Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

Just now, packfanfb said:

It's hard to "prove" things that aren't measured by statistics like complete lack of pocket awareness, lack of ability to read a defense, lack of ability not to drop your head when your first option is taken away, etc. Hundley struggled badly at all of these observable things and really failed to improve on any of them throughout the season. No one expected him to step in and everything be status quo, but you'd expect some improvement. 

This is all supported by GB's actions this off-season. GB had zero reason to target Kizer in a trade if they had any confidence in the further development of Hundley. IMO, when they made that trade, Hundley, baring injury to Kizer, was done in GB. They simply waited, played him No. 2 all pre-season and hoped to find a team to bite, which just happened. GB simply did not see a guy that was worth keeping around and, as many people here have preached over and over again, you don't get rid of players who you think are developing in the right direction. 

He's not arguing he hasn't been flawed...

It's hard to "prove" things that aren't measured by statistics like complete lack of pocket awareness, lack of ability to read a defense, lack of ability not to drop your head when your first option is taken away, etc.

Okay, I'll make it easier for you.  Name 16 backup quarterbacks that YOU THINK were better than Hundley. 

Please, please, please.  Please list 16 backup quarterbacks that YOU THINK were better than Hundley in the NFL last year.  Please.  Don't backtrack, don't cover up this request with baloney.  Take a stab at it.  Take an actual shot.  List 16 backup quarterbacks that you think were better than Hundley last year.  I'll wait. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

IDC about what he does after. That's not my argument. He was good enough to make it this long. Always was. He was not lucky to be in the NFL still based on play. Even if he isn't good.

I mean, we can argue that he was good enough to be on an NFL roster. Is he good enough to be a No. 2 in this league? I have my doubts based on what I've seen. 

I mean, we can argue that he was good enough to be on an NFL roster. Is he good enough to be a No. 2 in this league? I have my doubts based on what I've seen. 

List 16 players better than him.  It's quite clearly a case of supply.  There isn't a backup QB tree.  There isn't even a backup QB ATM.

I'm waiting on that list of 16 backups you think are better than him.  You're backtracking, and you know it.  First it was he didn't deserve a spot in the NFL, now he isn't a serviceable backup.  Guess what, Kevin Hogan isn't a serviceable backup, either.  Neither is RG3.  Neither are over half of the backup quarterbacks in the NFL.

So unless you have a John Hammond Creation Center somewhere that specializes in QB production, yeah... He WAS worth that spot on the 53. 

Either admit you were wrong and move on or provide that list of 16 players better than him.  That's a VERY fair offer considering those 16 players (if you CAN list them) weren't available to us and Hundley was.

So if you can't even find 16 players on other teams who were better than Hundley, where you finding players that would have been a better option than Hundley?

If you say Kaepernick and nothing else, I will literally LOL.  There is a reason why Kaepernick was not on a team. 

The disagreement is simply whether the guy is a serviceable No. 2 QB. He says yes, I say no. 

No, no, no, no, no, no.  I've never said that, making this a lie.  I am capable of perspective.  You are not.  When looking at the reality of the NFL and the availability of "serviceable" number 2 quarterbacks, you don't find a whole hell of a lot of anything.  Then you look at Hundley, who was better than some backups in the NFL and better than any other option we had as a number 2, yeah, I disagree with you. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay, I'll make it easier for you.  Name 16 backup quarterbacks that YOU THINK were better than Hundley. 

Please, please, please.  Please list 16 backup quarterbacks that YOU THINK were better than Hundley in the NFL last year.  Please.  Don't backtrack, don't cover up this request with baloney.  Take a stab at it.  Take an actual shot.  List 16 backup quarterbacks that you think were better than Hundley last year.  I'll wait. 

Didn't even look at this full list because I'm lazy, but I'd probably agree to something similar in terms of Hundley's ranking...around 26-27. List actually has Henne at 28 who I put ahead of Hundley. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781971-ranking-every-nfl-teams-backup-qb-situation#slide0 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, no, no, no, no, no.  I've never said that, making this a lie.  I am capable of perspective.  You are not.  When looking at the reality of the NFL and the availability of "serviceable" number 2 quarterbacks, you don't find a whole hell of a lot of anything.  Then you look at Hundley, who was better than some backups in the NFL and better than any other option we had as a number 2, yeah, I disagree with you. 

Define "some". I didn't say he was the worst back-up in the league, but I disagreed with you that he was near "average."

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Every QB has flaws, that's not what I'm debating either. The disagreement is simply whether the guy is a serviceable No. 2 QB. He says yes, I say no. 

Don't be surprised if Hundley is quite good in that Seattle offense. There's a reason why I brought up Seattle a few times in Hundley conversation on here. Hundley is far more in line with that Seattle offense and even more importantly Pete Carroll.

1 minute ago, palmy50 said:

Don't be surprised if Hundley is quite good in that Seattle offense. There's a reason why I brought up Seattle a few times in Hundley conversation on here. Hundley is far more in line with that Seattle offense and even more importantly Pete Carroll.

It's the gum chewing.  Very supportive of that out west.  Not so much in the midwest.

96% sure that's what Palmy means by system.

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Didn't even look at this full list because I'm lazy, but I'd probably agree to something similar in terms of Hundley's ranking...around 26-27. List actually has Henne at 28 who I put ahead of Hundley. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781971-ranking-every-nfl-teams-backup-qb-situation#slide0 

This is one of the worst lists I've seen.

Define "some". I didn't say he was the worst back-up in the league, but I disagreed with you that he was near "average."

Define "average."  I think a fair way to define average is the exact midpoint in the league.  16.  Where does he rank as far as backups when you've got 16 backups.  If he's 15th best, he's technically above average.  If he's 17th, he's below average.

The list you provided is for 2018.  That's cheating.  The question was whether or not he belonged on our 53 previously.  So you can cheat if you want, or you can play fair.  Also, did you LOOK at that list?  You really think Taysum Hill and Austin Davis are better than Hundley?  Lol. 

So to be clear, you think Lynch, Hill, Davis, Beathard, Colt McCoy, Lamar Jackson, Blaine Gabbert, Sean Mannion, Jake Rudock, Cody Kessler, Chase Daniel, Nathan Peterman, Brock Ossweiler and Landry Jones are better than Hundley? 

Have you even HEARD of Jake Rudock before today?  I sure as hell haven't. 

Archived