Preseason Game III : Titans @ Steelers (8/25 4 PM EST kickoff)

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

VWill with his tradition untouched sack with a whole lot of ghosting followed by people on twitter calling him “really damn good”.

as long as he keeps doing this, it should help. The D looked much better, but that could be the result of who they were playing. One thing we know is that the titans OL is really good, yet the D owned them so that is a improvement. 

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

as long as he keeps doing this, it should help. The D looked much better, but that could be the result of who they were playing. One thing we know is that the titans OL is really good, yet the D owned them so that is a improvement. 

Not really.  He's really only good on the run free blitz.  That doesn't help.

7 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

My theory is that Ben hates his guts. And remembers that hit he took last pre-season when James blew his assignment in the third game.

Or Ben has almost always been wildly inaccurate in throwing high to a player.

I’m really starting to drink the Matthew Thomas koolaid. He looks super raw but his athleticism and talent are undeniable. He got some run with the starters yesterday and didn’t look lost. I’m hoping he starts earning more and more time as the season progresses. He could be a real weapon by the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

At least he can get through the block of a RB. Also, what ILB are great technical pass rushers? They all get their sacks from free rushes up the middle. 

He doesn’t do anything else you expect from a ILB. Problem. This isn’t about what you went with. It’s about that’s one of the few positives he brings. 

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Chickillo is only making this team because of the lack of depth at OLB.  He has shown nothing in preseason.  Adams and Adeniyi have shown so much more.  i hope it is Chick's last season as a Steeler.

Id really like to see chickillo not make the roster.

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

Not really.  He's really only good on the run free blitz.  That doesn't help.

It can help sometimes, but I agree, It isn't consistent help without consequences. Same applies to dupree, he can't get pressure vs a legit OT but if they scheme and blitzwith him, he can get stats. They problem is, that creates other weaknesses  on D. Don't get too carries away about all this, I expect the legit QB's and OC's to exploit this and expect results more along the lines of the packers game for example.

@wwhickok  I have thought all preseason that if Chickillo doesn't play better than the other OLB's then he will get cut IF the other OLB's show some more pass rush ability and especially if an ILB does the same. For ST,  while important,  they could cut Chickillo if others are capable and I wouldn't be shocked now that I have some decent play from Adeniyi, Adams and Fort.  I know they really like Matakevich, but Fort could replace him as well. Will they keep 5 OLB though, because if they do, then Chickillo stays.

From what I have seen, the roster has a few battles going on for the last roster spot. I just hope the team  does what eventually turns out as the right decision.  I don't see us trading Bell , dup[ree and RD1 pick for Mack either. 

12 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

My theory is that Ben hates his guts. And remembers that hit he took last pre-season when James blew his assignment in the third game.

Ben took many hits for the team over the years, it's no reason to throw the ball away and resort to this. If ben plays games like this, it would make sense then that he does this other times as well, maybe a reason this team is so stacked on offence and can't afford the parts on D in a few areas

Archived