Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Does the Rooney rule apply for coordinator jobs, as well?

In November 2020, team owners approved a proposal rewarding teams who developed minority talent that went on to become GMs or head coaches across the league. If a team lost a minority executive or coach to another team, that team would receive a third-round compensatory pick for two years. If a team lost both a coach and personnel member, it would receive a third-round compensatory pick for three years.

In 2021, the NFL approved changes requiring every team to interview at least two external minority candidates for open head coaching positions and at least one external minority candidate for a coordinator job. Additionally, at least one minority and/or female candidate must be interviewed for senior level positions (e.g., club president and senior executives).

Following the 2022 Spring League Meeting, NFL teams are now required to conduct outside interviews with a minority and/or female candidate for vacant QB coach positions. With many prospective head coaches beginning their careers in the QB room, the ruling is expected to help increase the hiring of minority head coaches in the future.

https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/inclusion/the-rooney-rule/

That's, uh...interesting.  He did work with both Goff and Stafford in LA and Russ in Seattle.  I would think that would sort of signify them moving on from Fields, because I'm not sure he could run the McVay-style offense...but, you never know.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's, uh...interesting.  He did work with both Goff and Stafford in LA and Russ in Seattle.  I would think that would sort of signify them moving on from Fields, because I'm not sure he could run the McVay-style offense...but, you never know.

I had similar thoughts. From a background/scheme standpoint he’s not that much different from Luke Getsy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I had similar thoughts. From a background/scheme standpoint he’s not that much different from Luke Getsy. 

Which likely means that they will trade Fields...it'll be interesting to see who trades for him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Not happening!!

Yeah, honestly doubt it happens. He’s most likely a Viking for the next few years. But if we decide to move on from Cousins, I could definitely see Atlanta as a landing spot. Like I’ve said, and will continue to do so, it’s gonna be an interesting offseason for the purple. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Atlanta makes the most sense in Field's perspective, but that's because he grew up in Georgia.

That certainly will be dependent on who they hire as HC, but yes, that's probably the ideal location for him based on the talent they have there already.  And like @vike daddy indicated, would take them off the board as far as competition for drafting a QB.