Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

17 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wonder if the team with the 3rd pick would get to trade up to 1 to get their choice of QBs

I can't see Belichick trading up to #1 (if he's still the coach/pseudo-GM).  If he's gone, then it's all up in the air.  It's all going to be interesting because there could be new regimes in both Washington and NE.  Then we may not see another team potentially going at QB until Atlanta at #9. 

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can't see Belichick trading up to #1 (if he's still the coach/pseudo-GM).  If he's gone, then it's all up in the air.  It's all going to be interesting because there could be new regimes in both Washington and NE.  Then we may not see another team potentially going at QB until Atlanta at #9. 

Are they locked into 3? If Bill is still there,  I can't really see him wanting to work with another rookie quarterback 

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Are they locked into 3? If Bill is still there,  I can't really see him wanting to work with another rookie quarterback 

I don't believe they're locked into 3 yet since they have the same record as Washington and Arizona.  They could fall if they beat the Jets.  I'm not sold that they'll draft a QB either, as they could go with one of the top OTs, either Fashanu or Alt. 

Edited by swede700

The only way I’d be trading down, if I were Chicago, is if New England wanted the #1 pick to jump Washington. I’m not moving behind Arizona and losing out on MHJ. 

And it would be very fitting for Chicago to pass on Mahomes (who Caleb Williams is regularly compared to), again. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

And you have to wonder, who are they going to get? 

Firing your offensive staff is usually step 1 in trying to save your job. So, how long of a leash does Eberflus have? And Chicago has already proven that drafting a QB doesn’t make the leash any longer. 

Fox was fired a year after the Bears drafted Trubisky, and Nagy was fired a year after they drafted Fields.

If the Bears draft Williams, it certainly seems like the pattern could continue. 

Edited by SemperFeist