2018 53-Man Roster Projections and Discussion

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

BSN is trash. Like literally I don't understand why people follow their coverage. As to this idea, I don't hate it, but it's not great. Fullbacks are battering rams, minor tweaks to a shoulder, knee, ankle whatever and your ST are screwed. 

Are you more of an MHR guy? 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Are you more of an MHR guy? 

I'm not a huge fan of either. BSN puts out decent articles but their videos and podcasts just aren't good. Ryan is a good writer, and he should stick to that, because off the cuff he's not very funny, knowledgeable or fluid. 

I mainly have a few different follows on Twitter for Broncos news and editorials, but for the most part I come here. I've been following this site since '04 and used to post on the old forum, but it's a far cry from where it used to be. 

48 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I'm not a huge fan of either. BSN puts out decent articles but their videos and podcasts just aren't good. Ryan is a good writer, and he should stick to that, because off the cuff he's not very funny, knowledgeable or fluid. 

I mainly have a few different follows on Twitter for Broncos news and editorials, but for the most part I come here. I've been following this site since '04 and used to post on the old forum, but it's a far cry from where it used to be. 

Yeah I don't listen to the Broncos podcast much. They are pretty bad. Their banter sucks lmao. BSN's Nuggets podcast is a lot better, although I like the Nuggets SB Nation site more for content and podcasts. I like the BSN coverage in general since the Post is dead and I do MHR. 

Welcome back to posting a bit. And yeah, way less activity than that range in like 08-11 

41 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Oversaturation of podcasts is a big problem lol. Everyone wants to sound like PFTCommenter and Big Cat, but 90% of these writers and analysts are so out of their element and really shouldn't even try to force the banter. 

Zero barrier of entry baby. We wanted to do something bc I felt like the Denver content was so weak, but yeah it's a really hard skill lol. We pretty much just pod for fun at this point. 

Well this is (almost) the conclusion to the Menelik Watson failed experiment. 

Why almost?  Well the ONLY hopeful addition to this chapter - anyone who signs Watson, we get whatever he's signed to back to our cap (offset clause).  Now, it's not likely to be more than the vet min (or maybe 1M I suppose)...but might as well get something back.

Elway's inability to develop OL internally really bit us hard - had to pay up with a 2nd-year guarantee for injury for Watson, and then had to trade for Veldheer and pay the 7M on top of the 5.5M salary.   Hindsight is 20-20, but going after Whitworth would have been a far better idea (and was mentioned repeatedly in the past).  Oh well, hopefully we can get some $ back.

Well I have to say one of my earlier objections just went away.  McKenzie mercifully waived.  Totally useless on a team with 2 return guys and a limited gadget guy skill set (that C-Henderson already provides if he can't progress).  Such a waste to have picked 2 guys in the same draft with the same football skill set (only 1 was a KR and 1 was a PR - SMH).   I do give full credit to Elway for continuing to cut bait on the obvious mistakes and not compound the error.

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So McKenzie made it back to the PS...at the expense of Carlos Henderson.   Such a disastrous attempt to find the next Tyreke Hill clone x 2.   Oh well at least they cut bait early and didn’t compound the mistake. 

So confused as to why they didn't cut Henderson two weeks ago. Were they dissapointed after seeing him on the practice field the last couple weeks?

32 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

So confused as to why they didn't cut Henderson two weeks ago. Were they dissapointed after seeing him on the practice field the last couple weeks?

Sounds like it - I mean, he might literally be the very first Bronco in the last 2 seasons who didn't have a great week of practice.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Not really a surprise, we lost RB David Williams - with Lindsay/Freeman in the fold, and RB's so disposable, no way we were adding him to the roster.  

We'd never do it, but at this point I would rather dispose of Booker to be honest. We know what he is - the pure definition of below average NFL talent.

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

We'd never do it, but at this point I would rather dispose of Booker to be honest. We know what he is - the pure definition of below average NFL talent.

Yeah I hear you - but that would require Elway to say it’s all about the future.   Which we know he isn’t ready to do yet.   Honestly RB is so disposable I can’t really get worked up about this.  

Williams was always a curious pick given he’s really a 2-down hammer much like Freeman.   If we were believers in Freeman to spend the 71st overall it was weird to go back to Williams.    Lindsay was obv a great UDFA find but even moreso because he fit a different profile in the run/pass game.   It was only a 6th round pick so it’s hard to get too worked up, it just was very weird reasoning (I know he was also seen as a good pass blocker but again RB is such a disposable position it’s not like great RB blockers are at a premium to find on Day 3).  

Either way I wish him well, hopefully he can carve out a role on a team.  

Archived