Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

I think the coaching changes tells us that MM puts a lot of the blame there as far as Hundley not being ready. I still think we have to forever adjust our expectations at the position due to the QB school no longer fitting in to the schedules. That really accelerated QB development in the past

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I think the coaching changes tells us that MM puts a lot of the blame there as far as Hundley not being ready. I still think we have to forever adjust our expectations at the position due to the QB school no longer fitting in to the schedules. That really accelerated QB development in the past

I don't think the offensive coaching chances were because of Hundley (though if Hundley was successful MM might of pushed it off another year again).

But I mean, I think MM attempted to demote Edgar Bennett because MM thought he needed to get Joe Philbin back... and he was opening up a spot for him. And because he thought Philbin was better than Bennett.

For QB Alex Van Pelt, rumor has it that some team (I forget who now) wanted to interview him to be their offensive coordinator and MM blocked it... which pissed Van Pelt off, but MM doesn't let anyone on his coaching stuff interview for other jobs, if they can NFL rules block it. Which allows them to block any body with more years left on their contract from being interviewed for any position that doesn't give them final say on the 53 man roster... so basically head coaches and GM jobs. 

I don't have a clue, what got MM to change and add the Pass/Run Game Coordinators bit... but it has been popping up across NFL teams.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Schneider and the Seahawks have really taken it on the chin the last few years.

Heart of the defense departed, crappy draft choices, still more poor trades. Ouch.

Seattle is reeling, no doubt about it and the buck stops with the man in charge - Schneider (or in Seattle's case maybe Schneider and Carroll).

Of course, even if he remains the team's GM until 2022 and the Seahawks do not appear in another Super Bowl between now and then ... Schneider as a GM will still have been to more Super Bowl's (over his by then 13 years) than your favorite GM, so there's that.

And when 40 players signed/drafted by Thompson win the Super Bowl this year, it's because of the ten players Gute added and Thompson will get not an ounce of credit from you.   I get it.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Schneider and the Seahawks have really taken it on the chin the last few years.

Heart of the defense departed, crappy draft choices, still more poor trades. Ouch.

Seattle is reeling, no doubt about it and the buck stops with the man in charge - Schneider (or in Seattle's case maybe Schneider and Carroll).

Of course, even if he remains the team's GM until 2022 and the Seahawks do not appear in another Super Bowl between now and then ... Schneider as a GM will still have been to more Super Bowl's (over his by then 13 years) than your favorite GM, so there's that.

Weren't you the one who was adamant that the Packers should have hired Schneider to replace Ted Thompson?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Weren't you the one who was adamant that the Packers should have hired Schneider to replace Ted Thompson?

No. He was the one that loved AJ Hawk and defended him. He wanted him to be the highest paid linebacker of all time.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nope.

I was the guy who was adamant that the Packers needed to move on from the previous GM.

I continue to applaud Mark Murphy for taking that step.

In Gute I trust.

Archived