Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

It really doesn't matter who our back up QB is.  MM's offense is too dependent on ARodger's skill level.  NO ONE is going to come in here and run it.  I think they kept Kizer because his ceiling is higher than Hundley's ever was.  Now that the extension was signed MM has 4-5 years to find a QB to run whatever offense we will morph to in that time.  (though I think MM is tied to ARod and they will leave together).

Hundley's in a better place for him. His game is much closer to Wilson's than ARodg's.

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

No. They started Hundley to showcase him for a trade. Kizer was never going to get cut or traded. 

Not only that but it helps the skills guys when they have someone who knows what's going on perform too. Easier to evaluate them too.

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Hundley's in a better place for him. His game is much closer to Wilson's than ARodg's.

We'll see about that....or perhaps we wont. Wilson's not been seriously injured since.....well, since I can remember - so perhaps we never see Hundley take a regular season snap in SEA. But - the traits he showed while here in GB have deeper roots than just his time here in GB. Can (or will) that leopard change his spots? We'll see.

My opinions;

-a 6th for a guy who we didn't really need is a win. Typically, a fringe roster cut guy goes for a conditional 7th.

-I'm cool with Kizer being the QB. I don't think he is the heir, but he does have tools. If Hundley, Kizer, or Boyle have to play, we're a sub 500 team anyway.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

It really doesn't matter who our back up QB is.  MM's offense is too dependent on ARodger's skill level.  NO ONE is going to come in here and run it.  I think they kept Kizer because his ceiling is higher than Hundley's ever was.  Now that the extension was signed MM has 4-5 years to find a QB to run whatever offense we will morph to in that time.  (though I think MM is tied to ARod and they will leave together).

Wouldn't fight ya on that in bold one bit. Good luck finding a bigger Mac fan than myself. But last year was easily his worst work while in the Packers big chair IMO. The way Mac thinks and the values he firmly believes in are at times both a blessing and a curse.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

dt7Jprqx_bigger.jpegRoss TuckerVerified account @RossTuckerNFL 5h5 hours ago
Mor""" "There is no way the Seahawks watched the four Packers games Brett Hundley started that I called for @westwood1sports last year because I can't fathom giving up a 6th Rd pick for that. He was awful. I never say that about guys but he was really bad."

This must be really tough for you.  Your John Schneider love up to last year versus Ted Thompson's draft pick.  Who do you call an idiot?  Who do you say sucks? 

21 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

dt7Jprqx_bigger.jpegRoss TuckerVerified account @RossTuckerNFL 5h5 hours ago
Mor""" "There is no way the Seahawks watched the four Packers games Brett Hundley started that I called for @westwood1sports last year because I can't fathom giving up a 6th Rd pick for that. He was awful. I never say that about guys but he was really bad."

Once again I will reference the NFL coach who, while talking to the media said, in a plainspoken as if he was talking to teenagers kind of way, “I know you think you know what you’re talking about, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. You think you know what we know, but you don’t know what we know.”

I feel like any time you're evaluating an NFL player in terms of "he's good" or "he's bad" (instead of "what he's good at" or "what he struggles with", say) then your analysis is automatically suspect.

Like I get that twitter's character limit eliminates nuance a lot of the time, but if the gist of what you're saying is "he's awful" then perhaps the solution is "don't hit send."

53 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Once again I will reference the NFL coach who, while talking to the media said, in a plainspoken as if he was talking to teenagers kind of way, “I know you think you know what you’re talking about, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. You think you know what we know, but you don’t know what we know.”

I'm still wondering if they think they can get a year out of him, then either resign him or get a 4th or 5th round comp pick for him... in other words, they're trying to trade the 6th further up and use Hundley as their back-up for a year.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

This must be really tough for you.  Your John Schneider love up to last year versus Ted Thompson's draft pick.  Who do you call an idiot?  Who do you say sucks? 

Schneider and the Seahawks have really taken it on the chin the last few years.

Heart of the defense departed, crappy draft choices, still more poor trades. Ouch.

Seattle is reeling, no doubt about it and the buck stops with the man in charge - Schneider (or in Seattle's case maybe Schneider and Carroll).

Of course, even if he remains the team's GM until 2022 and the Seahawks do not appear in another Super Bowl between now and then ... Schneider as a GM will still have been to more Super Bowl's (over his by then 13 years) than your favorite GM, so there's that.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like any time you're evaluating an NFL player in terms of "he's good" or "he's bad" (instead of "what he's good at" or "what he struggles with", say) then your analysis is automatically suspect.

Like I get that twitter's character limit eliminates nuance a lot of the time, but if the gist of what you're saying is "he's awful" then perhaps the solution is "don't hit send."

Well said Sir! Couldn't agree more.

44 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm still wondering if they think they can get a year out of him, then either resign him or get a 4th or 5th round comp pick for him... in other words, they're trying to trade the 6th further up and use Hundley as their back-up for a year.

It’s like backup QB bingo.

I’m pretty certain the team just wants the player. But we fans take a longer view. “Maybe we can flip (Brooks, Brunell, Hundley, Kizer) for a pick after he is done holding the clipboard for us!”

So yeah, he could yield a pick back for Seattle down the road. 

59 minutes ago, Beast said:

Would take Hundley playing a lot and lighting it up in SEA for him to have any chance of netting such a comp pick. This year you got a 5th rounder for a player who signed a contract averaging 5.6M. 4th rounder was awarded for a player who got a nearly 9M per year contract.

Hundley may realistically net them a 7th rounder, which requires someone to sign him for a bit over 2M per year. 6th rounder would require a contract somewhere between 3M-4M per year.

Archived