Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

2 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

The more I think about this trade the more I don’t like it. I actually said I would settle for no less than Khalil Mack in return for Hundley. 

I actually thought you were serious and really wanted to see where this was going.

Now I'm secretly hoping for anarchy by the way of Wilson getting hurt, Hundley winning 12 games. and ZOMG FIRE MACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC TRAIN to be the biggest of all time.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

They brag about overpaying for a QB. They don't know what it's like to pay a QB what he deserves my boy

If we signed Cousins to that same deal they would melt down in laughter, assuming we didn't have a QB obviously. I can't imagine like 25% of what I talk about football wise being trying to crap on my rival as if it's going to make them a worse team somehow. I used to joke they need therapy, until I realized that is their therapy.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That'll be the interesting discussion to listen in on.  I'm sure they liked Taysom Hill a good deal, but I don't think anyone in that FO is losing sleep over losing him.

Also, NO traded for Teddy Bridgewater, so Taysom Hill will be their 3rd string?

Just now, James Lofton said:

Also, NO traded for Teddy Bridgewater, so Taysom Hill will be their 3rd string?

He was already playing behind Tom flipping Savage. I have to think they keep him to be #3 and play ST like he has been.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I have to think they keep him to be #3 and play ST like he has been.

He's a threat to run / throw the ball from punt formation, he lines up as the personal protector

" In the first quarter, Hill received a direct snap in punt formation and ran 5 yards to extend the Saints’ drive on fourth-and-3 "

50 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

He's a threat to run / throw the ball from punt formation, he lines up as the personal protector

" In the first quarter, Hill received a direct snap in punt formation and ran 5 yards to extend the Saints’ drive on fourth-and-3 "

Yeah they played it on TV like one trillion times 

My main feeling now that Hundley is gone is relief. We will never have to watch him in a Packer uniform again. Last year was a nightmare. He looked significantly better in the preseason this year, and I thought he had an edge on Kizer, but I'm still relieved. I didn't think they could get anything for him, so a 6th round pick is really good. 

I think it was odd that he started every game in the preseason only to get traded away. Maybe they were looking to increase his trade value, and if that's the case it worked, but it seems like a high price to pay, depriving Kizer of snaps with Packer starters against decent competition from opposing defenses. 

I wanted to go with Kizer, given that he's got a much stronger arm, and is several years younger with possible development ahead.  He may turn out no better than Hundley,  in the end, but not having four chances to show that he'd never be very good, I much preferred taking a shot on an unknown who might become fairly good over a guy who never will.  So I thought Hundley was redundant all along and hoped we'd cut him.  To get a 6th probably won't be anything, but a 6th-round pick with a shot is better than nothing.  

So very pleased.  And surprised Gute was able to get a 6th.    Nice job.  

To answer my own question from earlier in this thread, I think they started Hundley in the preseason games because they were leaning toward keeping him over Kizer (or keeping both, with Hundley as the #2 and Kizer as the #3), but when Seattle offered a 6th round pick, they decided to take it. Had someone offered a late round pick for Kizer, they may have taken that deal instead. 

14 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

To answer my own question from earlier in this thread, I think they started Hundley in the preseason games because they were leaning toward keeping him over Kizer (or keeping both, with Hundley as the #2 and Kizer as the #3), but when Seattle offered a 6th round pick, they decided to take it. Had someone offered a late round pick for Kizer, they may have taken that deal instead. 

No. They started Hundley to showcase him for a trade. Kizer was never going to get cut or traded. 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

No. They started Hundley to showcase him for a trade. Kizer was never going to get cut or traded. 

I agree with this thinking.....although you never know.....if a nice trade offer for Kizer came along the organization was in a good spot to take advantage of it. Not that I was eager for Hundley possibly taking regular season snaps again....but just saying.

Archived