Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

Posted (edited)

My question in regards to whether you think Williams will bust or not, is what is your definition of bust? 

I certainly don’t think Williams is going to fail like Trubisky or Fields, but I do think it’s more likely that he performs similar to Lincoln Riley’s other QBs, Mayfield and Murray. 

Murray and Mayfield are both still starters in the league, neither one is horrible. But neither one can be said to have lived up to the #1 overall pick billing. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

My question in regards to whether you think Williams will bust or not, is what is your definition of bust? 

I certainly don’t think Williams is going to fail like Trubisky or Fields, but I do think it’s more likely that he performs similar to Lincoln Riley’s other QBs, Mayfield and Murray. 

Murray and Mayfield are both still starters in the league, neither one is horrible. But neither one can be said to have lived up to the #1 overall pick billing. 

With all the hype he's had, anything less than a Top 3 QB by year 5 is probably a disappointment. But as far as "bust," if he ends up being a fringe Top 10 QB (like a Jared Goff), it's still hard to call him a bust. For me, a "bust" is a guy who isn't a starter in the league after his first contract.

• Like 3

I think he’s going to be very good. The question will be “is he as good as the hype?” If the answer is “yes,” then the Bears will own the division for a long, long time. Because he’s had a ton of hype. As much or more than Trevor Lawrence and Andrew Luck. 

Which brings up another question: based on their hype, are Lawrence and Luck disappointments? I’d say yes. But neither is a bust. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Which brings up another question: based on their hype, are Lawrence and Luck disappointments?

I’d say yes, so far, for Lawrence. Luck was exactly as advertised before injuries sapped his desire to play. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d say yes, so far, for Lawrence. Luck was exactly as advertised before injuries sapped his desire to play. 

With Andrew Luck, I say that he’s a disappointment because he didn’t really win anything, and he was never the top quarterback in the league. I think the hype had him as the second coming. I do think he might have lived up to the hype if he had continued playing though. There’s definitely still time for Lawrence. But I don’t think he’ll ever be in the conversation for Top 2 QB. 

On 5/25/2024 at 7:50 PM, wcblack34 said:

I think he’s going to be very good. The question will be “is he as good as the hype?” If the answer is “yes,” then the Bears will own the division for a long, long time. Because he’s had a ton of hype. As much or more than Trevor Lawrence and Andrew Luck. 

Which brings up another question: based on their hype, are Lawrence and Luck disappointments? I’d say yes. But neither is a bust. 

I don't think Caleb Williams' hype was anything close to Trevor Lawrence's.  And Lawrence has been a disappointment compared to what he was touted as.  He's been okay, but he was the next biggest thing.  Caleb Williams has been guaranteed to be the #1 pick for at least 2 years, but the hype surrounding him was nowhere near as large...likely because of East Coast bias. 

• Like 1

The Bears face an uphill climb when it comes to getting taxpayer money for a new stadium. In a keynote speech at the 120th annual meeting of the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, Bears CEO Kevin Warren tried to encourage the city’s business community to support the effort.

Via Crain’s Chicago Business, Warren tied the new stadium to the city’s future. After the session, Warren told reporters that “‘Chicago is our focus’ and ‘at some point in time we’ll get something worked out.’”

According to the Chicago Tribune, Warren “questioned the city’s outlook” without the stadium. He pointed out that Chicago has slipped in a ranking of the world’s best cities, with “high commercial vacancy and few cranes in the sky.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-ceo-kevin-warren-seeks-support-for-new-stadium-from-chicago-business-community

when strongarming doesn't work, turn to guilt. next comes begging.

DJ Moore said this ofseason that he and the other Bears wide receivers will be racing to be the first to get to 1,000 receiving yards this season, but one of his teammates has no intention of stopping there.

First-round pick Rome Odunze is aiming for at least 1,487 yards during his rookie season. That’s one more yard that Rams wideout Puka Nacua gained while setting the rookie record last season and Odunze said he has his sights set on Nacua — who also set the record for catches by a rookie — as he heads toward the regular season.

Odunze: “That rookie season record, I’m absolutely chasing that. Of course, I’m chasing those records and that’s important. I’ll hopefully leave the Bears organization better than I found it. If I have my name on some of those records, that’s just one facet of doing so.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rome-odunze-absolutely-chasing-puka-nacuas-rookie-receiving-records

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Atlanta passed up on free draft capital with a team who had just drafted a QB 7 picks earlier. 

Weird.

just trying to be helpful here, honest...

you might want to read more before you post something. because lately you're double posting things into a thread when it's already been posted in another thread.

this video of the Bears and Atlanta not coming to terms was posted in the Kwesi Cooking thread two hours before your post. and i think you've had two others in the last few days too, but i can't remember what topics.

those Viking ships could only hold so many Vikings, we don't want over crowding! lol

Edited by vike daddy

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

just trying to be helpful here, honest...

you might want to read more before you post something. because lately you're double posting things into a thread when it's already been posted in another thread.

this video of the Bears and Atlanta not coming to terms was posted in the Kwesi Cooking thread two hours before your post. and i think you've had two others in the last few days too, but i can't remember what topics.

those Viking ships could only hold so many Vikings, we don't want over crowding! lol

I didn't read through each thread, but for this specific post I noticed the Bears thread hadn't been updated since this information was released. That's why I posted it here.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I didn't read through each thread, but for this specific post I noticed the Bears thread hadn't been updated since this information was released. That's why I posted it here.

it's really more about Atlanta or Draft Day trading than it is about the Bears.

but regardless, we're asking you to be more observant, not so hasty, and not double post on top of others'. thanks.