Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd have to imagine we weren't getting much more than a Day 2 pick, which is obviously a huge step up from what we actually received for Hundley.  The problem is that you can't go into the season with Joe Callahan and Taysom Hill as your backup QBs, and I have no desire to go through the Seneca Wallace debacle again.  The Packers clearly didn't feel that the uncertainty at the QB position was worth whatever the team was acquiring.  And quite frankly, I don't blame them.  Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Sure, I would imagine we would have likely had to add another QB if Hundley was dealt. Not sure who would have been available. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You could argue Hundley had no business making it this long either........but, I guess we don't need to go there. I'm just happy Seattle bit and gave up the pick. 

For some, lasting 3+ years as a 5th round pick = a success for the franchise even if the player never actually produces on the field.

For others, a guy who was groomed for 2+ years to be the backup QB and flops when given his opportunity = failure.

At this point, who really cares, time to celebrate that Gute at least got something in return for a player that most Packer fans had given up on.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Sure, I would imagine we would have likely had to add another QB if Hundley was dealt. Not sure who would have been available. 

The FA QB class was pretty much picked through at that point.  Nobody really noteworthy.

Just now, packfanfb said:

You could argue Hundley had no business making it this long either........but, I guess we don't need to go there. I'm just happy Seattle bit and gave up the pick. 

No, you really couldn't argue that, and you wouldn't if you realized the state of NFL backups.  Hundley had three games with over 100 QB rating. 

Since 2010, there have been 4,096 regular season games played in the NFL. 

In that time, there have been 1,515 games where a PLAYER (punter, QB, kicker, WR, RB) has had a QB rating over 100.  Antonio Brown has three such games.  Randall Cobb has one. 

Even if you didn't think of all of those players or all the players who got a cheap 100 QB rating, that's 37% of games end in a QB rating over 100. 

Then consider that Brett Hundley had three such games. 

Everybody acting like Hundley was historically bad is just so ridiculous.  Brett Hundley, contrary to popular belief, is an average NFL backup QB. 

9 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

For others, a guy who was groomed for 2+ years to be the backup QB and flops when given his opportunity = failure.

Those posters tend to be the chicken little posters, who tend to use revisionist history to defend their stance.  Not saying their premise is wrong, but their train of logic is wrong.  IF the Packers traded away Brett Hundley for a Day 2 pick before the 2017 draft, you have to replace him.  You're not going into the 2017 season with a couple of UDFA as your backups and given that the FA QB class was pretty much picked through, you're essentially forcing yourself to taking DeShone Kizer at 33 if you want to feel semi comfortable with your QB position.  So that begs the question, what's worth more?  Kevin King and a '19 6th round pick or Kizer and a '17 Day 2 pick?  I'd rather have Kevin King.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, you really couldn't argue that, and you wouldn't if you realized the state of NFL backups.  Hundley had three games with over 100 QB rating. 

Since 2010, there have been 4,096 regular season games played in the NFL. 

In that time, there have been 1,515 games where a PLAYER (punter, QB, kicker, WR, RB) has had a QB rating over 100.  Antonio Brown has three such games.  Randall Cobb has one. 

Even if you didn't think of all of those players or all the players who got a cheap 100 QB rating, that's 37% of games end in a QB rating over 100. 

Then consider that Brett Hundley had three such games. 

Everybody acting like Hundley was historically bad is just so ridiculous.  Brett Hundley, contrary to popular belief, is an average NFL backup QB. 

I couldn't care less about misleading QB ratings. Fact is, anyone who watched Hundley saw how below-average he played the position...to the point where Mike McCarthy, the king of flattery towards his own players, was forced to admit that Hundley "was not prepared" to be out there, a disconcerting statement from the guy who had been grooming you the last 3 years to provide servicable play when needed. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

More proof Gute is not Ted.

Ted trade. Gute would have gotten a veteran starter back.

ToT dislikes this post.

Seattle desperately needed a backup. Palmy even mentioned this being a place he would fit too. Good deal for all. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I couldn't care less about misleading QB ratings. Fact is, anyone who watched Hundley saw how below-average he played the position...to the point where Mike McCarthy, the king of flattery towards his own players, was forced to admit that Hundley "was not prepared" to be out there, a disconcerting statement from the guy who had been grooming you the last 3 years to provide servicable play when needed. 

He is a below average starter. He is an average, even slightly above average backup. 

Archived