVE, Darius Leonard, then Chubb & Ward.   It's just been a really good year for impact rookies.     Very few drafts can have 5 guys who have had similar impacts year 1.    In reality, LVE is probably not even deserving of being top 3, but DAL playing as many prime time games, it's increased his exposure.   Leonard is the guy probably getting the least recognition.

Edited by Broncofan

How has Billy Turner been for you guys this year? From what I can find, it sounds like he's had a nice year all across the line for you guys. Green Bay is in need of help at a spot or two on the line, and im curious if he is a quality player to target and fill a need

Whyd arizona bench Rosen I mean I'm sure he had a bad game but benching him is doing nothing to instill confidence in their future franchise qb they hope. 

Is it possible they might already thinking about moving on from him? They are in good shape for the number 1 pick. Herbert might have more mobility behind that oline. Rosen still has some type of value given the hype around last year's qb class being superior to this one as a whole.

I just don't get benching your guy  this late in the season and you're out of it.