Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

What do you think now? It feels like he wants to go there.

i didn't watch the entire episode but that little quote on this page doesn't have him saying anything about wanting to go to Atlanta, or not. he says ATL has a good team, basically, good players.

he has stated previously he wants to stay with the Bears, and recently stated he just wants to know what the final decision is. Nothing in those statements states he wants or prefers to go to ATL.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i didn't watch the entire episode but that little quote on this page doesn't have him saying anything about wanting to go to Atlanta, or not. he says ATL has a good team, basically, good players.

he has stated previously he wants to stay with the Bears, and recently stated he just wants to know what the final decision is. Nothing in those statements states he wants or prefers to go to ATL.

Sports talking heads are apparently making a big deal that Fields has evidently stopped "following " the Bears on social media. 🙄 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Sports talking heads are apparently making a big deal that Fields has evidently stopped "following " the Bears on social media. 🙄 

which he said he just wanted to take a break from it all for awhile. totally understandable.

Fields: “I still mess with the Bears. I’m trying to take a little break. I unfollowed the Bears and the NFL, I’m not just trying to have football on my timeline.”

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

which he said he just wanted to take a break from it all for awhile. totally understandable.

Fields: “I still mess with the Bears. I’m trying to take a little break. I unfollowed the Bears and the NFL, I’m not just trying to have football on my timeline.”

That’s sounds great. But you can mute accounts and not have them on your timeline without unfollowing them. 

So, unfollowing an account is a bit more than just “I wanted to take a break”. It’s a passive aggressive display. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s sounds great. But you can mute accounts and not have them on your timeline without unfollowing them. 

So, unfollowing an account is a bit more than just “I wanted to take a break”. It’s a passive aggressive display. 

and you might be totally correct as to his intentions and mindset, or all of us may not know enough to make a real evaluation.

i'm not accusing you of this because you're a very sensible guy, but this time of year in the football world is so filled with drama and soap operas and folks rushing to conclusions with 1% of the data they really need.

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It feels like he wants to go there.

does it? 

Fields: "Yeah, of course. Of course I want to stay [in Chicago]. I can't see myself playing in another place, but I know how the league is. If it was up to me I would stay in Chicago. I love the city. The city's lit. The fans there, they're great."

"But it's a business. I ain't got no control over it, so whatever happens happens."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bears-justin-fields-gives-preference-on-chicago-future-after-being-subject-of-trade-talk-i-want-to-stay/

i sense nothing in this direct quote from Fields that he wants to go to Atlanta and play there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The pressure wouldn’t be on Fields. It would be on Poles. 

And then on Fields because Poles' successor would swiftly stuff Fields in a UPS parcel.

Edited by Duluther

8 hours ago, Duluther said:

And then on Fields because Poles' successor would swiftly stuff Fields in a UPS parcel.

If the Bears trade the #1 pick and keep Fields, he’s going to get an extension. 

A team is not going to pass on a QB with the 1st overall pick twice and continue to play the “wait and see” game.

• Like 1